It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Releases Her Plan for Student Loan Reform

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I consider Technical Writing a core class for an Engineer. I don't consider Romance Languages, Renaissance Art Appreciation and Studies in Classical Music, all of which I had to take, as core classes. The University that I attended didn't give you the option of choosing your electives, you were assigned them. I didn't make too much of a fuss, at the time because my employer was paying for them. I did resent the WASTE of my time having to prepare for these classes, along with preparing for my core classes and working a full time job.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

But why must quality suffer just because the product is free. Either way the system is broken. What i really meant by my post was why not improve the quality of the education while also making it accessible to everyone. Or am i to ambitious in thinking that a system like that is even possible?
edit on 20-9-2015 by Enlil2215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enlil2215
a reply to: butcherguy

But why must quality suffer just because the product is free. Either way the system is broken. What i really meant by my post was why not improve the quality of the education while also making it accessible to everyone. Or am i to ambitious in thinking that a system like that is even possible?

And who pays for it?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No one needs to pay that is the point. We have the resources to be able to accomplish this so eceryone can get what they need, without having to use currency as a middle man.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The real problem is that the jobs aren't available once people graduate and it's time to begin the repayment.

Even if available, they simply don't pay at a rate that would allow repayment. Jobs requiring a 4 year degree that pay $35K a year. Seriously?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join