It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is my last resort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hello, ATS computer experts. I bought a GFM TDC32 3 in 1 camera a few years ago and have since misplaced the disc for it that had the drivers on it. I've been all over the place on the net searching for them and no luck. I even went to their homepage and all they had on it was the manual. I don't need that because that's where I found the dang website. You'd think there would be a link to the driver but NO! I'm at my wit's end and about to start screaming and pulling at my hair. Dramatic? Maybe, but I'm really frustrated. I took a lot of pics with the camera. It's hooked up to my laptop, and I can't do a thing because of the lack of drivers. Any help would be very much appreciated. By the way, I'm using Windows 8, if that matters. Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I've never needed camera drivers because I just take the memory card out and stick it in my computer. Then it works just like a flash drive.

Unless there is something weird about that particular camera?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yeah, if it has an SD or micro-sd slot, you are all set but, if you need to configure it via usb you will need the drivers.
edit on 10-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

This one doesn't have a memory card. It's one of the cheap point and click jobs. It has about 8 MB SDRAM memory. You hook it up to a computer via USB to get pics off. This is what it look like:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
docs.google.com...

This has the drivers for download, but you get this

You need permission

Your request for access has been sent.

You will receive an email if and when the owner of this item approves your request.

OR
you may find it here
top.windows9download.net...

or here
digital-gfm-camera-tdc-32-drivers.software.filedudes.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Windows update does a fairly good job of finding drivers for things. Why not plug it in and try Windows update?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah, I found a couple of apparent solutions but, they looked fishy.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

They have a number to call if you aren't completely satisfied with the link that says drivers and manuals but only has manuals.

You could try the TDC35 drivers..

Every link to the TDC32 is major malware looking.. And I even tried one and my antivirus was like "No Dude just No... "

edit on 10-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes, I think an hour of your time is worth 4673 of these pieces of @#$^.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Maybe you have to run it windows capability mode? It could a case of obsolete drivers? As a plug and play device does it show up on your PC when you plug it in?
edit on 8/10/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hello, again. Here's an update.

I went to various driver sites and found nothing. So, I decided to tear my room apart looking for the disc because I knew I'd seen it recently. I found it. I put it in the drive and in my excitement forgot that the drive doesn't work. Shoot! I'm about to give up and then:
I have a thumb drive! I grab the disc and the thumb drive and hurry down the way to my friend's house. After a few pleasantries, he puts the disc into his CD drive and I put the thumb drive into his USB port. He opened the file folder on the CD and copied everything needed onto the thumb drive.

I hurried back here and plug the thumb drive into my laptop and find the files I needed. After a little waiting while they installed, and a restart, it's done. YEEHAW!!!!! Where there's a will, there's a way-no matter how weird the way is.

Moral of the story: If you can't find a way to do something the conventional way (using the CD to install something) think outside the box and try something weird (use a friend's computer and copy everything you need onto a thumb drive). Thank you for all of your help and support. You are all awesome.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Lol..

Dude you should have seen me back in the day..

I installed windows 98..

And then I couldn't find my driver CD for my graphics card (think it was a voodoo 5 lols) OR ....
OR my Network card. To get online to get the driver for my network card I needed my network card to work, without a driver for which it would not..

Had to get a friend to download it and put it on a CD. Luckily he had a CD burner.. Not too many people had them at the time.

Glad it worked out.

edit on 10-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

That sounds like an adventure. I'm glad it worked for you.

Thanks. It was so frustrating. Now I can take pics of stuff. There are quite a few that people want to see and I had no way of taking them. I'm glad I remembered that camera. The pic quality is so so but they're pics.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Adapt, overcome, improvise.

Fine work Skid!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thanks, man. Improvisation helps with a lot of things.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In most cases the camera should act like a USB drive when plugged in.
Meaning no drivers needed.
I went through the same thing with my Sony camera.
Even drivers didn't help.
Turns out I was using a charger usb cable not a data USB cable.
2 pins are not used on the charge cable.

new topics

top topics

join