It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Global War On Terror Has Killed Over 4 Million Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Since your expertise is NOT war you wouldn't know.
But this fight is against a cult that uses a faith to hide behind,the numbers will be skewedas a result because we haven't fought that yet.
WE are learning to better find and KILL our appropriate enemies.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Since your expertise is NOT war you wouldn't know.
But this fight is against a cult that uses a faith to hide behind,the numbers will be skewedas a result because we haven't fought that yet.
WE are learning to better find and KILL our appropriate enemies.

And create millions of new enemies to keep killing along the way. How nicely that works out. For some.

And lest we forget...there are enemies on both sides of the battlefield. And apparently so is god.
edit on 8/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

And causing failed states which breeds terrorism. It's almost like that's the plan.

*whistles*
edit on 8/10/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

(post by Willtell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

As ALL wars do so.
HOW would YOU oppose the enemy?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They(The Bushs) have been extent since the industrial age.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

As ALL wars do so.
HOW would YOU oppose the enemy?

Well, if you surrender, then no-one dies.

o_O

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Considering the fact that all these studies produce vastly different numbers, I don't give them any credibility.

In one study, the source of information was a phone survey to families in Iraq asking "have you had a family member killed because of the war?" In a nation where the majority of people just want the war to be over, do you really think that method is going to produce accurate numbers?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I never indiscriminately slaughtered anyone, nor did anyone I know. People fired at us often time their bullets would ping and dart off our armor at times that was humorous I must admit. And when they would fire upon us usually a 50 cal, or occasionally a 240 bravo turret was firing back.

This isn't to say that "murder" in the legal sense did not take place, as I had herd story's but never saw that myself, and the guys with me really just wanted to make it out alive and not get hit with IED or EFP.

Anyway, yes I'm willing to discuss western meddling and the effects it has had and what we can do to fix the situation which doesn't result in the wests primary benefit or escalation of violence or sectarian violence.

If anything I think we should give Saudi Arabia the middle finger and stop supporting warlords and thugs for resource allocation. I think we should restore our moral high ground and no longer sacrifice moral compass.

4 million that's a lot I don't know if those numbers are accurate I can't imagine those are all direct deaths from American hands, perhaps they are including the deaths from sectarian violence who knows regardless, yes something has to change but no I don't think everything that we did the people on the ground that is, was wrong or evil.
edit on 10-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

No, how do you define the enemy? And how would you explain the disproportionate response? Four million lives because they attacked us a few times? The balance is way off here. And anyone who doesn't question why is not seeing the entire picture.

And how I would fight it is to let law enforcement to its job.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Soldiers follow orders. I'm not dismissing or making light of anyone's military service or convictions. But we would all be woefully ignorant to question where exactly these orders are coming from...and why.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Soldiers are people to,as much as perhaps command would wish otherwise soldiers are still people. So yes murder does and has happened also acts of heroism and love have happened as well. Do you really believe the indiscriminate slaughter of 4 million has taken place?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Probably more than 4 million if we count all that's happened in Africa and Asia.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yep. Blame the war, love the soldier.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

How about another 907 million and we'll call it a day, then let them "never forget"?
edit on 8/10/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Like, what if they threw a war and nobody came, eh?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

ya, and now we need someone to explain to us just how Iraq was responsible for 9/11...
if I remember right, the terrorists involved were supposedly saudis, although we can't be sure of that since some of them turned up in saudi arabia still alive.......

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Peace cannot be had - simply because neither side will admit the truth, nor call a truce. Those who did the wrong, or those attempting to retaliate to said wrong.

Greed, ego and evils are powerful masters.

If the truth came out, many, if not most, could not handle it. (don't ask me)

IMHO - rolling over and just taking it, won't fix a damned thing. Where the war is now, for those who don't know has been fighting among themselves for CENTURIES - what's going on now? Blip on their radar.

Don't come for me, my family, friends or fellow Americans....and we're fine.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
4 million seem sliek just propaganda. I bet that guy who was debunked in Iraq of over 1 milion dead iraqis was responsible for this report. I imagine that if it is accurate though its including all deaths worlwide to inflate the numbers. All but 370,00 o fthose ar ea result of the war in Iraq. Most kills though were from IEds and terrorist strikes though in actuality. They even admitted they targeted civilians to turn them against th e occupiers.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Probably more than 4 million if we count all that's happened in Africa and Asia.

Well, it's just a sensationalist argument, I can tell you right now. Americans did not pull the trigger on 4 million people, it didn't happen. Each death had context and was extremely intense and emotional moments. We are not robots, saying soldiers follow orders is neither here not there. When we are speaking about the indiscriminate murder of people no one, well there are exceptions but most anyone never wishes to participate in such acts. This was a war, if you don't like the war that's fine I don't like the war either. Perhaps for different reasons than you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join