It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does this mean ~ On a member post in a thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I was just in a thread and a member had this little sqiggly line lookingthingy ~ and I was curious why? is that what happens when someone decides to end their account? I tried to see what other OP's they had and there was nothing under the profile box either, could someone enlighten me?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

It means they were banned. I remember my squiggly lines.

I believe that happens when you get post banned (that's the worst I've gotten) or when you're ban banned.
edit on 1020150820151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Wow. Just like that, I didn't see anything in the OP that led me to believe they were banned, just some thread drift issue, do they ban you for thread drift? They were always pleasant to me, dang it. I hope they can work it out, maybe it was one of those time out bans, is that possible?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

You get the same sqiggly lines for a post ban? Wouldn't they still be allowed to have a profile for people to read, can they get private messages still if I want to reach out?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

Wow. Just like that, I didn't see anything in the OP that led me to believe they were banned, just some thread drift issue, do they ban you for thread drift? They were always pleasant to me, dang it. I hope they can work it out, maybe it was one of those time out bans, is that possible?

It's possible. I don't think they ban for thread drift. I'm a bit talkative myself & probably would've been temporarily banned a long time ago for it if they did. Then again, I regularly take 3-7 days off from here, so maybe I've been temporarily banned before but didn't know it?

Anyway, if they were banned, it may have been for something completely different from the thread you were reading. For instance, it could've been a violation of the site rules or for something said in a different thread. Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Perhaps he told how ATS makes money, they are hyper sensitive about that and close threads that hint about it. Also they want to keep there pay masters happy so many threads get closed that might offend those why pay there wages

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

...and on that ludicrous note...

The squiggle, like Domo says, is for banned accounts. Not post-banned, completely banned.

Question answered and thread closed.

top topics

join