It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Global War On Terror Has Killed Over 4 Million Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted here yet [it has been...please close], but it seems that we have a new report, this time from the International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW), Physicians for REsponsibility, and Physicians for Global Survival.

Will someone please debunk this. I know it can't be this many. Can it? This includes Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Not sure if it includes any parts of African, as I haven't read it all yet but have read some other articles that include the Congo.

[PDF From March 2015]

The Iraq Body Count (IBC)
The best known initiative based on passive surveillance is the British Iraq Body Count (IBC). This project tries to capture the casualties of the Iraq War by using a database that counts all killed civilians as reported in renowned Western media . This project tries to capture the casualties of the Iraq War by using a database that counts all killed civilians as reported in renowned Western media outlets or registered by hospitals and morgues. From March 2003 to September 2011, the time period that the present IPPNW Body Count investigates, IBC activists
have identified approximately 108,000 killed Iraqi civilians.

Representative Studies Provide an Estimate of Up To 1 Million
Conversely, results from statistical surveys conducted by the Johns Hopkins University, published in 2004 and 2006 in the medical journal The Lancet, as well as by the British polling institute Opinion Research Business (ORB) in 2007 suggest that already by 2008 over one million Iraqis had died as a result of war, occupation and their indirect consequences.

(MINTPRESS) Washington, DC — A study released earlier this year revealed the shocking death toll of the United States’s “War on Terror” since the 9/11 terrorist attacks, but the true body count could be even higher.
Published in March by Physicians for Social Responsibility, the study, conducted by a team that included some Nobel Prize winners, determined that at least 1.3 million people have died as a result of war since Sept.11, 2001, but the real figure might be as high as two million. The study was an attempt to “close the gaps” in existing research, including studies like the Iraq Body Count,” which puts the number of violent deaths in that country at about 219,000 since 2003, based on media reports of the time period.
Investigative journalist Nafeez Ahmed, writing in April for Middle East Eye, explained some of the ways the previous figures fell short, according to the physicians’ research... theantimedia.org... led-over-4-million-muslims/" target="_blank" class="postlink">[Source]

Although, in 2006, when Lancet, one of the world's oldest scientific journals, per Wiki, first reported it, that we were at about 1 million deaths in Iraq alone, it was denied and denied hard. Just a couple of old threads I found really quickly on the subject...

2004: Scientists estimate 100,000 Iraqi deaths since invasion.

2007: Est. 300,000+ Innocent Iraqi's Killed

Tangentially related: The Lancet: New study reveals 40 million deaths a year go unrecorded

Even IraqBodyCount.org, a stalwart debunker admits "Graphs are based on the higher number in our totals. Gaps in recording and reporting suggest that even our highest totals to date may be missing many civilian deaths from violence." And that's for Iraq alone.

Anyway, whether the deaths are one million or four, it's a lot. And I think every now and then we ought to take a beat and realize just what it is we are doing in this world.
edit on 8/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: I stuttered

edit on 8/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I haven't seen anything recently to dispute the 4 million Muslim deaths. It's jaw-dropping and repugnant.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yeah, already posted but never hurts to remind brainwashed western lovers who think their world is just great, that it's not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
...and in return there has hardly been any US attacks bar for FBI stings and informants,the biggest load of bollocks ever the war on terror commonly known as the military industrial complex justifying its existence.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum
Ah thanks and sorry. I guess I didn't hit the right search argument or scroll back far enough.

We can close this. But I still think we need to think about this hard. Guess that's just too inconvenient.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"Some 11,000,000 (sic 11 million) Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims....
in a different perspective, some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims."
themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

"Well, if spilling Muslim blood is the deciding factor for us Muslims to decide who we should take vengeance against, then al-Ansi and others in al Qaeda should immediately go into hiding. Simply put, al Qaeda has been slaughtering Muslims for years. Islamic clerics, doctors, nurses, women, children, etc. -- you name any type of Muslim, and al Qaeda has butchered them.
In fact, a report released in 2009 by the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point documented the people killed by al Qaeda between 2004 and 2008. It found that only 12% of the victims of al Qaeda were Westerners. That suggests that al Qaeda has killed seven times as many Muslims as non-Muslims. And these attacks were just the ones for which al Qaeda had publicly claimed responsibility."
www.cnn.com...

