It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonizing Apes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
So you are one of those people huh? We are running out of water.....RUN TO THE HILLS!!!! I will pay $500 a gallon for water....We are not running out of water, please stop believing what you read on ATS....We have limited resources pulled already but I am not debating oil on here or I get slammed, read into it if interested....Again, not fighting to keep that as one of the resources we should be using but there is plenty for a very long time, even at our consumption rates now and that will all change as we find other avenues...The sky isn't falling just yet, it will be ok

Run to the hills? All I said was that our population rate of increase is unsustainable. Nothing on earth is unlimited. I mentioned fresh water, not all water. All I'm saying is that we need to be more responsible by not populating like jackrabbits and not over indulging beyond our means. Everything wrong with the earth is very fixable, but oil tycoons and diehard religious won't be happy about it because they will have to make sacrifices (ie less profit for oil and less children for the religious). Personal responsibility matters. Everything is finite. Treat earth like your home, not like some magical paradise god made to have unlimited abundance of everything. That is far removed from reality and passages from the bible that suggest everything was put here strictly for man lead to constant abuse of animals and resources.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

So you don't think if oil ran out we would use natural gas? Once gas ran out we would use Hydrogen? Once that ran out we would go nuclear/electric....Wind/etc....? Do you really think once a resource is drained we are doomed? You know how much salt water is on this planet? There is plenty of water, we just need to figure out how to PROPERLY use and/or utilize it without destroying our marine life....

Look I am not saying you are wrong here, just saying there are MANY things we can do/use to keep the resources plentiful, we just aren't doing it now because of greed and money....Once this fake money fad is over (soon) we will start to develop things that actually help people once money is out of the picture....Unfortunately we allowed the bankers (Rothschild) Big Oil and many more control too much too fast....We have to wait for that to die and it is coming!!

We are not over-producing, what gives you that idea? Take a look in America at open land.....My lord we have room for billions here....Stop all the doom and gloom crap and look into a topic for once....Just because ATS criminalizes an organization doesn't make them evil, just do some research bud....Please don't take offense to that....

We are still young in our progression on Earth but we were put here to get this all figured out and someone still has faith it will happen...Maybe not in my lifetime but it will and all will be well.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
So you don't think if oil ran out we would use natural gas? Once gas ran out we would use Hydrogen? Once that ran out we would go nuclear/electric....Wind/etc....? Do you really think once a resource is drained we are doomed? You know how much salt water is on this planet? There is plenty of water, we just need to figure out how to PROPERLY use and/or utilize it without destroying our marine life....

Where did I say that we can't switch resources when they run out or that we are doomed? I said that the resources are finite and that is a fact. I said that it isn't too late to fix our problems, and that's a fact. I don't know why you are trying to paint me as some type of doomsday prepper. Thinking that we'll never run out of resources is a very dangerous mentality. They will ALL eventually run out if we keep up our current levels of consumption.

And as far as switching resources, do you really think it's as simple as switching from oil to natural gas when it runs out? Do you realize how much of our mechanical technology is dependent on oil? We would have to develop entirely new types of engines and technology to replace everything we have and that is no easy task. At this point, we do not really have much natural gas / wind / etc technology that is efficient enough to just replace it and life goes on. This is why it pays to make the switch BEFORE we run out, rather than sit back apathetically thinking that everything will be okay and we'll never run out.

Look I am not saying you are wrong here, just saying there are MANY things we can do/use to keep the resources plentiful, we just aren't doing it now because of greed and money....Once this fake money fad is over (soon) we will start to develop things that actually help people once money is out of the picture....Unfortunately we allowed the bankers (Rothschild) Big Oil and many more control too much too fast....We have to wait for that to die and it is coming!!

I agree with most of that. There is a lot we can do, but if we wait until it's all gone before developing alternative technology, it will be a very difficult transition.

We are not over-producing, what gives you that idea? Take a look in America at open land.....My lord we have room for billions here....Stop all the doom and gloom crap and look into a topic for once....Just because ATS criminalizes an organization doesn't make them evil, just do some research bud....Please don't take offense to that....

I didn't say over producing. I said over CONSUMING. Big difference. America has about 5% of the world's population and consumes around 25% of the world's energy resources. This means that 1 American uses as much energy resources as 13 Chinese people. That is ridiculous, and this is why I bring up personal responsibility (and corporate responsibility). I'm not talking doom and gloom I'm talking about responsibility to create a better future. Also talking about open land in America is a red herring. Just because there is open land, doesn't mean that humans should populate it. I'm talking about the world as a whole and our consumption of resources. That is a far bigger factor than open land space. We should take great care in preserving our natural areas rather than cramming as many people in as we can. And I don't get my research from ATS, btw.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Put a human in the woods with a single chimp and see who survives the longest.

That easy..the human kills the chimp and build a fire to cook it
Put a chimp in front of the keyboard and see how quickly ATS burns out.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Put a human in the woods with a single chimp and see who survives the longest.

That easy..the human kills the chimp and build a fire to cook it
Put a chimp in front of the keyboard and see how quickly ATS burns out.

Work on that grammar, champ.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

For you to say that means to me you think you know me from a few posts backing oil...Right?

No, it means that the post I commented on (and only that post) simply parrots the position of the oil lobby and businesses that don't want to be forced to reduce their carbon output.

How about read a little more into it before accusing me of anything dear!

Do I really need to? I've been reading your posts ever since your avatar actually had a fish in it. I know pretty well where your head is at. Compassionate conservatism, hey?

I am always talking about clean energy.

There is no such thing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join