It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshals Raid Wrong Apartment, Force Mother and Children to Stand Outside Naked at Gunpoint

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I'm sure that none of you who are unforgiving towards this mistake, have ever made a mistake themselves at work.

Mistakes happen. Demanding zero tollerance for simple mistakes is a good way to make sure nobody ever wants to be a LEO ever again.
I have zero tolerance for this type of mistake. I'm sure you would be cool with people pulling your naked family out of their beds in the middle of the night at gun point, but i'm not ok with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

So they can do the wrong thing and it all good because they don't get paid like brain surgeons..good reason for that.
These guys have guns and regularly use violence..how f'n hard is it to check the address of the door your about to kick in?..I guess checking is above their pay grade.

When I worked in manufacturing/fabrication there absolutly was a penalty for the job leaving the shop unchecked..there would be a list and specs needed to be checked..really simple.

edit on 10-8-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Medical procedures cost a lot more than executing a warrent.

Both can wind up with dead people if they are wrong.

If the public would like to chum up some more tax to make sure there are more supervisors and procedures being followed and pay LEO like a surgeon gets paid then I suppose you can draw that comparrison.

So people should get paid more to do their jobs right?

Sure. But more than that the process itself should cost more. It is not just the surgeon, it is the precision tools and room full of support that makes the procedure more like to go off without a hitch. Spend the money and you could see better results.

Off topic, but look at space travel. NASA vs Private sector. Which one is going to have more accidents due to human error? NASA costs 10 times the private sector and we are going to see why soon enough.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I would be happy to pay them more, but we can't because we pay out millions of dollars in lawsuits to cover their mistakes. If they actually made the streets safer, instead of harassing inocent folks, it would be worth it. I want my police to be well trained and educated. It was not the publics idea to hire illiterate officers who make stupid mistakes.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wrong Number? All too common, but thanks for the thread. F&S!
Wasn't naked for this trip to Birkenau-- but the exchange still sticks
out like a pimple on a prom queen.
If you are amused, my shift is complete.

I had a run through with my local PD some years back coming home
from a friend's place in my '80 Bird. It was midnite blue (kind of Kitt
SE) and some nice spongy billboard tires. Tuesday 2240, gooey
summer in IL.

Chugging up a main drag, I got a rack of cherries and as soon as I
stopped: "HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE'EM!" Hanging my bare arms out the
window, the blackshirt immediately shoved his Glock behind my ear.
I opened the door with my left hand.. walking outside the car literally '
over the barrel'. I know the drill... both sides.

Not just a backup, but what looked like the whole shift screamed
into a phalanx: like they just caught Gacy in the middle of bugging a
young one. Sorry to be so graphic, but I was a little confused here.

I also believe there were on duty badges wrestling with the same
condition, and they were packin' huge. Two of these guys could have
sawn the car in half without a reload. N/S.

Watch commander from one of the backups--"Is that a Firebird ?
"Ding, Lieutenant. An SE, but some got the plastic chickens on the
back too."
"Dammit. There's a stolen '78 Camaro charcoal grey on this side of town..."
long, embarrassed pause."Where you headed?"
Me thinking: Medium grey vs. midnight blue and a noticeably disparate
body style... hmmm. This is clinical PhD material now, I'll recuse myself.
However...

As if it was any of his business getting sidetracked busting my chops
instead of actually using their engines on this crusade against the Godless
GTA ridesnagger...
"Home until my gym shorts got this stain in back. Now I guess it's the
Convenie Weenie on the corner for some Glade and a few napkins."
I got back in and left, no apologies, nothing.
SOP even almost thirty years ago.

TWO blocks up the street at the all-night overpriced sanitary supplies
store-- I hop out with care, and three blocks north popping the stop sign:
a V6 holeshot with the Berlinetta and the Sara Lee pie plate torque
converter is--- you guessed it. The first hack would have collared
him/her if they knew what they were chasing.

After 1986 I really wonder if the rank and file actually DO know
sometimes.
These people are getting more dangerous than 19 year olds with tanks: but
that's another story concerning car compacting, and besides I wasn't
directly involved.

EDIT: 15 years later I opened the door to my apartment and got my right
nostril reamed... and the domestic in progress was the apartment ABOVE.
Deaf too.... but his heart was in the right place

edit on 10-8-2015 by derfreebie because: Ten deep breaths, count to one...

edit on 10-8-2015 by derfreebie because: To Swerve and Deflect

edit on 10-8-2015 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

like wow.... you still have that shovel in your hand? let it go.... u honestly commented on the wrong post and definitely in the wrong way. If u want to defend these pack of idiots just keep on digging I guess. yes we all make mistakes, but making ones of this caliber are not to be tolerated one bit. they are marshals for crying out loud! even a girl scout selling cookies door to door can read a f'in home number, specially when its right above the door peeper they are covering!! honestly this just seemed like a flag of some sort, way to many mistakes are being made by LEO nationwide. whether we have phones with cams and social media covering it more or easier now adays is not gona fly for me, this seems to be staged for something much bigger imo.... only time will tell right?

malbosia just like your name, u are pure fail like these marshals.... people like this are the reason this world gone to sheets (wrapped around women). Ok a lil pun intended

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Medical procedures cost a lot more than executing a warrent.

Both can wind up with dead people if they are wrong.

If the public would like to chum up some more tax to make sure there are more supervisors and procedures being followed and pay LEO like a surgeon gets paid then I suppose you can draw that comparrison.

