It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Heterosexual Experiment. Ingrained Bias Or Social Conditioning?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Try not to take it personally, I did say I'm trying... though sometimes I wonder why.

You do realize that HETEROsexual means STRAIGHT, right?

Anything that is prefixed with "hetero" means mixed or unalike.

Homo meaning the same....

These are very common prefixes and if you're as old as you claim to be then you really have no excuse not knowing this if English is your first language.

Anyways, my 2 cents on the video.... I think it does most to back up what a lot of people perpetuate in our society already:

That people who are against homosexuality are rarely considered intelligent folk, and that's not as baseless as you might try to convince yourself.

And more towards the point of bias for the sake of this particular thread... well just look at where all the stars are being thrown at here. The "I'm repulsed" statement from someone who doesn't even understand the very basic point of the video that was fully explained in the first 15 seconds. "People are dumb" is the general assertion, and it's clearly not far from the truth. People become comfortable with their idiotic tropes and are eager to turn their brains off and pretend that they have an "opinion", when all they really have are empty words and a long history of embarrassing themselves by opening their mouths.

I mean, just look at this angry Nazi guy in the video. His solution is to napalm "the gays" and "the poor" (Ironically wearing a suit 2 sizes too big for him which looks like something that sat on the rack of Value Village for 5 years). I wonder if he actually thinks that's a solution? Like in his mind he thinks "SURELY THEY WILL NEVER COME BACK. PROBLEM SOLVED." Being a nazi is the least of this guy's problems; the guy is an absolute moron at best. Bias and intellectual laziness can only be responsible for so much; at some point you just have to admit that there are extremely stupid people out there.
edit on 11-8-2015 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: Hefficide
Hello again ATS!

Question: Do you think that bias and bigotry are so fully entrenched in the American psyche that people engage in it without thought or even being aware of it?

Thanks for reading!

Maybe there is some truth to what other ATSers are saying about it being a natural response... or it could be something indoctrinated into our society from churches. After all, little kids have been shown to not care whether someone is a homosexual or a heterosexual. That shows some evidence of indoctrination later on.

Little kids are also not sexually mature, so why would they care?

Reproduction is something that only matters and only starts mattering to someone when those hormones and that side of your biology kicks in.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And that behavior is often dominance and hierarchy linked when displayed in animals; the giraffes do not actually think they are pair bonding which is what homosexual behavior in humans is supposed to be about.

As for why ... In survival terms, if a group tolerates mating and pair bonding behaviors that do not lead to the increase and long-term stability of the group on wide basis, it leads to group extinction because there will be no increase of the group. That is speaking in biological terms.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
I think that this experiment fully shows a problem that we, as a society, should be aware of. People who seem to be conditioned into regurgitating talking points based solely upon the sound of a word.

This is a very dangerous thing and we should be conscious of the fact that it exists.

Exactly. Too many people have given up independent thought and replaced it with spouting talking points they've heard from the media on "their side". It's like a trigger word (sexuality) sends them into a "mode" of regurgitation. They haven't put any thought into their position, they just know what their side tells them to think, and so they regurgitate it.

I am continually amazed at the people on this site who say they're white, Christian males, and therefore not protected by any of the civil rights acts... They're not in a "protected group"... Even though race, religion and gender are protected! They don't THINK. They think "race, religion and gender" means "non-white, non-Christian and female". It's so sad! And they shame others for being in a "protected group"!

People are so caught up in being on "their side", cleaving to their team, that they have lost the ability of independent thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

But the fact that he was able to get these responses from so many at all is shocking enough, regardless of how many people he had to ask in any given day.

These people are so incredibly ignorant, and I'm afraid that while you might find the same in any country, you probably won't find this insane level of ignorance.

The vast majority of people in the UK would correct him and ask what he meant by the question, they would not be ignorant enough to confuse Heterosexual with Homosexual. And I actually believe that the responses would be more liberal too.

Like it or not, these videos clearly show the low IQ's of the average American public. You would not get the same level of idiocy in most other countries.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: Hefficide

Well, biology states the hetero way is the only way for mankind to continue on, so it's not too crazy to think we're conditioned to react in a way... I don't think its american psyche or anything like that.. i think its our biological makeup

Well, biology also states that homosexuality isn't dangerous to us as a species, as it is still around even though it had hundreds and thousands of years to get 'eradicated' by evolution. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

'Hefficide', you've been truly done on this video!

