It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we weren't looking, Russia steals another 1.5 Km of Georgian territory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Velatropa24

no one has ever said Russia is going away - what a stupid comment - just like calling me American!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

HEY!
I thought WE were going to do that?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

As far as Russian land grabs go Russia used its trump card with the invasion of Ukraine. If Putin tries it again in another country the west is not going to buy into the lies Russia told about Ukraine.

The more aggressive Russia gets the more nations will distance themselves from Russia.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Velatropa24

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss
Actually there ARE signs that the Russian people are getting concerned now about the actions of Putin. I cite the example of Putin ordering all western foods to be destroyed. This is a criminal waste of food. Russians are gathering a petition to present to Putin to reverse this policy to at least feed the homeless with the unwanted food rather than letting good food go to waste. Or indeed I would be inclined to ship it to disaster zones around the world.

There WILL be a revolution in Russia, it is a question of WHEN not IF. I think it may be a few years away yet as Putin has taken over the free press and media outlets. But it will happen eventually if Putin carries on like this and more and more body bags are flown home back to Russia from its excursions into foreign lands.

Oh and by the way did we ever find out what nationality that sub was which entered Swedish waters a few months back? May have been Norway thinking about it.

There will not be a Revolution in Russia. Or China. Not to say Americans haven't been trying. But your mechanisms are well known and measures are in place to counteract them. Russians are happy with there leadership, more then ever before. Sure there is the unpopular food thing, but people don't go and start revolutions over something like that. Once again wishful thinking. And I have some more news for you which will probably disappoint you - even if Putin is gone, the new leadership will not be any more friendly to the West, as Russians will do what's good for Russia, not US. Russia was never, is not, and will never be your colony or puppet state. Russia is here, they are strong and truily independent. Accept it and get used to it.

So why are the funerals of dead soldiers kept a state secret? And why are protests over the increasing amount of body bags being supressed? And never for one moment do I regard Russia as a colony or puppet state. Having studied Russian history I am well aware of the Russian Revolution and civil war. I am also aware that Peter The Great did much to modernise Russia and build up its naval forces and westernise Russia in that sense. Russia has never truly known democracy. In the 1990s there was hope that following the revolution that saw communist rule wiped away from Russia and the break up of the USSR, that Russia would experience it for the first time and for a while it worked. But Putin crawled out of a rock and stole the revolution and proceeded to supress the new found freedoms and took control of the press and media.

As to China, there WAS an attempted revolution. Never forget Tiananmen Square or Tank Man. Brave souls every one of them who were ruthlessly crushed quite literally as tanks rolled into the Square.

And I don't recall Americans being involved in Tiananmen Square. That was purely a Chinese affair, and the decline of the USSR and the revolution that followed it was down to the Russians. Perhaps you might want to brush up on your history.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

As far as Russian land grabs go Russia used its trump card with the invasion of Ukraine. If Putin tries it again in another country the west is not going to buy into the lies Russia told about Ukraine.

The more aggressive Russia gets the more nations will distance themselves from Russia.

Agreed! Putin will have to come up with a new strategy. It is called peace. Cooperate with the word and get the money and business rolling back in.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So why are the funerals of dead soldiers kept a state secret?

And it looks as though it will stay that way.

The court ruled against a complaint by several activists and journalists that the decree was illegal and aimed at preventing any information about Russia's military role in eastern Ukraine from being made public.

Signed by President Vladimir Putin in late May, it adds "military losses during war time and during special operations in peace time" to the types of information that constitute a state secret.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Ukraine, at least the Russian half belongs to Russia, you know it, Russia knows it, us Brits know it, most of the world knows it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Velatropa24

I would be a faggot

Really, you couldn't find a better word to use than that?

Violation of airspace - this is from your own article: "Even though the Swedish Armed Forces have not officially commented the incident, sources who talked to the Expressen said authorities believe the violation was aimed at probing the Swedish air defense readiness".

Conclusion - ferry tales. Not only is the source questionable, but the info itself could have many intentions, from an increase in defence budget to simply interesting headline to sell more newspapers.

So then I guess that is the same for these...

LONDON: In what could have been catastrophic, it was confirmed on Saturday that a Russian military aircraft turned off its transponders to avoid commercial radar and nearly collided with a passenger jet over Sweden.

Sweden's air force chief Major General Micael Byden said on Sunday that the aircraft's transponders, which make the plane visible to commercial radar, were shut off.

Swedish fighter jets which were sent up to identify the aircraft later identified it as a Russian intelligence plane.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Sweden's foreign ministry said on Friday the two Russian warplanes entered Swedish airspace south of the island of Oland in the Baltic Sea on Wednesday.

www.reuters.com...

And then we have really questionable reporting by the Kremlin mouthpiece RT.

www.rt.com...

Guess what it happened and Sweden has said they were Russian planes, as shown above in two different sources.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Ukraine, at least the Russian half belongs to Russia, you know it, Russia knows it, us Brits know it, most of the world knows it.

No it doesn't and hasn't since 1991...and you know that, Russia knows it, the Brits know it, hell the whole world knows it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

KIEV, USSR — The government of the Russian republic recognized the right of Ukraine to independence Wednesday, speeding up the political disintegration of the Soviet Union.

In a communique that referred to ``the former union,`` the two largest of the 15 Soviet republics agreed they will become ``sovereign and independent states`` and said they will set up ``temporary structures`` to bridge the gap between the present centralized Soviet government and independent states.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

You were saying?

Seems Russia knows they don't have any claim to anything in Ukraine.

As I said that stopped when Ukraine became it's own country.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

KIEV, USSR — The government of the Russian republic recognized the right of Ukraine to independence Wednesday, speeding up the political disintegration of the Soviet Union.

In a communique that referred to ``the former union,`` the two largest of the 15 Soviet republics agreed they will become ``sovereign and independent states`` and said they will set up ``temporary structures`` to bridge the gap between the present centralized Soviet government and independent states.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

You were saying?

Seems Russia knows they don't have any claim to anything in Ukraine.

As I said that stopped when Ukraine became it's own country.

Yeah sure.......... But Ukraine is slowly being nibbled away 'Georgia style.' When Putin said Ukraine is not a real country well you're seeing reality right now. While Obama is in power Russia wil keep nibbling in this very succesful way............... The biggest country on Planet Earth by a mile gets bigger every day

edit on 15-8-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

YOU got that one right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join