It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Kali in Empire State Building, There is no evil illumanati conspiracy !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: maddy21

publically exporting your version of a religion.

Wait....Didn't you just do that?

nop, i was simply clarifying what the diety meant and it was nothing to do with End of the world nonsense. I would have clarified even if it was Jesus..

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well what are you going to do? It's what the religious do. They interpret everything through their own religious lens and then all fall over themselves to let you know about it. Is it annoying? Yes, but it's really not a behavior that can be corrected.

Why does this behavior need "corrected" in your eyes? Because it doesn't fit into science? Or professor Hawking didn't tell you in his robot voice that God is real.....Gotta be it

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

publically exporting your version of a religion.

Wait....Didn't you just do that?

nop, i was simply clarifying what the diety meant and it was nothing to do with End of the world nonsense. I would have clarified even if it was Jesus..

FYI, this mask is no deity...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Well what are you going to do? It's what the religious do. They interpret everything through their own religious lens and then all fall over themselves to let you know about it. Is it annoying? Yes, but it's really not a behavior that can be corrected.

It has to be at some point in time, Religion and spirituality should be a private affair

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

So this picture has caused a huge uproar among conspiracy theorists and Christians claiming this was a sign of the end times because Kali as they perceive is the "Goddess of Death" .

If that picture caused an uproar what this will do ? "Kali by Raja Ravi Varma"

Kali’s most common pose in paintings is in her most fearsome guise as the slayer of demons, where she stands or dances with one foot on a collapsed Shiva and holds a severed head. She wears a skirt of severed human arms, a necklace of decapitated heads, and earrings of dead children, and she often has a terrifying expression with a lolling tongue which drips blood.
Also their perception that she is the "Goddess of Death" is justified.

Kali is the Hindu goddess (or Devi) of death, time, and doomsday and is often associated with sexuality and violence but is also considered a strong mother-figure and symbolic of motherly-love. Kali also embodies shakti - feminine energy, creativity and fertility - and is an incarnation of Parvati, wife of the great Hindu god Shiva. She is most often represented in art as a fearful fighting figure with a necklace of heads, skirt of arms, lolling tongue, and brandishing a knife dripping with blood.

Source

Kali comes from Kala which means black, this represents her all embracing nature , similar to how all colors together becomes black..Her Nudity represents that she is immune to any artificial covering or identity as per say. Completely transparent. She is fearful to those who have an ego, because she destroys the ego and the evil within the person.

Depends which version of Kali you read. One of those is the following.

Kali’s name derives from the Sanskrit meaning ‘she who is black’ or ‘she who is death’, but she is also known as Chaturbhuja Kali, Chinnamastā, or Kaushika. As an embodiment of time Kali devours all things, she is irresistibly attractive to mortals and gods, and can also represent (particularly in later traditions) the benevolence of a mother goddess.

Personally i like the modern look of kalis face and i do not have a problem with the artistic display, but, in my opinion they could have chosen something different, if they wanted to transmit an angry mother-nature message.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It has to be at some point in time, Religion and spirituality should be a private affair

Isn't it? I am not trying to convert Krazy here....Just my opinion/beliefs, which are private to me....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Muslims don't need to misrepresent Jesus. Jesus exists in the Muslim religion. His name is called Isa.

I am giving an example..

So that makes it ok to misrepresent the Muslim religion? I mean here you are chastising others for misrepresenting the Hindu religion and you are trying to hand wave away you misrepresenting the Muslim religion because you are only "giving an example".

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

So this picture has caused a huge uproar among conspiracy theorists and Christians claiming this was a sign of the end times because Kali as they perceive is the "Goddess of Death" .

If that picture caused an uproar what this will do ? "Kali by Raja Ravi Varma"

Kali’s most common pose in paintings is in her most fearsome guise as the slayer of demons, where she stands or dances with one foot on a collapsed Shiva and holds a severed head. She wears a skirt of severed human arms, a necklace of decapitated heads, and earrings of dead children, and she often has a terrifying expression with a lolling tongue which drips blood.
Also their perception that she is the "Goddess of Death" is justified.

Kali is the Hindu goddess (or Devi) of death, time, and doomsday and is often associated with sexuality and violence but is also considered a strong mother-figure and symbolic of motherly-love. Kali also embodies shakti - feminine energy, creativity and fertility - and is an incarnation of Parvati, wife of the great Hindu god Shiva. She is most often represented in art as a fearful fighting figure with a necklace of heads, skirt of arms, lolling tongue, and brandishing a knife dripping with blood.

