It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who buy into the OS of 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am curious, very curious, what keeps you posting so regularly about this topic? Why the passion for something you, and most of the world, generally denounces as a wacky "conspiracy theory"?

I do NOT believe the offical story, but it has only been about a year for me. Up until last September I paid little, or no attention to 9/11 conspiracies. I will admit that they were typically met with eye rolls from myself.

But, after seeing Corbett's 5 minute video on the 9/11 conspiracy I was hooked. Building 7 was the clincher for me. I knew it fell on 9/11, but I had never examined it closely. The Pentagon and Shanksville stories are equally questionable for me. I have now read more than a dozen books on the subject, including the Official account, which I believe represents a massive coverup.

Anyway, back to you OS believers. The world, led by the MSM, is strongly on your side. Officially, few highly placed politicians seem to question the OS. So, this is the basis of my question: why are OS believers so active on this site, and in the 9/11 forum? If you really think people like myself are crackpots, as does most of the world, so why do you work so hard posting on here, when you think the conspiracy is silly?

Serious question. No need for name calling, I really want to know the answer to this question.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

Officially, few highly placed politicians seem to question the OS.

Can't have never ending war without it. But who's questioning all that?

Another rubble pile thread.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I do not believe the official story. I remember the morning of 9.11.2001 very clearly, as if it happened yesterday, and even that day while watching the news I had an unshakeable feeling that something was very wrong with the whole mess. Before 9.11 the only conspiracy theory I was even vaguely familiar with was the JFK assassination.

I honestly think that people refuse to consider that 9.11 was an inside job because it would shatter their sense of safety and well being. It would turn their world view upside down. You cannot question 9.11 and come to the conclusion that information is being withheld and covered up without then systematically questioning a whole chain of beliefs.

I believe those that believe the official story and make an effort to refute any claims against it do so in an attempt to preserve their own peace of mind.

Those who prop up the official story have done an excellent job at lumping 9.11 "truthers" with all sorts of other wacky conspiracy theorists - so there are also people out there who refuse to consider any evidence that 9.11 was at a minimum known about in advance simply because doing so, in their minds, would associate them with the crazies.

(post by htapath removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
why are non-conspiracy theorists on a conspiracy forum anyway?

some know-it-alls obviously just get high on making fun of and exposing conspiracy theorists. they feel strong with MSM and and the majority behind them.

being on the official side is easy living for the lazy ones. you don't have to be well informed or critical. MSN and politicians think for you, just repeat it, no matter how domb it sounds.

oh and i'm sure there are some paid disinfo agents here also spreading their propaganda.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Yes, clearly they have been successful in denouncing conspiracy theories, in general, and I believe using disinformation to cloud the 9/11 story. I believe that "no planes" or "energy beams" are classic examples of this disinformation. They use the radical element, which may, or may not be disinformation, to make everything else, but the official story, look silly. It's masterful. No one said the secret government was without some very strong intelligence.

I agree with all you said. Questioning the official story is very uncomfortable, and it does make you doubt just about everything.

Thanks for your reply. I really want to hear some good explanations from the OS crowd too.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: htapath

Why do they have to be agents? Is it remotely possible that they just disagree, have a lot of knowledge on the subject, and enjoy debate?

I don't believe 100% of the OS. I have some unanswered questions that seem to forever remain unanswered. But that's my thing. I respect those who oppose my viewpoint. If I want to present evidence to back up my claims, I had better be sure it's good and can stump those who post in favor of the OS.

If you go to any forum here and post tripe, don't be upset and hollering "SHILL!!!" just because you got your ass handed to you. Take it as a lesson, find some better sources to back up your point. In searching for answers, you might just stumble upon the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I don't post regularly about this topic. Every now and then I see a thread that catches my interest or a post in a thread and I'll respond to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't post regularly about this topic. Every now and then I see a thread that catches my interest or a post in a thread and I'll respond to it.

Fine, but if you are an OS'er you didn't even touch my question. What keeps you coming back to review and respond to a "wacky conspiracy theory"?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
why are non-conspiracy theorists on a conspiracy forum anyway?

some know-it-alls obviously just get high on making fun of and exposing conspiracy theorists. they feel strong with MSM and and the majority behind them.

being on the official side is easy living for the lazy ones. you don't have to be well informed or critical. MSN and politicians think for you, just repeat it, no matter how domb it sounds.

oh and i'm sure there are some paid disinfo agents here also spreading their propaganda.

