It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Arkansas Judge Voids Ban on Gay Foster Parents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
An judge in Arkansas has struck down a state Child Welfare Agency Review board rule banning placement of children with gay foster parents. The case brought to trial by the ACLU argued that the law violated the guarantee of equal protection for gays. The Judge agree and ruled that the policy was unconstitutional.

story.news.yahoo.com
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - An Arkansas judge Wednesday declared unconstitutional a state ban on placing foster children in any household with a gay member.

Ruling in a case brought by the Arkansas chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, Pulaski County Circuit Judge Timothy Fox said the state Child Welfare Agency Review board had overstepped its authority by trying to regulate "public morality."

At issue was a 1999 board regulation that said gays cannot become foster parents, and foster children cannot be placed in any home with a gay member under its roof.

The ACLU had argued that the regulation violates the equal-protection rights of gays. But the judge's ruling did not turn on that argument.

While acknowledging that the ban was discriminatory against gays, Fox said that homosexuals are not recognized under the law as a "suspect class," as women and racial minorities are.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Given the lack of qualified foster parents out there, this is a good ruling. The simple fact is that there is no evidence that gay parents, foster or otherwise, lead to gay children. If the parents meet the requirements as set forth by the state and can provide a safe, loving home for children, then why not?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I totaly agree with you Fred

It appears they have a very intelligent caring judge in Arkansas.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

We are not as backwards as most would like to paint us. Most guys around here couldn't care less about two guys hooking up, we figure that leaves more women for the rest of us.

Before drug laws became federally mandated and arresting growers became BIG MONEY drug laws were pretty much Ignored around here and we were usually fairly tolerant of others at the lower levels if not always at the State level.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

More like an infrasexual judge.

I feel sorry for a kid who has to grow up in that kind of atmosphere.

While acknowledging that the ban was discriminatory against gays, Fox said that homosexuals are not recognized under the law as a "suspect class," as women and racial minorities are.

What?!?

So Woman, the Mother of Civilization, and "racial minorities"(whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) are a "suspect class" according to AmeriKKKa's laws; yet degenerates with savage sexual habits aren't?

What a sad, sad state this "humanity" is in; when The Divine Mother and The Original Man are considered "suspect", yet many of our leaders see no problem with infrasexuals of a very malignant type raising children.

The sad thing is, that the ones who do see a problem with this, do; not because they are balanced people but because they're usually rednecks or "religious" fanatics of some sort.

This is why I say forget the Devils laws, and go with the Laws of MAAT(Universal Law).

Ironically, these woman hating devils use a representation of Maat(a woman) for their "Justice" system.

I'm not debating on whether or not 'The Laws of the Land' should decide if homosexuals can or can not raise children; but that those who control our society should teach to the masses the reasons why said behaviour is destructive. Unfortunately, the educational system is designed only for the purpose of brainwashing and now turning people into corporate zombies.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's a terrible ruling. The lack of foster homes is not the problem. The problem is the number of children coming into custody. The crimes commited against children in the name of child welfare are among the saddest tales in America, from indescriminate drugging, to separation of siblings and the placement of children in the homes of single individuals and same-sex couples.

The foster care system is the second most broken thing about America behind the family.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Yeah it must be hell. A qualified loving set of parents that keep you safe and secure, and provide a nuturing environemnt that allows those kids to grow up as normal productive members of society and maybe just maybe break the perpetual cycle of abuse some of the kids grow up into.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It's a terrible ruling. The lack of foster homes is not the problem. The problem is the number of children coming into custody.

Yes, but untill they can fix the problem the foster system is needed. Recently in the Bay Area the embarked on a program that established a hotel like arrangement where the foster children lived in kind of like a assisted living arrangement and kept siblings together and the foster parents visited them there.

However, It seems to transient for me.

However, how exactly is it a terrible ruling given that there is a need for foster parents?

[edit on 12/29/04 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Yeah it must be hell. A qualified loving set of parents that keep you safe and secure, and provide a nuturing environemnt that allows those kids to grow up as normal productive members of society and maybe just maybe break the perpetual cycle of abuse some of the kids grow up into.