Source

Kali comes from Kala which means black, this represents her all embracing nature , similar to how all colors together becomes black..Her Nudity represents that she is immune to any artificial covering or identity as per say. Completely transparent. She is fearful to those who have an ego, because she destroys the ego and the evil within the person.

Depends which version of Kali you read. One of those is the following.

Kali’s name derives from the Sanskrit meaning ‘she who is black’ or ‘she who is death’, but she is also known as Chaturbhuja Kali, Chinnamastā, or Kaushika. As an embodiment of time Kali devours all things, she is irresistibly attractive to mortals and gods, and can also represent (particularly in later traditions) the benevolence of a mother goddess.

Personally i like the modern look of kalis face and i do not have a problem with the artistic display, but, in my opinion they could have chosen something different, if they wanted to transmit an angry mother-nature message.

Peace

So wait let me get this straight....You guys believe in a chick with 4 arms slaying everything in her path? I am just trying to come to grips with this nonsense!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Muslims don't need to misrepresent Jesus. Jesus exists in the Muslim religion. His name is called Isa.

I am giving an example..

So that makes it ok to misrepresent the Muslim religion? I mean here you are chastising others for misrepresenting the Hindu religion and you are trying to hand wave away you misrepresenting the Muslim religion because you are only "giving an example".

Well said!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

The whole " Goddess of death " thing is a common misrepresentation primarily because one understands only half of it and the pictorial representation isn't the most benevolent one. Problem is the entire picture of Kali is complicated as hell for anyone to understand. That goes with most of the gods in Hinduism.Kali is female form of Shiva, or the wife of Shiva, she is also a reincarnation of Vishnu and also are converted into 10 different female deities..etc...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Seed76

The whole " Goddess of death " thing is a common misrepresentation primarily because one understands only half of it and the pictorial representation isn't the most benevolent one. Problem is the entire picture of Kali is complicated as hell for anyone to understand. That goes with most of the gods in Hinduism.Kali is female form of Shiva, or the wife of Shiva, she is also a reincarnation of Vishnu and also are converted into 10 different female deities..etc...

Uh huh.....

Either no or a mask....Not sure just yet
edit on 8/11/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

ETA: Do you seriously believe what you just said above?????????? 100% serious here

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

*facepalm*. I am an atheist i am not supporting or promoting Hinduism neither blaming Islam i am giving an example. Just use it as an example. IF u have issues with me using Islam as example, lets use "religion of flying ponies"

I don't know why this thread has angered so many people...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Belief ? i don't believe in anything i am an atheist i am just pointing out Hinduism is complicated

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Why does this behavior need "corrected" in your eyes? Because it doesn't fit into science? Or professor Hawking didn't tell you in his robot voice that God is real.....Gotta be it

Because being annoying is generally considered a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I am annoying to you? Right back at ya homes! Science proved you are annoying....Prove I am

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Belief ? i don't believe in anything i am an atheist i am just pointing out Hinduism is complicated

Then stop spouting religious crap you don't even know about! You are spouting nonsense about multiple religions over and over here....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

*facepalm*. I am an atheist i am not supporting or promoting Hinduism neither blaming Islam i am giving an example. Just use it as an example. IF u have issues with me using Islam as example, lets use "religion of flying ponies"

I don't know why this thread has angered so many people...

I'm not angry. In fact I'm 100% calm about this whole matter. I'm just analyzing the situation and your words and asking questions or offering my view about things. I've been trying my best to convey a neutral tone to my posts. Trust me, I can be a LOT more confrontational than I'm being right now.

I also never suggested that you are supporting or promoting Hinduism or blaming Islam. That's putting words in my mouth. I'm just remarking how you are getting mad at Christians for interpreting Kali in what you view is the incorrect way then make a statement about a Muslim purposely misinterpreting Jesus and then I correct you by saying that a Muslim would have no reason to misinterpret Jesus since a Muslim would likely believe in him as well.

I mean it's really the same thing, except in this case it is a misinformed atheist speaking about the Muslim religion instead of a misinformed Christian speaking about the Hindu religion.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Then stop spouting religious crap you don't even know about! You are spouting nonsense about multiple religions over and over here....

Calm down and take a cold bath, either make a proper argument or don't reply.. I seem to have annoyed way to many religious people

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Calm down and take a cold bath, either make a proper argument or don't reply.. I seem to have annoyed way to many religious people

Oh this is me calm....Ask Krazy! He said it above though...Nothing more need said by me...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I am annoying to you? Right back at ya homes! Science proved you are annoying....Prove I am

Only when you are proselytizing which was the behavior we were talking about correcting. Remember?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join