It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to arm Iraq with advanced weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Iran and Iraq signed a deal by which Iran promises Iraq to arm it with the most advanced arms it produces .

Head of Iraqi parliament's "national security committee" - Hakem al-zamely - announced the news in a televised interview .

Iran will provide them with the lowest prices possible and will not take any interest fee due to Iraq's current status of war with ISIS .

[Iran has spent billions of dollars arming Iraqi and Syrian armies in their fight against ISIS]

persian source : Iran to arm Iraq

some of the speculated deliveries are :

1- Shahed 129 MALE UCAV :

S-129 is capable of 24h long surveillance and can also provide combat coverage with it's 4 missile-strong payload

2- Bina missile for Iraqi Su-25s

Iran gave 5 of it's Su-25s to Iraq for free as the country is battling ISIS . Su-25 is a ground attack plane best suited in combating insurgency

Now armed with Bina - fitted with SAL or Semi-active laser seeker - it can bring hell on earth for them terrorists

it features a one meter accuracy

3- Dehlavieh Advanced ATGM :

theoretically , capable of taking out any Tank that is in service today around the world , although its not battle tested (yet) .

taking out ISIS vehicles on the other hand , would be like a piece of cake for this baby

4- Fateh 5.56 NATO Assault rifle

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I am a little confused , your link says daeshnews .com but is not daesh another term for isis .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

My My! isn't ISIS doing a world of good for the arms manufacturers.

I am not surprised Iran is arming Iraq against ISIS because of the atrocities ISIS is carrying out against the people there that it decides need killing - according to our media.

I can't help feeling though this is purely a western manufactured mob for various nefarious reasons, regardless of the slaughter ISIS carries out. There is a danger though in that it could ultimately backfire (if its correct) and unite Sunni and Shia, which is something Western power brokers wouldn't like, unless they want all out war and a huge culling of the human population. Just wondering what the end game actually is here?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I am a little confused , your link says daeshnews .com but is not daesh another term for isis .
Yes , Daesh-news.com is a private Iranian newsnetwork which was established after the ISIS started it's work .

It provides real-time news regarding daesh (ISIS) to it's Iranian audience .

they hate ISIS a little too much , but that has not stopped them from being a reliable source on the terrorist group .

but then again , you cannot hate ISIS less than they do

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I kind of thought that might be the case but had to ask .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

My My! isn't ISIS doing a world of good for the arms manufacturers.

I am not surprised Iran is arming Iraq against ISIS because of the atrocities ISIS is carrying out against the people there that it decides need killing - according to our media.

I can't help feeling though this is purely a western manufactured mob for various nefarious reasons, regardless of the slaughter ISIS carries out. There is a danger though in that it could ultimately backfire (if its correct) and unite Sunni and Shia, which is something Western power brokers wouldn't like, unless they want all out war and a huge culling of the human population. Just wondering what the end game actually is here?

I really hope thats the case . Sunni - shia sectarianism has unfortunately changed the image of Islam as a peace-seeking religion to a violent one .

which is truly wrong . this group has nothing to do with Islam whatsoever .

honestly , for now , the only card i can play for now against Islam haters , is the percentage of these terrorists in comparison to ordinary civilian muslims . 0.001 % Vs. 99.999 % is a good estimation .

it's getting tougher day by day .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Arming a populace who refuses to fight, just means the special weapons end up in the hands of the conquers. You want to help send troops not weapons.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
most advanced? some catching up to do me thinks, hey!! i have a catapult

NvM

CbG

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Arming a populace who refuses to fight, just means the special weapons end up in the hands of the conquers. You want to help send troops not weapons.
Well bro , i'm afraid thats not the case nowadays .

it's true that Iraqi army backed off in 2 of it's battles : 1- battle of mousil and 2- battle of al-anbar

but the truth is that they are fighting tooth and nail for their country and a couple of incidence in regards to several corrupt army generals cannot change this fact .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
US: "Hey Iran we will give you the Nuke deal but..... We need you to jump in on our proxy war , ISIS seems to be a little out of control these days , Saudi is getting a little nervous."

Iran: " ... What about Israel ?.... No No forget Israel , We will just support Assad now ...hmmm yesss yesss good deal ! "

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
US: "Hey Iran we will give you the Nuke deal but..... We need you to jump in on our proxy war , ISIS seems to be a little out of control these days , Saudi is getting a little nervous."

Iran: "Ok! No problem ... What about Israel ?'"

Funny fact :

Iran's arms embargo will continue for 5 years with one exception : Iran can arm the living crap out of Iraq .

sanctions have previously been a headache for Iran in regards to exporting arms to Iraqi army .

all of the deliveries were free and - of course - secret . Iran spent several billion dollars this way .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: Kapusta

Iran: "Ok! No problem ... What about Israel ?'"

Funny fact :

Iran's arms embargo will continue for 5 years with one exception : Iran can arm the living crap out of Iraq .

sanctions have previously been a headache for Iran in regards to exporting arms to Iraqi army .

all of the deliveries were free and - of course - secret . Iran spent several billion dollars this way .

that's fine Most of ISIS is SUNNIE , So why not let the Shia wipe them out ? My only problem is I dont trust Iran militia to not harm sunnie civilians .

I bet ASSAD is breathing a sigh of relief now .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

They probably would like to but lets be fair,saudi arabia , Isreal and the USA would have a fit.
edit on 11-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

bout time someone armed these nations that have been bombed back to the stone age by israyhell via their vassal state, the US.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

"You want to help send troops not weapons."

NO...NO...NO....this approach has already been tried...and failed miserably, as evidenced by the total nightmare that Iraq has become. I believe it was Einstein that said that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. US intervention has murdered more than 1.3 MILLION innocent people and destroyed one of the most advanced of the Arab nations...5 MILLION homeless. If you include the crushing sanctions before Iraq's destruction, that number is well over 2 million...an estimated 500,000 which were children.

I think the US has done quite enough.

top topics

join