This one gets me too. If someone disagrees with your conspiracy, they don't belong here. After all, it's a conspiracy site.

But you forget the slogan. Deny Ignorance. If you see it, can prove it, you have the obligation to share it. Enlighten others. Help them learn. We aren't all here to blindly agree with everything, we are here to have logical discussion about the topics brought up. And learn a lot in the process. (as long as you are willing to accept you might be wrong)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Fine, but if you are an OS'er you didn't even touch my question. What keeps you coming back to review and respond to a "wacky conspiracy theory"?

Mild amusement. I frequent ATS as a hobby and for entertainment purposes. I used to believe a lot of the crap said on this website, then I started listening to the sites motto and found out that many of those things are only believed because the people going on and on about being "open minded" and more aware than everyone else have fallen into the same traps with alternative media that they accuse the majority of the public of falling prey to.

It's interesting what you learn about people and their beliefs when you become skeptical of everything, and I DO mean everything.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This one gets me too. If someone disagrees with your conspiracy, they don't belong here. After all, it's a conspiracy site.

Thats not what he said.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Some of the responses are quite predictable and frankly pretty sad..

Paid shills this, disinfo that.

Typical weak minded responses.

I just read earlier someone comparing the two towers collapsing with jenga, yep jenga.

There just may be some thruth within the "truthers" circle, but there is just way too much bs and lies form that side, and the constantly calling people shills gets very tiring...which is why I rarely post in these forums at all.

At least both sides can agree that the no planes theory is utter rubbish, but don't think for one second it was debunkers that made that up!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I used to believe a lot of the crap said on this website, then I started listening to the sites motto and found out that many of those things are only believed because the people going on and on about being "open minded" and more aware than everyone else have fallen into the same traps with alternative media that they accuse the majority of the public of falling prey to.

Long live the Main Stream version…
edit on 11-8-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Paid shills this, disinfo that.

Typical weak minded responses.

So theres no such thing? Thank you, We're so relieved.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Apparently you missed the part about Denying Ignorance. I don't believe the mainstream story JUST because everyone else does. I've looked at the evidence thanks to all the things that conspiracy theorists preach about open mindedness but never actually practice in regards to their own beliefs.

Nothing is wrong with questioning the official story, but one also has to be willing to accept that the official story is credible if the evidence suggests that it is. This appears to be a trait that many conspiracy theorists lack.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

'De Nile [denial] isn't just a river in Egypt.

I think it all comes down to peoples' mindsets, how they were raised and the people they surround themselves with. I have a cousin who works for the government with top secret clearance (something like that) etc. and he dismisses it as a ridiculous conspiracy theory. But my best friends step-dad works for the State Department, also with high ranking clearance etc. etc. and (other than in public places) he openly discusses how he thinks it was an inside job and how twisted TPTB are , etc. etc.

so that's why I think it all just depends on your mental make-up and whether or not someone is able to accept the facts that are in front of them (versus just believing the OS and trying to disregard those other facts as "interesting elements to the story, but not suggesting of anything sinister")

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: htapath

Why do they have to be agents? Is it remotely possible that they just disagree, have a lot of knowledge on the subject, and enjoy debate?

I don't believe 100% of the OS. I have some unanswered questions that seem to forever remain unanswered. But that's my thing. I respect those who oppose my viewpoint. If I want to present evidence to back up my claims, I had better be sure it's good and can stump those who post in favor of the OS.

If you go to any forum here and post tripe, don't be upset and hollering "SHILL!!!" just because you got your ass handed to you. Take it as a lesson, find some better sources to back up your point. In searching for answers, you might just stumble upon the truth.

My ass hasn't been handed to me yet. But my checking account was hacked a few years ago after receiving a U2U that said, "Be careful who you **c* with." Does that count?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't believe the mainstream story JUST because everyone else does.

"Everyone else" doesn't.

…but one also has to be willing to accept that the official story is credible if the evidence suggests that it is.

Who's 'one'?

Oh, thats a personal perspective.

So then you "believe" the OS then?

Theres no need to believe anything. I saw the second plane fly into the tower, live. Theres no conspiracy there. The conspiracy is deflection away from why that happened or why it was allowed to happen.

ETA: Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

edit on 11-8-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join