"What makes this 26-page report (PDF) so powerful is that it describes to us the gruesome circumstances in which ISIS has killed fellow Muslims. We are talking beheadings, killing of women for objecting to ISIS’ policies, and executing Sunni Muslim clerics for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS....
This investigation, undertaken by UN’s Human Rights Office together with the UN’s Assistance Mission for Iraq, conducted more than 500 interviews with witnesses and visited locations across Iraq to examine how many civilians were killed in Iraq between July and September of this year.What did the UN find? ISIS had “carried out attacks deliberately and systematically targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure, with the intention of killing and wounding civilians.” The UN concluded that in the first eight months of 2014, at least 9,347 civilians had been killed and at least 17,386 wounded. While all these deaths are not attributable to ISIS alone, ISIS is identified as the primary actor. (The report also documents what could be considered war crimes committed by the Iraqi military.)
news.yahoo.com...

I don't think there is anything more to add.

edit on 7Mon, 10 Aug 2015 19:15:17 -0500pm81008pmk101 by grandmakdw because: spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

S & F. This needs to be known. Not only have 4 million innocent people lost their lives, but their countries have been left shattered and in ruin. More than 5 million people have been made refugees.

And they call the Muslims barbaric. This is a human catastrophe of the highest order....and now the US and it's stooges...I mean allies wish to repeat this abomination in Syria.

Where are the American people? Does it not matter to them at all that this is being done in their name with their money?

Utterly disgusting.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Does any of this in any way excuse the mass slaughter of millions of people? It's bad when the Muslims do it...but just fine when we do? Mass murder is mass murder....it cannot be defended by pointing at someone else's transgressions of human dignity....like that somehow makes it better.

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm

I reckon only unborn lives matter. Then they don't for about 18 years, until they're old enough to fight needless, senseless wars. Then they matter again for a minute.
edit on 8/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Let's ignore bad things because other bad things happen.

The United States is responsible for 4 million Muslim deaths. That's about waist deep in genocide.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcalm

Does any of this in any way excuse the mass slaughter of millions of people? It's bad when the Muslims do it...but just fine when we do? Mass murder is mass murder....it cannot be defended by pointing at someone else's transgressions of human dignity....like that somehow makes it better.

Disgusting.

I excused nothing. I simply posted quotes from sources regarding the 11 million murders of Muslims since 1948.

You are the one who extrapolated and inferred from it.

All murder is bad, but to blame the west entirely is also not correct. As the report pointed out 90% of all Muslims murdered since 1948 (in wars, etc) have been committed by other Muslims. Simply a fact, I can't help it if facts that contradict your point of view upset you and send you into a tizzy of inference of the meaning behind the posting of the facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Let's ignore bad things because other bad things happen.

The United States is responsible for 4 million Muslim deaths. That's about waist deep in genocide.

And Muslims are responsible for 90% of all Muslim (murders) deaths. That is even more deep than genocide, it is fratricide on a grand scale.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

4 million at US hands.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I don’t know why you want the truth debunked

The west is what I said and wrote an op about. SLOW NAZIS

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Because the numbers made my stomach churn. I want someone to tell me it's not real. And if it is why we let this, among other things, keep happening as we argue about what is fundamentally BS.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The terrorists declared war and attacked. All on them.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

People die in war.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It's not war when the numbers are so disproportionate. It's murder.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
AND that is what WE KNOW about.
NONE of the seceret operations or any kills of communists or what we did in South America.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: beezzer

It's not war when the numbers are so disproportionate. It's murder.

It's murder when over 50 million unborn babies die in abortion clinics.

People have been killing each other since before Cain and Abel.

It's nice to see people still shocked and disgusted by murder.

Perhaps there's hope for the future.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join