It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry Stops Paying Staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/10/rick-perry-stops-paying-his-south-carolina-staff-as-fundraising-dries-up/]Source[/ url]

One down, 14 or 15 to go. He has run out of money. no one is giving. I am surprised he got this far.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on Tue Aug 11 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My heart is truly breaking...

The very fact that people need so much wealth to even consider running for president is a huge arsed past off the problem IMO.

edit on 8/11/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Great, he ruined Texas and would have done the same to the country. He is the most loyal man money can buy!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
My heart is truly breaking...

The very fact that people need so much wealth to even consider running for president is a huge arsed past off the problem IMO.

I wouldn't have wanted him as President, but that is a good point.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

He certainly would not have been my choice either so its no skin off my nose if he drops out at this point. Just for once though I would love to see an average blue collar worker be able to step up to the plate and discuss his/her ideas. There are fewer resourceful people on the planet than the average blue collar working man/woman. Talk about learning to live on a shoestring budget? Talk about problem solving skills that were well learned and practiced in daily real life situations....

I don't know why we can't have that. At some point it became about who was richer and who had the best college education. Who had come from the best families etc. We see how well that's working for us.

I am past ready for a change and not the "change" we've had for the last few years either.

Bloodlines and bank statements does not a good president make IMO. Obviously many disagree with that sentiment because we keep reliving some kind of sick version of Groundhog Day every election cycle.
edit on 8/11/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Swype for iPad is the devil incarnate. It should be burned in a warehouse with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. Often.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
I did like some of the changes of the past several years. I expected more...like many others. I can only hope Bernie Sanders gets the nomination. He is not functioning on a massive amount of money. He seems to be hope and change without yelling hope and change.

But there is a lot I think that is unknown about being elected President. The person elected may have a lot of plans and face opposition he didn't expect. But more than that. First day on the job, he/she realizes they are not really the boss. They are given parameters and told who the boss is. Told many other things that I have seen age several Presidents in the space of 6 months. If there is a conspiracy anywhere, I am guessing it is there.

edit on 11-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
well really there is a way with th einternet these days to run for president without big donations. Own your own advertising company and put yourself all over the internet. GO VIRAL! go kickstarter! Its just no one influential enough has done it yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, when the entirety of your revamped campaign from 2012 is "This time I'll wear glasses to look smarter" you're in trouble, even in the trash heap the GOP is running out there this time around.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
He kind of struck me as "doing it because everyone expects it" and not really in it.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I was wondering if that would even be legal.

Start a kickstarter now for 2020, give a person time to own the webz

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

........Only the elite can get elected at this level. This is wrong and needs to change with the two party system falling into the dust bin of history.

We need......GULP to nationalize elections for president. Slippery slope....YA. But we need to stop the flow of money into government pockets. We currently live under a corporate controlled Oligarchy. The republic has fallen and the constitution is not being followed. This path will not work for much longer as individual rights gives way to the rights of the masses. This is how oligarchies are formed and expanded into outright tyranny.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Stop the flow of money into government pockets ... by making elections all about the flow of money out of government pockets ...

How do you think the money gets into government pockets?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SubTruth

Stop the flow of money into government pockets ... by making elections all about the flow of money out of government pockets ...

How do you think the money gets into government pockets?

I do not have the answer.......This is just a idea. That is why I GULPED and said slippery slope. Maybe a national campaign fund or something.........You are right that would probably become corrupt as loop holes and connections are made.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Rick Perry's campaign ending six months before the first election?

Wow...that's bad.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
First one down. 14 more to go.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Sixteen more to go. There are 17 people vying for the GOP nomination, if Perry drops now then it'll be 16.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The GOP back room and donor's polite told Romeny that he wasn't going to get the chance to run again. Why didn't they stop a presidential wannabe like Rick Perry from running in the first place? The answer I can come up with is that the sheer level of dysfunction in the GOP is simply getting worse.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
well really there is a way with th einternet these days to run for president without big donations. Own your own advertising company and put yourself all over the internet. GO VIRAL! go kickstarter! Its just no one influential enough has done it yet.

Yuppa, that is a really good point.

top topics

join