It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby’s lives matter: Journalist questions abortion after PP videos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You are now comparing a human fetus to a hamster? (facepalm)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Explain how science is a factor at all in human life? Science "allows" abortion or vice versa....That's interesting

Well, to some people science IS "God" and if "God" says it's okay to do a "less-crunchy" killing, then "by god"...it's okay, because you know....a handful of scientists = God.

You shouldn't have went there with him....Now it's a religious debate....Thanks for that

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: queenofswords

Hey YOU are the one who brought science into this discussion, NOT me. Now that I showed you that you are full of #, you become all snippy and pretend like I'm worshiping science or something.

Like I said, "You don't know science and shouldn't be speaking about it."

I know this wasn't directed at me but your "scientific" reasoning is pro-choice....Is that really science or just law?

Actually I spelled out my reasoning rather clearly. Science shows that making abortions illegal doesn't result in reduced rates. So abortions should be legal.

Pro-choice is just a personal opinion, but a logical one. This allows one to be for a woman's right to choose but opt out of getting any abortions personally.

link   

It's frustrating being an outsider and seeing Americans debate. Religion always get brought into a conversation, religion and partisan politics. You can't have a decent debate, without bringing those two topics into a conversation debate that's not about those two loaded topics. Religion and partisan politics have nothing to do with abortion and neither should they

link   

Pro-choice lets you choice personally if you should have an abortion or not.

I have a hard time believing science "allows" us to kill a human.....But you do have pro-choice right? I feel bad for you all...And pray for you...Especially you Krazy! I know you need it brother!

Have fun with that.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hey YOU are the one who brought science into this discussion, NOT me. Now that I showed you that you are full of #, you become all snippy and pretend like I'm worshiping science or something.

Krazy...I know from your past posts you post from work. I assume you own your place of "work" because, if not, you sure do a lot of quick posting on company time. Maybe you're trying to avoid the boss and don't really have time to read carefully the context others post in and are just too much in a hurry to say something...anything. I used the term "real science" in a specific way regarding an emerging life. It had nothing to do with some bs "scientific" study in some country that shows abortion rates are higher where the "procedure" is illegal. Got it?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Krazy...I know from your past posts you post from work. I assume you own your place of "work" because, if not, you sure do a lot of quick posting on company time. Maybe you're trying to avoid the boss and don't really have time to read carefully the context others post in and are just too much in a hurry to say something...anything.

Red herring. But for your information, I work in IT sitting on a helpdesk for a medium sized company. If no issues are coming in, there is nothing for me to do. OR if I'm waiting for progress bars to finish, there is nothing for me to do. So mind your own business!

I used the term "real science" in a specific way regarding an emerging life. It had nothing to do with some bs "scientific" study in some country that shows abortion rates are higher where the "procedure" is illegal. Got it?

Exactly. Like I said you don't know science and shouldn't be speaking about it. Science isn't used to prove your point. It is used to find answers regardless of what you believe. You can't just use "science in a specific way" then disregard any other science that conflicts with your conclusion. That isn't science. That is confirmation bias.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Pro-choice lets you choice personally if you should have an abortion or not.

I have a hard time believing science "allows" us to kill a human.....But you do have pro-choice right? I feel bad for you all...And pray for you...Especially you Krazy! I know you need it brother!

Science has allowed us to see the baby in the womb. It has allowed us to see it's beating heart. Science has also allowed us to see the baby in the womb try to resist the abortionist's forceps coming in to crush it's skull.
They feel fear and pain during abortions...and science has allowed us this window into their world

I, too, will pray for Krazyshot.
edit on 10-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I know this wasn't directed at me but your "scientific" reasoning is pro-choice....Is that really science or just law?

Actually I spelled out my reasoning rather clearly. Science shows that making abortions illegal doesn't result in reduced rates. So abortions should be legal.

Pro-choice is just a personal opinion, but a logical one. This allows one to be for a woman's right to choose but opt out of getting any abortions personally.

You know I don't read your long "scientific" garbage....lol.....How is law science? Again you are saying making abortions illegal doesn't result in reduced rates....That doesn't sound like science to me...Sounds like LAW and statistics unless I am mistaking Law with Science now somehow?
edit on 8/10/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You are now comparing a human fetus to a hamster? (facepalm)

You get me all wrong.

Some people on this thread think that a 16 week old fetus is disposable.

I was trying to point out that it feels pain.

It does not actually feel pain like we as adults do,
with a little less awareness. That is what science
has shown us. They feel pain on the level one
would find pain experienced by kittens, puppies,
hamsters, guinea pigs, little animals.

However, to get graphic,
would the abortion supporters
support a hamster being cut up alive
without anesthesia for research?
That is what is done to babies in the womb
during many abortions, they cut of their
limbs without anesthesia, which kills them,
and then remove the parts.

Would the abortion supporters
support a guinea pig having it's skull crushed
while alive for research?
That is what is done to babies in the womb
during many abortions, they crush their
skulls without anesthesia, which kills them.

