It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threads lately

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19679923]SkepticOverlord

Instead of making a thread about threads that suck, make a thread that doesn't suck.

Or is that too logical?

that post just officially ruined this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Bah! I'm in a mood today.

I think the migraine medication is helping. It makes me fuzzy, and occasionally, I like to cut loose and have a bit of fun.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Am I being overly nasty to people?

I didn't think I was, I make jokes and post memes, and i give stars and flags. Sometimes I give advice, etc.

I don't think so...did someone say you were? They probably say it about me too, and sometimes they'd be accurate. None of us are perfect, after all. But I've neither heard nor seen anything that would make me believe you were being nasty to anyone.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

My birthday is in September.

Well, hopefully it won't be apocalyptic...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: ketsuko

Wow, I guess I've got some catching up to do then. Hopefully, if the world does go to hell in the proverbial hand basket in September, we'll at least be killed by something epic. It would really suck to die of mediocre causes. Apocalyptic earthquakes would work nicely for that.

Well, if the world ends, we know how to blame it on ...

When you said birthday blow-out, no one had any idea how literal it was going to be.
edit on 10-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

that post just officially ruined this thread.

Everyone has their haters, even on up high.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Well, hopefully it won't be apocalyptic...

Well, the problem is ...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

a reply to: tigertatzen

A hundred points to tigertatzen!

I totally agree with you. I have held my tongue more often than not simply to avoid that!

I can't say that I've held mine (and I won't), but I have been a lot less enthusiastic about sharing things than I once was. Which is sad because I think now, more than ever, things really need to be shared and discussed...it just becomes soul-sucking after a while to be told you're crazy/stupid/uneducated/other slanderous remarks for being bold enough to talk about certain subjects...not a lot of people can stomach that kind of derision. We are far from being an enlightened race of beings, and it's largely due to that type of intolerance. Sad, but true.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've held my tongue on many occasions with positive results.

But you hold someone else's tongue just once and you're banned from Walmart for life!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Floored.

Awesome

edit on 8/10/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

My birthday was five days ago, so thankfully I didn't have the apocalypse hanging over me. Hmmm...too bad you can't just change your birthday to another month that's less end-of-the-world-ish...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I was under the impression that anything is acceptable under the roof of The Evil Empire...I mean, they have an entire website dedicated to those freaks...errr...folks..

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
< . 3 (so my post doesn't come up blank)

All I ever wanted was my thread moved from UFOs & Aliens to Jokes, Puns, and Pranks.

However, I 100% capitulate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8/10/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: r0xor
A lot of the threads lately have been kind of sucking IMO.

Here's an idea. And... oh, I don't know, maybe it's just too extreme or outright crazy to work... but at least it's an idea.

Instead of making a thread about threads that suck, make a thread that doesn't suck.

Or is that too logical?

Not illogical, but consider this.

I lurked for a long time before joining and remember threads of the "let's all research this and compile our findings" type, or "let's all find the missing thunderbird photo". Go back to some of those threads and you'll see what I'm talking about. I really miss the cooperation and encouragement between posters and it's what kept me coming back to this site for all those years.

What I see now almost every day are threads so typical of the polarization that has become the norm, such as the "I'm right, you're wrong and I'll prove it" type, whether the topic is politics, religion (especially religion), pretty much any topic anymore and somebody's going to get their undies in a bunch and get nasty. That does suck no matter how good the thread may have started out to be.
edit on 8/10/2015 by Cheddarhead because: fixed typo

edit on 8/10/2015 by Cheddarhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You shop at Walmart? I thought you were a classier form of rodent than that, are rabbits in the rodent family? Keeps your hands away from my tongue, I bite back.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

And what makes you decide to continue?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You know they have laxatives for that condition...if you want a thread moved I bet all you have to do is request a MOD to do so.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: Cheddarhead

And what makes you decide to continue?

You just proved my point.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You can blame identity politics. Gone are the days of dialectic. Gone are the days of disputation for its own sake. Now its either preaching to the choir or straight up heresy. I will side with the heresy.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Happy B-Day! The good news is that calendars really do not matter in the scheme of things. The Universe does not recognize our time frame the same way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join