It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not Trump?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
People like Trump because he is not afraid to say things they would like to say themselves.

The American people are tired of the politically-correct, globalist RINO bullcrap.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Trump isn't just a "ringer" that jumped into the race to insure the Dems win in 2016.

Other than that, I'll take the guy's frankness and the fact that he's not a politician over any of the other Republican candidates any day.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What will be interesting is to see what happens if Hillary actually does get pulled down. If she goes down, then what happens with The Donald? If he's a Clinton plant and Hillary goes, his reason for being is gone.

Honestly, Trump is tapping the anger in the nation. There are a lot of people who feel like they aren't represented in any real way in DC, and he's successfully tapping that frustration and riding it. Bernie is doing the same on the other side.

My problem with both is that neither one actually has solid ideas to fix the country in any meaningful way. If they do, I haven't really heard them. Bernie is a same old rehash of tax and spend with hate the rich thrown in which appeals enormously to the left, and Donald sounds like the angry Internet comments section of many right wing sites - he's expressing the anger we feel, but without any real ideas. Same with Bernie.

They are reflection of the times and the division in this country. How far down those paths do we actually want to walk?

And no, I am not suggesting an establishment candidate who talks about bipartisanship either. Those are the ones who led us to this mess.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
"Why not Trump?"
Well, let's start with character....habitual cheating is an indication of a character flaw ---see Bill Clinton
Secondly, the President must be SLOW to anger and QUICK to reason....Trump is the other way around.
This is just my .2c for what it's worth...
-Christosterone

Habitual cheating in an open relationship (stories have come out from Hillary sleeping around too) isn't really cheating. Considering Bill and Hillary were both fine with it, who cares? It's not like Trump who went with the defense of "I'm not guilty because you can't rape your wife".

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I too like the fact that Trump will say anything. He doesn't care and nobody is going to stop him. He's not PC.

However, do we want a guy like this representing the US?...He's a little immature and insensitive. He would be horrible at international negotiations and treaties. If he would have been present during the Cold war, we would have had nuclear war. Just think about that for a minute. A true leader knows that you have to talk to people, like real people. You have to come from a place of humility not super ego. He's not the right guy.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The solution to a Crony Capitalist Government is not a Crony Capitalist.
The Solution to an Oligarch Run Government is not an Oligarch.

We do not need Royalty like Trump or another Bush Clinton.

How come it is so hard to find a successful working class person or small town business owner to run?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I too like the fact that Trump will say anything. He doesn't care and nobody is going to stop him. He's not PC.

However, do we want a guy like this representing the US?...He's a little immature and insensitive. He would be horrible at international negotiations and treaties. If he would have been present during the Cold war, we would have had nuclear war. Just think about that for a minute. A true leader knows that you have to talk to people, like real people. You have to come from a place of humility not super ego. He's not the right guy.

I can get past Trumps brash nature, he can always have cabinet members who are more diplomatic handle the real negotiations.

What I can't get past is that he doesn't have any real plans, and has essentially admitted he's as corrupt as they come because money talks.

originally posted by: jacobe001
How come it is so hard to find a successful working class person or small town business owner to run?

Very. Would they even make a good president? Knowing how to run a small town business is a completely different world from negotiating foreign and economic policy.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Still haven't figured him out yet. Says what many Americans want to hear. Is he a real contender a spoiler a buffoon or just all talk.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
Still haven't figured him out yet. Says what many Americans want to hear. Is he a real contender a spoiler a buffoon or just all talk.

Logically, I think he takes votes away from the Republican side and makes it easier for a democrat to win...then I think unless we all unite to find a better candidate and support them, Hillary has a huge advantage if Trump runs.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a year+ away and we already are having this debate. So, why not Trump? I welcome all debates, but if your selected candidate is a bought politician keep in mind I'll keep that in mind.

This thread is to go ahead and demoniz trump, and I mean hard!

Remember other candidates will for sure be included here

not long ago, there was another leader that was so egotistical that he never thought he was wrong, and that ended up in creating WW2

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

He's a buffoon. Most of his support comes from people who are following him essentially for the lulz, they want to watch him troll the entire process because people have lost faith in the system.