I was trying not to get gruesome,
but to try and help some people see
that most abortion supporters
would be in abject horror at
a kitten, a puppy, a hamster, a guinea pig
being cut up alive without anesthesia,
or having their skulls crushed while alive,
but have no problem with doing it
to tiny humans in the womb.

You see many if not most pro abortion people
have no problem with these things
happening to tiny humans in the womb,
but they are horrified at the thought of the
exact same thing done to tiny animals.
I was pointing out the inconsistency of their
thought processes.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I have a feeling you are definitely no scientist. But....you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

jk...you can think what you like. I stand by my words.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I never said that I was a scientist, so again a red herring. That doesn't mean I can't know how to perform actual science though.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Oh no I got ya.....But I would like to see how that translates to humans....How in the hell do we know how much pain a fetus is in? The best thing is to let that little angel be born and let life take place from there....We could have killed 1,000 of the greatest minds to ever walk the Earth because of this garbage!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You know I don't read your long "scientific" garbage....lol.....How is law science? Again you are saying making abortions illegal doesn't result in reduced rates....That doesn't sound like science to me...Sounds like LAW and statistics unless I am mistaking Law with Science now somehow?

Well if you aren't going to read what I type then I'm not going to respond to you anymore. That's just rude and I'd rather not repeat myself 1000 times.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I only asked once....Oh well round and round we go...

You won't be able to prove science to me with law or stats...Unless that is the new "standard" of your science crap you believe in...lol

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I don't care. We're done. You've already admitted that you won't even consider my side of the argument so I might as well be talking to a wall at this point.

But in case you come back around to being open minded again, Statistics and math in general is a tool that scientists use to show things.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

We could have killed 1,000 of the greatest minds to ever walk the Earth because of this garbage!

Odds are....out of over 60 million abortions, we most probably have killed 1,000's of great minds, future scientists, doctors, with a high probability we've killed some Martin Luther Kings and Mother Teresa's, as well.

Sadly, the world will never know how great it's loss.
edit on 10-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
a reply to: Willtell

Hey, I think the link in your OP in busted. I would like to add a comment though.

A couple of things are left out of the Planned Parenthood dialogue. A important one, in my opinion, is birth control. Ever heard of Ovarian Cysts?

About 8% of premenopausal women develop large cysts that need treatment.1 source

Do you know how they treat this cysts? Hormone therapy using birth control pills. Ever try to buy Birth control without insurance? It's around $150 a packet, which is about a month's worth. If you go through Planned Parenthood, $100 can get you an entire years worth of birth control.

Abortions are just a small fraction of the service Planned Parenthood provides.... Just sayin.

From the article, it looks like the money was not going to be taken away from women's health services, just from PP.

And in the Senate, a bill to defund Planned Parenthood and transfer the $500 million in federal funds it receives annually to women's health clinics and other organizations was defeated when it failed to get the 60 votes needed to achieve cloture and move to a vote. Within hours of the defeat, supporters of Planned Parenthood sent out emails urging donors to “stand with” the organization in a craven attempt to use the failed vote to generate even more money in fundraising.

After all this, I still consider myself pro-choice, as I have for the last 30 years. I staked out this position during my freshmen year in college. Even then, I understood the abortion debate was a tug-of-war between competing rights—those of the mother versus those of an unborn baby. I sided with the mother. And I tried not to think about the baby.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Oh no I got ya.....But I would like to see how that translates to humans....How in the hell do we know how much pain a fetus is in? The best thing is to let that little angel be born and let life take place from there....We could have killed 1,000 of the greatest minds to ever walk the Earth because of this garbage!

If you actually want to try and change the minds of
pro-abortion people,
one has to use language they understand,
concepts they understand,
even and espcially shocking concepts they can grasp
and understand the comparisons.

Simply ranting at them gets you nowhere.
Many of them refuse to debate me anymore
simply because I know my science,
I know the numbers and have proven
from pro-abortion sources that late
term abortions are not rare as they claim.

By just ranting and insulting people you get nowhere.
I respect your feelings,
but know that I am on your side.

And yes, we know that the fetal brain before 24
weeks is underdeveloped and they do feel pain
but at an awareness level closer to a kitten
(doesn't that make people understand -
would even the hardest of hearted pro-abortionists
support tearing a live kitten limb from limb
with no anesthesia - I doubt it) I don't think
even Krazy would support tearing off the limbs
of a kitten or puppy or hamster while they were
alive and with no anesthesia
or crushing their skulls while they are alive
for research purposes,
even she/he would be appalled.

Your replies come off as quite harsh
and quite hateful and do nothing to
point out the terror and horror
that is happening. They so far
have only served to alienate even me.
And believe me I am basically on your side.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I don't care. We're done. You've already admitted that you won't even consider my side of the argument so I might as well be talking to a wall at this point.

But in case you come back around to being open minded again, Statistics and math in general is a tool that scientists use to show things.

Brother we are talking to a wall each time we get into it....I find it more fun now than before! We are cyclical.....God wants me to do something with you....lol...sorry buddy had to

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join