The guy asking the question is actually asking those guys 'Would they be happy with a Homosexual as Prseident'?

If you look closely you can see his lips and then their is a voiceover just when he says that word to make it look like he said 'heterosexual'.

It's plain and obvious that this video has been produced to provoke people just like it did you.

You've been had and most everyone else has who watched it.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

You do realize that HETEROsexual means STRAIGHT, right?

I don't think there's a single member of ATS who doesn't know the difference between a heterosexual and a homosexual.

Its practically a requirement for membership.

edit on 11-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

'Hefficide', you've been truly done on this video!

The guy asking the question is actually asking those guys 'Would they be happy with a Homosexual as Prseident'?

If you look closely you can see his lips and then their is a voiceover just when he says that word to make it look like he said 'heterosexual'.

It's plain and obvious that this video has been produced to provoke people just like it did you.

You've been had and most everyone else has who watched it.

I just watched it again and I think you're right.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Looks like the video is phony.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Well, biology states the hetero way is the only way for mankind to continue on, so it's not too crazy to think we're conditioned to react in a way... I don't think its american psyche or anything like that.. i think its our biological makeup

Well, biology also states that homosexuality isn't dangerous to us as a species, as it is still around even though it had hundreds and thousands of years to get 'eradicated' by evolution. Just saying.

I didn't say it's dangerous, but it's fact that if everyone was homosexual we wouldn't have a species to move forward... Heterosexual is a necessary component for mankind to continue, while homosexuality is not..

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Nope. He clearly says "heterosexual". You can see it clearly on the second person he interviews. The sound is a little off on some of the interviews, so makes it hard to tell, but it's clear he doesn't close his lips as he would have to to say "homosexual"...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

Your saving grace is that you are 'still trying' But please try to use a bit of diplomacy or tact.
You could have said something like 'But I'm still not comfortable with it'

I think you know what you can do with your political correctness.

Eggshells hurt my feet.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I didn't say it's dangerous, but it's fact that if everyone was homosexual we wouldn't have a species to move forward... Heterosexual is a necessary component for mankind to continue, while homosexuality is not..

No one is suggesting that we all become homosexual, so that argument is moot.

And actually, heterosexuality is NOT necessary for the species to continue. Homosexuals can (and do) still breed with the opposite sex. Many do, in fact. Many homosexuals have their own biological children. Their parts work just the same as heterosexual parts do.

But that's not really the point of the video at all. You said it in your other post. People are so conditioned to react.

... we're conditioned to react in a way... i think its our biological makeup

Conditioning isn't biological. Biology actually LIMITS conditioning. Biological Influence on Conditioning

These people are conditioned all right. When "----sexuality" is mentioned, they think of homosexuality, without even considering what word was said or considering that straight people are also defined as "----sexuals".

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, going off the OP's original message and title, I don't believe it's ingrained bias or social conditioning... I believe it's biological, like i stated. Of course homosexuals can have children, but that's not the point I'm getting at, but two males and two females cannot have babies without some medical intervention or help from an outside party. It's science, its fact, two guys can't have sex with each other and have a baby, just like two females can't have sex with each other and have a baby.. I really dont want to get into a semantics discussion, but I believe my point still stands..

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

two males and two females cannot have babies without some medical intervention or help from an outside party.

Duh! We all know that. It's just a diversion from the topic. Lots of couples can't have babies without some medical intervention or help from an outside party.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

two males and two females cannot have babies without some medical intervention or help from an outside party.

Duh! We all know that. It's just a diversion from the topic. Lots of couples can't have babies without some medical intervention or help from an outside party.

Yes, lots can't, but many can, but ZERO % of homosexuals can, without intervention... Okay, we are going back and forth about nothing... I like you bud, have a good day

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Well, to be more accurate, Homosexuals can, we have all the same reproductive systems as a Heterosexual. if you are talking with each other, than yeah we couldn't together, but we can still reproduce

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: OpenEars123

Your saving grace is that you are 'still trying' But please try to use a bit of diplomacy or tact.
You could have said something like 'But I'm still not comfortable with it'

I think you know what you can do with your political correctness.

Eggshells hurt my feet.

Nothing to do with political correctness. nvm
edit on 11/8/15 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Watch the 3rd one again... its clear!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join