It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not Trump?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Because this isn't Idiocracy.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Any natural born american citizen over the age of 35 is qualified to be President. So why not Trump? We just elected a guy twice whose greatest professional accomplishment was being President of a student journal and an adjunct law instructor.

Because the USA needs LESS crony Capitalism not more ?

~You really think hes in it for the average American? Or the average small business?

I doubt your "free" market will get any freer under him.
edit on 11-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Trump isn't angry enough. That's why. He may have said things no one else would say because they aren't billionaires who can't be ruined by the elite for saying it but at the end of the day he doesn't care that much. He already has private planes, helicopters, golf courses and he owns luxury penthouses. He says what is wrong but he doesn't know what is wrong from experience and if nothing changes he is still good. We do need a fighter like Trump but someone who truly understands and has lived our situation. It's also very possible Trump might just be mocking us.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Any natural born american citizen over the age of 35 is qualified to be President. So why not Trump? We just elected a guy twice whose greatest professional accomplishment was being President of a student journal and an adjunct law instructor.

Being a Senator isn't a great professional accomplishment?
edit on 11-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I feel like this is a troll thread and nothing productive will occur in it. I'm not going to bite.

That doesn't appear to be an accurate statement. Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Anyway the real deal is going to be a poor guy the elite has stepped on all his life, probably a veteran and who has the charisma of Trump and Obama combined. It is sure to happen eventually and if the uniparty continue to win without even the illusion of something different the sooner it will happen. Considering that I hope Trump loses, we don't need more false hope and change.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Being a Senator isn't a great professional accomplishment?

Considering he barely served as a Senator before deciding to run for President doesn't leave much of a Senate record to evaluate. Of course, we won't even get into how he won that Senate seat...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Because Trump is running a "bumper sticker" campaign.

It's all slogans and media hype with no substance.

_fix the border - build a wall - make Mexico pay for it - How? ..... crickets......
_fix the economy - fight hard against China - fight hard against Japan - What does that mean?.... crickets....

He's been rich his entire life. He's played the political game his entire life. He is a part of the problem we as a country face today. He's running as a Republican, not to win the presidency, but to ensure Clinton wins the presidency. Trump has no desire to take a pay cut and doesn't need to lose four years away from his companies. He'll run this charade (no actual campaigning) until the election is over and then the Clintons will pay him off.

Ben Carson is really the only hope for America at this point. However, he has no chance of winning the nomination or the election.

We as a nation will continue to decline until we eventually collapse. Prepare or don't, it won't really matter in the end.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So you don't consider just being elected to a Senatorial position to be a great professional accomplishment?
edit on 11-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200PlusBen Carson is really the only hope for America at this point. However, he has no chance of winning the nomination or the election.

I like Carson and he seems to be having a good time running but he is not even close to being angry enough to win. Trump became the front runner because he said something that addressed peoples concerns and being Trump he couldn't back down from it. Imagine if you had someone who actually was angry about illegal immigration, NAFTA, jobs replaced and outsourced, the foreign wars where big oil wins but America gains nothing and everything else that the government has done in the past few decades.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As a whole, being elected to office is an accomplishment. However, you also have to consider the circumstances in which one is elected. Congress and the Senate are littered with certifiable idiots. Many of which are elected through gerrymandering, uneducated electorates, and by other nefarious means. Obama won the senate seat because jack Ryan's sealed divorce records were leaked.

The point I was making is that Obama was basically a nobody and despite having no real record still managed to get himself elected twice. If this man can get elected, then Trump most certainly can.

He had no real professional accomplishments. NONE. Heck, my resume is stronger than Obama's. No one really knew anything about him and still don't to this day. I always point out that he was President of Harvard Law Review which is prestigious, however, he has no published writings which is unheard of. Any law student who makes law review even at a third tier law school is going to have some published writing on a variety of topics, so to be on law review at Harvard and there to be no record of your published writings is just plain suspicious. He wasn't an actual professor at UofC. Again, all real professors have some published writings. Remember the code of academia - Publish or Perish.