So people should get paid more to do their jobs right?

Sure. But more than that the process itself should cost more. It is not just the surgeon, it is the precision tools and room full of support that makes the procedure more like to go off without a hitch. Spend the money and you could see better results.

You've been having a couple of drinks or something right? Because they already have the tools and the infrastructure in place. They simply choose not to use them properly or at all. This isn't some small town Maybury PD, it's a federal agency with vast resources at their disposal. What additional resources would have made it easier to read the apartment number on the door? All they would have had to do is put the strike team in place and then radio downstairs for verification of the appropriate house number and then visually confirm that they were at the correct address. It doesn't require additional tax dollars or more fancy militarized gadgets to learn how to read. It's a basic life skill that my 7 year old has mastered, I think a federal agent should be able to follow suit, no?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing

LOL,

Maybe a "dummy proof" checklist:

1) Verify correct person on warrant.... Check and sign-off
2) Verify correct address on warrant..... Check and sign-off
3) Verify address on door and or mailbox.... check and sign-off
4) Knock on door unless you really expect to get shot at by a very violent offender.... check.
5) Await response, knock again if needed.... check.
6) Upon someone answering the door, inform them you have a valid search warrant (Do not knock down door or throw flash-bangs unless under direct attack or rescuing hostages)... check.
7) If pets are present, allow owner to isolate pet and don't shoot it.... check.
8) If pets are isolated in a room that you later want to search, allow owner to get pet and put somewhere else, do not go into room you know the owner has put pet and shoot it.... check.
9) If owner put pet outside in fenced yard, don't be an ass and go into the back yard knowing pet is there and shoot it... check.

Etc.

I think everyone will understand it.

edit on 10-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

No wai dood! now u are asking to much... lolz.
ya man, honestly maybe they should start to resort to more basic procedures like your check list since reading a home # and matching it to the warrant paperwork is way to complicated for them to execute....

Sad how these people gets jobs but I have a hard to impossible time landing just a crappy job since im a 2 time convicted felon for 1 and a half pills of prescription meds.... I love our so called law now adays... pathetic!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Am I the only one that's wondering why the mother and daughter were naked, and the daughter answered the door in the nude..???

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing

LOL,

Maybe a "dummy proof" checklist:

You and your damned common sense. Stop that.

eta: At what point does "we didn't bother to actually, you know, verify we were in the correct place before doing our dynamic entry thing" go up the "spectrum of legal action" from

1) whoopsie no harm no foul
2) we were negligent, time for some disciplinary action
3) we were criminally negligent
4) not having exigence, a warrant, probable cause or being in hot pursuit, we broke and entered a residence and took hostages by force

Not bothering to make sure you're in the right place before you wield major force against someone's home and person doesn't seem to fall to the level of "oh well, send us a letter if you have a complaint" to me. You don't have the permission of the court to do what you did. It doesn't seem like a totally excusable error to me.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'm sure that none of you who are unforgiving towards this mistake, have ever made a mistake themselves at work.

Mistakes happen. Demanding zero tollerance for simple mistakes is a good way to make sure nobody ever wants to be a LEO ever again.

Accidents happen.

If you check the address on the door, and the address in the warrant, it's what... a 1 in 100 chance of getting the wrong home? Going by how often the mailman gets the wrong box I would say it's about 1 in 300. For an agency that should have the maps to know exactly where something is, have scouted it out, and double checked the address before breaking in, i bet it's 1 in 1000. The mailman with a mailbox and a hand written address gets it right more than 99% of the time.

Zero tolerance shouldn't be the goal, but these incidents are happening far too often. The police simply aren't doing what they should be doing before they break into someones home.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

American Justice system is dead & rotten from top to bottom. This kind of thing has to be stopped and when they bungle it up like this, someone needs to be held accountable. This won't ever stop if these guys think their untouchable.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Verifying an address? If clearly marked, I have zero tolerance for that kind of mistake. Would you like a surgeon to not verify he has the right chart before opening you up?

Medical procedures cost a lot more than executing a warrent. If the public would like to chum up some more tax to make sure there are more supervisors and procedures being followed and pay LEO like a surgeon gets paid then I suppose you can draw that comparrison.

And there I thought LEOs are supposed to be able to read before they get their jobs...
Maybe a bit of money for their literacy would indeed be a good investment.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Lanes and her family live in room 201 which was marked clearly on the door.

How about a new test before you can be a federal marshal?
Give them a paint by numbers set and see if they get a picture when they finish it.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThaEnigma

Am I the only one that's wondering why the mother and daughter were naked, and the daughter answered the door in the nude..???

I tend to wear some clothing while I am sleeping, but I know plenty of people that do not.
Maybe they are nudists.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThaEnigma

She didn't answer the door in the nude. The door was busted in at 3am in the morn. She was in bed asleep. The cops knocked on the door and covered the peep hole. The girl was trying to verify who it was when the cops pried the door open. The family would have had every right to start shooting through the door. Which is what makes these raids so reckless.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ThaEnigma

lots of people sleep in the nude and the daughter went to check the peep hole , not to open the door .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Does the USMS wear body cams? The opening scene would show them being reckless prior to entering. You would clearly see the APT number in the footage...

If they did hopefully the footage will be released, that way this poor family will really have the grounds for a civil suit.
edit on 11-8-2015 by slapjacks because: forgot word

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

We're all thinking it. I'm just going to say it.

How old was the daughter, and why were they naked?
edit on 8/11/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join