It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Top 5 Movie Bad Guys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
OK, here's the deal; list your favourite movie bad guys of all time, and try to write a little on why you think they are deserving of your praise.

My favourites are as follows

Name: Antonio Montana
Played by: Al Pacino
Movie: Scarface
Comment: Pacino's finest work IMHO, even better than Heat. Tony Montana is the greatest ever anti-hero; you know he's a @$$hole, but you love him anyway. Comes complete with some of the most memorable lines ever.

Name: Simon Phoenix
Played by: Wesley Snipes
Movie: Demolition Man
Comment: Snipes' character is the best thing about Demolition Man. He's tough, nasty and swears with style. His rampage through the future utopia of San Angeles is both action packed and hilarious.

Name: Hans Gruber
Played by: Alan Rickman
Movie: Die Hard
Comment: Hans Gruber is, IMO, the gentleman's baddie. He's clever, nasty, and wears suits when taking hostages, whom he then lectures on the history of their boss.

Name: Caster Troy
Played by: Nicholas Cage / John Travolta
Movie: Face/Off
Comment: Easily the best baddie from a John Woo film, Troy is a psychotic terrorist who drinks, does drugs, gropes women, and plants chemical weapons in Los Angeles.

Name: John Milton
Movie: Devil's Advocate
Comment: Pacino plays the head of one the most powerful law firms in the world, who lives like a playboy billionaire and eventually turns out to be Satan! Milton is corrupt as hell (no pun, honest) and even funny at times. Pacino was the perfect choice to play the role of God's swingin' arch enemy

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Daystar]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i can think of 4 right now.
NUMBER 1............Ralph Fiennes...played Nazi Amon Goeth in Schindler's List..a bad bad character..but a sexy actor

NUMBER 2.Wesley Snipes......played Simon Phoenix in Demolition Man.....evil and funny

Number 3....James Earl Jones...voiced Darth Vader in Star Wars......the baddest bad guy ever

Number 4...Val Kilmner...played Doc Holidat in Tombstone...a bad/good guy..hothothot

Number 5.........THE WISHMASTER!!!!!!! don't know the actors name but that voice!!!! evil to the core

one more at NUMBER 6....Gary Oldman as Dracula.....teeth,necks and vampires...how cool is that for aq villian!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
1) Christopher Walken/King of New York
2) Anthony Hopkins/Silence of the Lambs
3) Rutger Hauer/Bladerunner
4) Gary Oldman/The Professional
5) tie for 5th with John Travolta/Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction
-j; )

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Nine Inch Nails]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nine Inch Nails
Christopher Walken/King of New York

he only just missed out on making my list. King Of New York is underrated IMO

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
1. Name: Darth Vader
Movie: Star Wars
Comments: Vader is the ultiamte movie villian. He was menacing, dark, twisted and still lovable.

2. Name: The Thing
Movie: John Carpenter's The Thing.
Comments: Not really an actaul person per se, but an alien entity. Just try to imagine yourself in the movie as one of the characters are you'll see why The Thing is numbder 2.

3. Name: Frank Booth
Movie: Blue Velvet
Comments: Masterfully portrayed by Dennis Hopper, Booth unlike Vader and The Thing is someone you may have in your own neighborhood.

4. Name: Tony Montana
Comments: Need I explain?

5. Name: Dr. Hannibal Lechter
Movie: Silence of the Lambs
Comments: Chilling and psychotic. Even though his total screen time was only 8 or 16 minutes, he was the best part of that movie.

As a bonus, the anti-hero list.

1. Name:Travis Bickle
Movie: Taxi Driver

2. Name: Leon
Movie: The Professional

3. Name: R.J. Macready
Movie: The Thing

4. Name: The Man With No Name
Movie: Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy

[edit on 12-30-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
1. Kevin Spacey as Roger Kint/ The Usual Suspects
2. Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde/ Reservior Dogs
3. Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance/ The Shining
4. Vinnie Jones as Bullet Tooth Tony/ Snatch
5. David Prowse&James Earl Jones as Darth Vader/ Star Wars

Anti heros...
1. Mel Gibson as Mad Max/ Mad Max
2. Clint Eastwood as Preacher/ Pale Rider
3. Robin Williams as 'Rainbow' Randolph Smiley/ Death to Smoochy

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Nice list but this guy isn't on it yet?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster2. Name: Leon

jean reno? the bad guy?
i listed gary oldman(the crooked cop) on my list, as i thought he was the 'bad guy' in that film.
'leon' was the 'good guy', who befriends the little girl.
maybe i'm confused on this.-j; )

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have another............

THE NUMBER ONE VILLIAN OF ALL TIME

1960.alfred hitchcock.psycho....NORMAN BATES!!!! played by the great anthony hopkins(RIP)!!!!!

who can honestly top that nut!?!
just read my favorite quote!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
perkins.........perkins.anthony perkins.sorry guys! psychosgirl get a little crazy on the drink sometimes!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
What a thread

It's really hard to think of my favourite 5, but here goes:

1) Frank Booth - Blue Velvet (Dennis Hopper)
The ultimate villain. If you've seen him you'll know, realistic AND evil, thats the scary thing, you know theres one in every city. And boy does Hopper do a god job.

2) Tony Montana - Scarface (Al Pacino)
Suave, mad and completely extreme. An excellent character, what can you say. Was a big inspiration for Hip Hop, believe it or not (do a google search)/

3) Bricktop - Snatch (Alan Ford)
A great English gangster movie, and Bricktop is one evil son of a bitch. His teeth are yellow, he wears big square specs, he's old, short, and he's got one hell of a violent temper. Tends to deal with people he doesn't like using dogs and pigs (he has a fascination with the way pigs can eat people so fast). You have to see him to know how bad/cool he really is.