As far as electability goes, I just don't think he has it. When it comes down to people being more serious about a vote they're not going to elect the clown but rather the person who takes the process and the job seriously.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

a year+ away and we already are having this debate. So, why not Trump? I welcome all debates, but if your selected candidate is a bought politician keep in mind I'll keep that in mind.

This thread is to go ahead and demoniz trump, and I mean hard!

Remember other candidates will for sure be included here

not long ago, there was another leader that was so egotistical that he never thought he was wrong, and that ended up in creating WW2

You seriously did not just compare Trump to Hitler, wow.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

He's a buffoon. Most of his support comes from people who are following him essentially for the lulz, they want to watch him troll the entire process because people have lost faith in the system.

As far as electability goes, I just don't think he has it. When it comes down to people being more serious about a vote they're not going to elect the clown but rather the person who takes the process and the job seriously.

People like to call him a buffoon, idiot, moron, but the reality is he isn't any of those.

The election is a long ways away, I would expect his political game to step up more and more as time goes on. That is if he really is running with intent to win and not hand Hillary the election.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Logically, I think he takes votes away from the Republican side and makes it easier for a democrat to win...then I think unless we all unite to find a better candidate and support them, Hillary has a huge advantage if Trump runs.

If the GOP dont bring a candidate to the table that stands up why vote for them any how. The ones with guts and brains seem to be not electable. Then we got Bush Aka Obama lite Cristy bigger risk than trump.

I Think Trump Could beat Hillary .

Hillary is killing herself Sanders is going to get the nomination unless Hillary has a dirty trick up her sleeve. If it was sanders vs bush im not voting thats where i put bush.

Whos better ?

Carson is very good but I dont know if hes electable .
Carly good but the hp job is exploitable to dnc
Paul not going to make it
Cruz no sure
Huckabe wont make it
Walker ?
Rubio dont like his record on issues

We dont need any more democrat lite candidates last 2 were McCain and Romney . Send another 1 and Hillary or Most likely Sanders will win.

What resonates with voters Trump is not PC were sick of that bovine bio waste and sick of open boarders sick of jobs getting shipped off. He addresses that the others want to beat him follow what voters want not DC elites want.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

What resonates with voters Trump is not PC were sick of that bovine bio waste and sick of open boarders sick of jobs getting shipped off. He addresses that the others want to beat him follow what voters want not DC elites want.

Maybe Trump should prove he'll fix the problem by removing illegals from his companies? He's one of the largest employers of illegals in the US.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

He's a buffoon. Most of his support comes from people who are following him essentially for the lulz, they want to watch him troll the entire process because people have lost faith in the system. As far as electability goes, I just don't think he has it. When it comes down to people being more serious about a vote they're not going to elect the clown but rather the person who takes the process and the job seriously.

Whats giving him any credibility is he is listening to voters and poles. American voters like his message . If they want to beat him they better start listening to voters instead of the GOP power brokers. Trump doesn't have to bow to them to get donations he can speak his mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

That is the first I heard he was hiring illegal immigrants . If true hes just like the rest laws for me and you and laws for them.

Didnt Romney also have a illegal immigrants ? And Huma Hillary s side kick.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

When has leading by example in cut-throat Corporate America ever worked? Remember what happened to the guy that decided to pay all employees 70k a year?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've never starred six comments in a row until this thread.
I like watching Trump troll the process, yes. And the thing he said about the other candidates being puppets for Koch Bros...
Of course the comments above about nuclear war and Nazi leader have valid points!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

When has leading by example in cut-throat Corporate America ever worked? Remember what happened to the guy that decided to pay all employees 70k a year?

That guys story has yet to play out but from what I remember, he lost two employees who were upset others got raises, and they got smaller ones (despite being the highest paid people at the company post raises), and his brother is suing him over lost business when all indications are he got a lot of new business out of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That is the first I heard he was hiring illegal immigrants . If true hes just like the rest laws for me and you and laws for them.

Didnt Romney also have a illegal immigrants ? And Huma Hillary s side kick.

Google Trump hiring illegals, you'll get plenty of stories. He uses them for the cleaning crews in his hotels and he uses them for construction.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join