It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshals Raid Wrong Apartment, Force Mother and Children to Stand Outside Naked at Gunpoint

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Do you suggest they don't carry out those kinds of raids? I sort of think they need to, to do their jobs effectively. Many jobs have hazards. Do you work at a petrol dock in China? As seen today, can end up being a very dangerous job if someone makes a mistake. The issue with police is that people except them to be mistake free, so when they make a mistake, they are attacked by citizens viciously, called all sorts of names, and having terrible things wished upon them.

Police will make mistakes. If the raid is done correctly (and I think this one probably was), it's not the end of the world. When it goes wrong, obviously it's much worse. Does this happen all the time? Of course not. People here will say "Yes, happens all the time!" But considering how many raids they actually carry out, the % of wrong addresses or screw ups is probably quite low in reality.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Do you suggest they don't carry out those kinds of raids?

I do.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Do you suggest they don't carry out those kinds of raids? I sort of think they need to, to do their jobs effectively. Many jobs have hazards.

Those raids are not necessary in 99% of cases. You can watch an apartment, follow someone when they leave, and pick them up on the street in a much more tactically sound location.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So. Here is a scenario.
You and your family are asleep. The front door crashes in. Armed and masked men come in fast and loud. They aim their rifles at you and your children as they are crying and screaming while you are Put into hancuffs and taken outside with no clothes on. All the while they are wrecking your things inside, until...

OOHH NOOO!!! Wrong house!!

You are totally ok with this? And you just forgive and forget. Knowing it will happen to someone else next week.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I go to a new address every week and have been doing so for almost 10 years and not once have I EVER WORKED ON THE WRONG HOUSE!! At their level of supposed professionalism there needs to be almost zero tolerance for something so stupid as raiding the wrong house. This is far from a simple mistake and totally shows that they suffer from a lack qualified staff. This is a tactic that needs to change or people will continue to loose respect for the bacon boys.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join