It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What separates man from everything else - Speech

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Hello Chrisfishenstein, may Peace be with you. You said:

I have compassion for the attacks against your beliefs. Stay positive bro!
I believe that when we ridicule those who ridicule us, only the seeds for increased negativity are planted: like things beget like things. Jesus spoke of this extensively in the sixth chapter of Luke.

Select verses from Luke 6

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

38. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.

35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Look at the animals of the world. Spend time with them, observe them, interact with them. Can't you see that they have emotions? Can't you see that they have individual personalities, likes, dislikes, and wants? The animals have memories. They share and teach culture. They have family and societal structure. They have verbal and non-verbal communication. They are engineers, architects, innovators, and inventors.

Thanks brother/sister! No I am just in tons of threads and always battling the same people about Jesus it seems...I don't mind but it gets overwhelming at times with no backup!

Your post was both refreshing and compassionate...Thanks for that!

I am not saying animals don't feel emotions and believe me when I say I am not bashing animals here, I have dogs and love them very much...But to compare my dog to me is absurd! I am sorry if people actually think this (IE Vagabond) but it was a question as to why and I posted my thoughts....Respect

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond

Humans have to be taught too- feral children rarely survive capture because we're LESS resilient in our own society. That's also why dogs are more successful bums than people.
Lke a dog or any other animal people have varying levels of understanding that may limit but not preclude their interaction with the behavior of other humans.

Long story short most humans are just highly trainable animals. In fact for more most people, if you name their best personality trait, it'll be something dogs do better. Everyone likes a brave man, but let's see one of those fetch your slippers the day after he saves your life.

How is this a fair statement?

That's also why dogs are more successful bums than people.

I mean seriously?? You think huh? Wonder why that is....I am not even responding to this

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So what do you think man, that man is not fundamentally animal? That there is an inherent difference between us and chimps that transcends DNA? What would that be? A soul from God? A bite from the tree of knowledge? Or just civilization? Because that's not a part of you- it's a cage you were raised in- your corner of the zoo.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What separates man from everything else - Speech

Two things ego and selfishness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join