4) The Joker - Batman (Jack Nicholson)
Not realistic, but an all time classic never the less. I like my baddies to be suave, and he is. Twisted, and that smile is creepy even to this day. And the dancing....and the balloons. You gotta love the Joker

5) Jules & Vincent - Pulp Fiction (Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson)
They were laready mentioned so I didn't want t put them, but how couldn't I? They are fantastic, throughout the film they are suave (again). Everything that comes out of their mouths is interesting, and you find yourself liking them even though they are supposed to be "bad". One of the most perfect partneships ever pulled of on Film, and I think a lot of the credit should go to, aside from the actorse themselves, Tarrantino.

For a villain to be real scary, and good, he has to be believable, he has to be realistic in a sense. If you think you could bump inot someone like that, it makes it all the more shocking and evil. Thats the difference between Hellraiser and Frank Booth, in my opinion of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
some good characters being mentioned!

Norman Bates
Hannibal Lector
Jules and Vincent
Bricktop

a Bricktop quote:

Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution, manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c**t; ME!

Rory Breaker of Lock Stock is good also

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

jean reno? the bad guy?
i listed gary oldman(the crooked cop) on my list, as i thought he was the 'bad guy' in that film.

Oldman was the bad cop, Reno was the good guy. I had him on my anti-hero list, looking back I'm wrong. Well since I can't edit it, Leon will be replaced with Alex from A Clockwork Orange

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

jean reno? the bad guy?

Oldman was the bad cop, Reno was the good guy. I had him on my anti-hero list, looking back I'm wrong. Well since I can't edit it, Leon will be replaced with Alex from A Clockwork Orange

Damn! Excellent choice, wish i had remebered him, love that movie!-j; )

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Walken/King of New York and Fishburne in the same movie. KNY is one of the BEST Gangster movies of all times. Fishburnes "Two Gun Kid" is one of my favorite "side kicks"

Hannibal Lector. Do I even need to say more?

Kahn form Star Trek. You had to see the Series AND the Movie to catch the real depth of the character.

Al Pachio for BOTH Michal Corleone and Tony Montana

Dracula

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
#1 Movie Bad Guy
movie: Seven
villain- Kevin Spacey

#2 Movie Bad Guy
movie: Farenheit 9/11
Villain - George W. Bush

#3 Movie Bad Guy
movie: Hannibal
Villain: Anthony Hopkins

#4 Movie Bad Guy
movie: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Villain: Nurse Ratched (Louise Fletcher)

#5 Movie Bad Guy
movie: The Exorcist
Villain: Regan MacNeil (Linda Blair)

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My Top 5 Movie Bad Guys are:

1. Christopher Walken: Hands down, he is my favourite bad guy.

2. Dennis Hopper: Heis my second favourite bad guy. Especially the part he played in Water World...

3. Marlon Brando, Jr.: He was the epitomy of a bad guy In Apocalypse Now...

4. Joan Crawford: She made my hair stand on end when she played the evil abusive mother in Mommie Dearest.

5. Bruce Dern: He makes you want to hate him with his sinister face,
teeth and feral grin...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
Name: Antonio Montana
Comment: Pacino's finest work IMHO, even better than Heat. Tony Montana is the greatest ever anti-hero; you know he's a @$$hole, but you love him anyway. Comes complete with some of the most memorable lines ever.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Daystar]

BOOOOOYAAAAAH!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Everyone's already named a lot of great villains that I agree with, so I'll try and list a few that haven�t been mentioned yet....Most of them are the kind of bad guys that have some redeeming qualities�

www.us-way.de..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Name: Gollum/Smeagol
Played by: Andy Serkis
Movies: LOTR Trilogy
Comment: He's slinky and slimy and "hates the hobitses"...but he has a few redeeming qualities that Frodo is blinded by and Sam considers "trickery"...

www.heptune.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Name: Agent Smith
Played by: Hugo Weaving
Movie: The Martix Trilogy
Comment: While I despise the last two movies in the trilogy, I think the first film was excellent�and Agent Smith is an ass-kicking machine�.

us.movies1.yimg.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Name: Bill/Snakecharmer
Played by: David Carradine
Movie: Kill Bill 1&2
Comment: What�s there to say about Bill? He�s cold and heartless, but with a soft fatherly side�.

www.kinomag.ru..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Name: Salieri
Played by: F. Murray Abraham
Movie: Amadeus
Comment: He�s so damn selfish and he makes as much an ass out of himself as he tries to make out of Mozart�but you can see where he's coming from...

www.apartment42.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Name: Elsa
Played by: Alison Doody
Movie: Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
Comment: What a bitch! But she�s so damn cute�.lol

[edit on 1/2/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

Odd

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
1) Sauron (LotR, dir. Peter Jackson)-- only one villain is bad-ass enough to get the whole world (of Middle-Earth, that is) in an uproar without so much as showing his face.

2) The Thing (dir. John Carpenter)-- already been covered... and is awesome

3) The Cube (Cube, dir. Vincenzo Natali)-- an obscure Canadian movie... the Cube wasn't a living entity, but a giant labyrinthine prison full of deathtraps and other goodness; the characters were test subjects of some kind, kidnapped and locked in the Cube. The cube itself came to personify ultimate evil... and it is the nastiest piece of architecture ever recorded on film.

4) The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (Ghostbusters, dir. Ivan Reitman)-- the physical manifestation of Gozer the Traveler, Gozer the Destructor, Gozer, terror of all dimensions and master of evil-- was a hundred-foot-tall marshmallow man. God bless you, Mr. Stantz.

5) Simon Phoenix (Demolition Man, dir. Marco Brambilla)-- Half of you guys have already named him, and for good reason. Murder-death-kill!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join