It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Lurches Left as Murdoch’s Sons Take Control of Media Dynasty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well here's some "news" that many may not have known about.

It seems Fox News went through some structural changes recently just in time for the Republican debates.

Apparently Rupert Murdoch, the owner of the Fox conglomerate, turned authority over to his sons.

And the rumor is that FoxNews Roger Ailes has some problems with at least one of the Murdoch sons.

The "problem" may involve general political views.

Meaning maybe Fox becomes a little less in favor of Republicans from now on.

Read the story for details and decide if this is even true.

The mud may be changing at Fox !!!!!

Fox News Lurches Left as Murdoch’s Sons Take Control of Media Dynasty

Rupert Murdoch handed over 21st Century Fox, the conglomerate behind Fox News, to sons James and Lachlan July 1, 2015. James is now CEO and Lachlan executive co-chairman. Last year Murdoch elevated his sons to prominent positions, James to co-COO and Lachlan to non-executive co-chairman, but the turnover of the conglomerate came sooner than expected.

For 15 years, Roger Ailes has enjoyed near total autonomy as head of Fox News, but Ailes’ sovereign rule ended abruptly with the move. A 21st Century Fox spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter from now on, “Roger will report to Lachlan and James.”

To say that Ailes and Murdoch’s son James have a strained relationship would be a bit of an understatement. James, whose wife once worked for the Clinton Foundation, is a rabid environmentalist who led the campaign to make News Corp a carbon-neutral company. Conversely, Ailes is a “fierce climate-change denier,” who allegedly has called James a “f@#$%!g dope” and “Fredo.”

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just more proof that the "news" is what they tell us it is, not the actual facts. It'd be nice to see a network that reports the idiocy on both sides, but I ain't holdin' my breath.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
My mom and grandmother are glued to Fox News 24/7, I've tried to point out that it's propaganda but they always fire back with "no, the mainstream media is propaganda" as if Fox News isn't the most mainstream of them all. They refuse to see that they're being brainwashed, I've given up on even trying to point it out to them.

Let's see if this change (if it even happens) will affect their views at all. It should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
My mom and grandmother are glued to Fox News 24/7, I've tried to point out that it's propaganda but they always fire back with "no, the mainstream media is propaganda" as if Fox News isn't the most mainstream of them all. They refuse to see that they're being brainwashed, I've given up on even trying to point it out to them.

Let's see if this change (if it even happens) will affect their views at all. It should be interesting.

It's really sad that people don't realize, that if they listen only to one side or one political ideology, over and over that it's brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It would be a fun experiment to take Fox News and slowly turn it liberal over the course of say, five years?

Then, take a poll of the people who continued to watch Fox News the entire time ... I wonder if their political leanings would change to match whatever's on the television?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I wonder if Hillary will be invited on a show.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Just more proof that the "news" is what they tell us it is, not the actual facts. It'd be nice to see a network that reports the idiocy on both sides, but I ain't holdin' my breath.

That is how they get you. First, they get you to believe that there are only two sides.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Indeed.

It could even sway an entire election !!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I remember when Bush II got elected. Fox News was very, very new. In fact, I think it helped him win his presidency. I also think that Fox News helped shape public opinion to go into Iraq. Fox News hadn't been on the air long enough for it to establish itself as a "conservative leaning" news outlet. They used to say, "Fair & Balanced" all the time. ALL the time.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not just them, but everyone I seem to try and have a rational political discussion with. I lean a bit left, considering myself a world citizen and someone who cares about all people regardless of their position in society. Seems almost every discussions turns to the right leaning folks almost parroting fox's talking points verbatim to support their arguments...frustrating to say the least.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

A lot depends on how many viewers Fox gets vs the Big3 networks.

The ratings say the Big3 get a lot more.

The question is: how much of an influence does the free Big3 have politically.

I say they might have a lot.

Fox is #1 on cable, but the viewership is like 4x higher for network ABC, CBS, NBC.

That goes for all the prime-time shows that may have "hidden" political messages.

The conspiracy is that the Big3 networks all lean Left.

But sometimes a smaller punch bowl holds more rum.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

As someone that leans a bit left, do you prefer cable TV "news" or Big3 network?

Or neither.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I think the GTA game series puts it best, they have a feaux news radio station called "Weasel News" and its slogan is "Confirming Your Biases", that's basically what Fox News does, it confirms peoples biases whether the information they present is factual or not. The more they pander to their audience, the longer their viewers keep watching. More viewers more ad revenue.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
All Fox has to do is present liberalism in a rough, swaggering, macho style and the one time tough guy wannbes conservatives will mimic the programming rhetoric and never know the difference.

Perception is more important than reality.

Anyone that hasn't read all of Vance Packards books, just doesn't understand the media.

edit on 10-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The news could be owned by Michael "Jabba" Moore and it shouldn't matter.

But it does.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am shocked at you. As the creator/controller of the human mind (judging by your avatar) you should have this down pat.
There are obviously some 'mirror effects' shenanigan hijinks going on with Fox News *secret*. CNN and MSNBC have the same problem. Its a glitch in how the human is processing THE EXACT SAME information is all. Everyone perceives the information differently (this was not anticipated).
edit on 10-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Is it just me, or have the eyes in your avatar get larger and blacker...?

And no, it shouldn't matter. It really, really shouldn't.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Also crying more...
Black is the colour

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: beezzer

Is it just me, or have the eyes in your avatar get larger and blacker...?

And no, it shouldn't matter. It really, really shouldn't.

The news stopped being the news when Walter Cronkite died.

As for my avatar eyes? I clawed them out after the GOP Beauty Contest/Debate. It was during the swimsuit portion. I couldn't take the Christie image any longer.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, they got to do their training somewhere.
21st Century Fox is only Part of "The News Corporation" that Murdoch runs.

Rupert inherited his daddy's newspaper fortune, back in the 60s....It was a paper called "The News" and was a smaller (not broadsheet) evening paper in my small city of Adelaide, Australia.

Until Rupert became a 'Merican, all the stockholders meetings were in Adelaide.....much like Warren has his meetings still in rural Minnesota or Kansas or wherever....

So the boys have been part of the "Corporation" for ever. Like most billionaires kids, they have lost fortunes in bad business dealing, wiping out millions.......lucky they have daddy still there and alive, (he looks like death warmed up) to save them.

Good luck to them in their rich adventures in the future, maybe they will put their money to good use and build a real flying saucer to fly to the moon and back in an hour.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join