Obama was the right place and right time. Even Hillary was like WTF? when he started running for President. Remember, it as Hillary who started the whole birther movement. Then you had a complicit media afraid to even question Obama or do any kind of digging.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If Trump really wants it I think he can get it but I'm still not sold on the Donald yet. I'm a massive fan but not sold on him yet. He is a very wealthy and successful man and for that reason I believe he has too much to lose to want to risk it.

JFK had tons of wealth to back him up and if you count his family money was the wealthiest President in US history and we all know how that turned out. I think the guy or girl who brings real change if it happens at all will be a battle hardened vet with a silver tongue who has nothing to lose. Probably years from now if the downward spiral continues.
edit on 11-8-2015 by TonySarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Trump seems to be a pragmatist. He certainly says things unfiltered that people are thinking which is why he is gaining in popularity. He isn't afraid to stand up to the media either. There are some things he will probably be very liberal on and others he will be conservative.

Many people are tired of the double talk. While I don't like Bernie Sanders, I at least can respect the man for stating his positions in plain english much like how I like Trump just stating the obvious.

I want a candidate who understands the free market, is willing to challenge the regulatory bureaucracy, will lower taxes across the board, will secure our borders, and will negotiate fair trade deals to help keep jobs in this country where possible. I also want someone who will fight wars to win. If we are going to go to war, we need to go to win. I don't want to go to war, but if we are put into a conflict, I don't want to show any mercy. I want it fought and done. None of this fighting with kid gloves on for 15 years. Unleash our troops to win.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonySarc
If Trump really wants it I think he can get it but I'm still not sold on the Donald yet. I'm a massive fan but not sold on him yet. He is a very wealthy and successful man and for that reason I believe he has too much to lose to want to risk it.

JFK had tons of wealth to back him up and if you count his family money was the wealthiest President in US history and we all know how that turned out. I think the guy or girl who brings real change if it happens at all will be a battle hardened vet with a silver tongue who has nothing to lose. Probably years from now if the downward spiral continues.

Tom Cotton?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Tom Cotton?

Hard to say as I don't know anything about the man but since we are talking about the future anything is possible. I should probably stop making predictions or make so many of them at least one will come true. Back in 2007 I don't think many saw Obama becoming President. I didn't.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Say the US public go full retard and elect him then what?

First he has to get through the electral college.

If he does that he will be stuck with a congress that universally hates him left and right.

Then what? How will he get any of his insane ramblings done if everything is blocked?

Executive orders? Great you have a dictatorship!

Of course your supreme court should step in right and declare those orders illegal

So again you end up with a useless lame duck president.....

edit on 11-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Because Trump doesn't have the vision nor a solid plan for what ails this country.

....but but.....he says stuff!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Why Trump when theres options like....

Rand Paul

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why Trump? Transparency. With every other candidate you don't know who has bought them and what their true intentions will be.

a reply to: Parthin96
Diplomacy is a simple tactic, one I'm sure he knows very well.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire
and the rest of the field is full of harvard scholars?

a reply to: crazyewok
if it's going to happen regardless wouldn't knowing directly what corporation you were "choosing" to vote for be just a tad bit better than hoping a politician will finally be not corrupt?

a reply to: Krazysh0t
but you did! sorry I ended up going to sleep shortly after making the thread, but it definitely was not intended as a troll thread.

a reply to: snypwsd

And he will not likely get the democrat nomination. Will he run then as independent or do we just all pencil him in?

a reply to: usernameconspiracy
are you sure

a reply to: crazyewok

And with anyone else we get less?

a reply to: 200Plus
What is the difference between his campaign and anyone else? Oh yea, we know who bought Trump, no one.

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Rand is a joke. You want to talk about someone who's career is based solely on his dad's career, he's your guy. At least Trump took his inheritance and created an empire.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
"Why not Trump?"
Well, let's start with character....habitual cheating is an indication of a character flaw ---see Bill Clinton
Secondly, the President must be SLOW to anger and QUICK to reason....Trump is the other way around.
This is just my .2c for what it's worth...
-Christosterone

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join