It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why havent ISIS been stopped?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I visit best gore once every few months ,before that was just rotten with the infamous Chechen beheading Russians clips being shown

ISIS who have come onto the scene have taken these horrid little snuff movies to the next extreme with almost studio like perfection

They are so good they might get nominated for an oscar for best film technique :-/

There also doing an a/z on killing methods trying to make the next even more barbaric in a biblical whirlwind of extreme violence

I realy think we need boots on the ground to combat them,dropping missiles on these people never does the trick and somtimes results in innocent lives being lost

The Middle East countries in our pocket should send troops in,we can train them

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
ISIS is a joint CIA/DIA funded and trained para-military group that was formed to create and promulgate chaos in the middle east region. It was formed to keep the local middle eastern countries in check but has formed a life of its own. One good thing that ISIS has done is get oil prices down (they'll go back up now that I let the cat out of the proverbial bag).

Hasn't anyone wondered why the middle easterners that are fighting ISIS haul butt when air strikes are called in against ISIS? Its because ISIS called the air strikes in against the "good guys". You know, fool me once,

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

The reason ISIS is still around is because they're a guerrilla force, when moving troops and supplies they blend in with ordinary citizens. This allows them to move around freely, it would take a very large military presence in order to lock them down (larger than the US can commit actually). Guerrilla forces are very effective at doing what ISIS is doing, but it also means they can't really fortify any locations because if they do there's a single point to be counter attacked.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
Why havent ISIS been stopped?

Because the U.S. war hawks have yet to settle on a concrete, new "axis of evil" yet. See Michael Moore's upcoming doco for more elucidation on this point.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

It also came to me how ISIS seem to steer clear of Israel, which makes me think that ISIS are actually carrying out these atrocities FOR Israel, if this is indeed the case, it would explain why Obama seems to be hesitant to come up with a plan to target and defeat ISIS despite the Pentagon claiming otherwise.

Or... ISIS knows better than to start that fight, at this moment in time.

They've bitten off about as much as they can chew in Syria, in Iraq, and elsewhere. Do they really want the IDF on 'em, as well? Supported by arguably the best air force in the world, operating from secure bases in Israel?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Should ISIS somehow win, and create a country out of this welter of blood, I think we can safely assume that Israel will be on the target list...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sheikh Nasrallah breaks it down, with a bit of flair...

edit on 12-8-2015 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Since they ISIS mysteriously appeared after Obama got a no to intervene in Syria to remove Assad the Sunni/Wahabbi side (Saudi Arabia) had to create a new problem to get the solution they want. They need control over Syria for gas pipeline to Europe to remove Russian export on the European market and to push back Iran.

Again a war for economic and religious control. Shia (Assad) or Sunni/Wahabbi (Saudi Arabia).

Just for the record, it's not Sunni/Wahhabi vs Shia. It's Wahhabi vs Everyone.

The Kurdish people are roughly 90% Sunnis but the Wahhabi groups have been attacking them from the beginning. And the vast majority of Syrians are Sunnis, including nearly all of their military. Yet those Sunnis are protecting Assad while fighting the foreign Wahhabi "rebel" groups.

It's Qatar & the Saudis who keep trying to present this as Sunni vs Shia. But that's because they're both controlled by Wahhabis & want legitimacy (note: they view themselves as Salafis, which are generally respected, while "Wahhabi" has pretty much become a cuss word b/c of Wahhabi atrocities). The very fact that Wahhabism is still a small minority is proof that the majority of Muslims in the region reject them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join