It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ralkina Jones "I don't want to die in your cell." She did.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
source

#ifIDieInPoliceCustody Is not a made up thing. A couple of people on this website have my facebook, my screenname is not exactly difficult to find. This is another one that scares me this might happen.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Sorry, I don't understand. Can you elaborate? Why are you scared this might happen to you and what has a couple of members here knowing your facebook got to do with it?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Granted that it could just be coincidence... it is certainly a little scary.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Sorry, I don't understand. Can you elaborate? Why are you scared this might happen to you and what has a couple of members here knowing your facebook got to do with it?

It goes to a twitter hashtag that became viral, the one I mention...and I had made a thread about it at the time. I was only underscoring...see again....and if it happens to me....a mashup of both the news story and my fear as a secondary thing.
edit on 11-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

thanks for bringing this to light. it seems even "good cops" are over their heads. i think it's time we do away with an obsolete institution that does more harm than good.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw

thanks for bringing this to light. it seems even "good cops" are over their heads. i think it's time we do away with an obsolete institution that does more harm than good.

Obviously, the cops on camera were good cops and on top of their game, but I don;t know what happened to her in the morning.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't know how to address that fear on your part. You're not her or in her town or that jail, etc.

The article didn't say how she 'reportedly' died?

This was interesting…

One of them suggested moving her to a cell where she would have access to a phone to speak with her family. But he said her current cell was better situated for jail personnel to monitor her health.

Whatever that means.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Thank you. I am sorry that you are worried.

I would never have thought that in the U.S you would have to live with fear like that as a citizen. It makes me very sad.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I don't know how to address that fear on your part. You're not her or in her town or that jail, etc.

The article didn't say how she 'reportedly' died?

This was interesting…

One of them suggested moving her to a cell where she would have access to a phone to speak with her family. But he said her current cell was better situated for jail personnel to monitor her health.

Whatever that means.

ty and to revolution9 too. When the twitter hashtag first came about, one could have called it a 'fad'. It is not likley I will end up in jail, but most people think that. I am also very worried for others this may happen to- as police become more militarized, they shoot pet dogs, kids- in broad daylight. What happens behind closed doors?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: fixitwcw

Obviously, the cops on camera were good cops and on top of their game, but I don;t know what happened to her in the morning.

It seems to me she was denied the medical care she needed to stay alive while in custody. That is barbaric.

I hope and I pray that this can be resolved in the U.S. It is no way to live. Sounds to me like this needs to be tackled at Federal level. It is not going to get better dealing with it state by state. How long would that take? Federal laws are required to give people in custody certain rights across the whole of the U.S.

You are right to be so worried by all this. If it was me I would not keep quiet. I would make sure that I was totally legal if I was in any danger as an activist. I would carry on the good work, keeping away from anything that breaks the law or anything violent. But I would not keep quiet when this fear hangs over a society.

You know it is better to act in numbers. To be part of a group acting within the law. It is very lonely and leaves you feeling very vulnerable acting alone, Paranoia Alley, so to speak.

Try and work as part of a group, safety in numbers and all that.

Well they better not hurt you in any way. It is very good that you care so much.

Stuff like this needs a million to march on the White House!

It takes me back to Martin Luther King, imagining his lonely hour when there was nothing he could do.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I'm sorry to reply to your post directly but, I wanted to share something and am unable to post directly...
It is NOT inconceivable that one could be arrested and die hours later...under "maybe" suspicious circumstances.

NY Daily News

From the article...

Goode, who was under the influence of an unknown substance, began acting "erratically," though not violently, Edwards said.

Someone called police believing Goode was involved in a domestic dispute, Edwards said. When Southaven police arrived on scene, they took the 145-pound Goode into custody in an ambulance after hogtying him at around 7:45 p.m., Edwards said.

Chief Tom Long told the Clarion-Ledger that police were told Goode was having an "alleged '___' overdose."

"The officers on scene and ambulance personnel and hospital personnel felt like the information of the alleged overdose fit the protocol that they were seeing of his actions," Long said.

But Edwards said '___' overdoses do not cause death, showing police used excessive force.

It seems to me (uneducated layperson non law enforcement background) that if the police on scene were not in fear for their lives (as was stated that they were not) and the guy was not acting violently, then hog tying him was excessive and not conducive to protecting his health. How could the EMTs even get an IV going with him in that position?
I work with a population that at times can become very aggressive and their behavior erratic, even dangerous and anytime law enforcement has become involved the MOST restraining thing was hand cuffs in the back ( as usual). If the person was ever transported by ambulance, the stretcher restraints were enough. I take that back, there was one time that the handcuffs were on the person's ankles but, there hands were not cuffed...
In the video, the young man (I assume) is told by his Mother that "you'll be arrested next" and he says "No I won't Mom it's a free country"...
Sure it is!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I wager you live in a country with around 320 million people. Compare that number to the amount of people who die in jail cells, and see if your fear is valid.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We are a society that has become somewhat dystopic, with an injustice system that needs a complete overhaul, from the top to the bottom. In that order. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the U.S. to be number one in the world in incarcerations, and working hard to be number one for abuse of its citizens. Isn't it time we're number one in something that actually helps lead the world by example?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I wager you live in a country with around 320 million people. Compare that number to the amount of people who die in jail cells, and see if your fear is valid.

Any amount, under suspicious circumstances is too much. She wasn't the first, this follows a well covered case not long ago. And she says 'don't let me die in your cell", that is why this is noteworthy.

new topics

top topics

join