:shk:

Of course straight parents who are abusive aren't excused; but a homosexual household by it's very nature couldn't be a positive environment for a child.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Of course straight parents who are abusive aren't excused; but a homosexual household by it's very nature couldn't be a positive environment for a child

What science are you basing this on? Simply put there is no real evidence that a same sex household is any better or any worse that a traditional one. But hey if you just want to throw them into an orphange and hope they turn out, I feel sorry for you :shk:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I support doing things that make it easier for people to care for unwanted children, there are too many in the system now, and ANY reasonable-non abusive home would be better than an orphanage or being rised by the state...
BUT
I see wher yet another issue has been seemingly HIJACKED by the pro gay agenda people to turn it into an issue of gay bashing/rights.

The issue is getting unwanted kids off the streets, out of being raised by the state, and hopefully a stable nuturing environment.
SO
trying to twist this into a gay rights issue seems to be the LESSER of the 2 issues here. Children getting good homes takes priority, gay or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

What science are you basing this on?

The Science of Life(Gnosis in Greek).

Simply put there is no real evidence that a same sex household is any better or any worse that a traditional one.

We could sit here all night and argue this 'til were both blue in the face(looks like you already are ), but I'm not about to though.

But hey if you just want to throw them into an orphange and hope they turn out, I feel sorry for you :shk:

What would be best, is if people would learn how to stop fornicating; for obvious related reasons.

Four Noble Truths: Legend has it that the first teaching of the Buddha Shakyamuni revealed Four Truths to humanity. He said, "It is through not understanding, not realizing four things, that I, Disciples, as well as you, had to wander so long through this round of rebirths. And what are these four things? They are the Noble Truth of Suffering, the Noble Truth of the Origin of Suffering, the Noble Truth of the Extinction of Suffering, the Noble Truth of the Path that leads to the Extinction of Suffering." Vast teachings have been given expressing the nature of these Four Noble Truths; but perhaps none have been as direct as this short expression from The Aquarian Message by Samael Aun Weor:

First Truth: To have absolute consciousness of pain and bitterness.

Second Truth: Pain is the child of fornication, and whosoever spills the semen (reaches the orgasm) is a fornicator. This is a tremendous Truth!

Third Truth: We have an I that must be decapitated and dissolved in order to incarnate the Verb, the Christ.

Fourth Truth: We can only decapitate and dissolve the prince of this world, the I, with the Arcanum A.Z.F.(White Tantrism).

But, of course the intellectual-animal mistakenly called Man is too stiff-necked, and the destruction of this so-called humanity seems imminent.

Peace

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think the word we are looking for is "Alrighty then" :shk:

God you sound like a bad Sunday school class, long on rhetoric and oh so short on any truths or facts.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

But, of course the intellectual-animal mistakenly called Man is too stiff-necked, and the destruction of of this so-called humanity seems imminent.

And following a book that is based on half-truths about history and outright myth, will help us survive as a species. Yeah right

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

But, of course the intellectual-animal mistakenly called Man is too stiff-necked, and the destruction of of this so-called humanity seems imminent.

And following a book that is based on half-truths about history and outright myth, will help us survive as a species. Yeah right

Which book?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Whatever passeage you quoted in the above post without giving a link (which is against the T&C of the site BTW.)

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Whatever passeage you quoted in the above post without giving a link (which is against the T&C of the site BTW.)

I provided a link.

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I always get an amusing chuckle listening to the homophobes complain about how "BAD" homosexuality is, especially for the people who have to be exposed to it, but these same people don't even know anything about it.

Hey! Did you know that ALL gays are nothing but a bunch of sexually discouraged serial rapists with nothing better to do than find any hole they can get their hands on, so they can stick it in as fast as possible!? ALL THE WHILE, they're hiding out in the woods, putting babies on spikes in thier crazy, evil little gay demon ritual??? OMG! >>heck, I know straight people like THAT!

Myth: Gay people just wanna run around and have sex with everyone.
Fact: There are those who hold fast to monogamous relationships, just as there are those who hop from bed to bed with the frequency of a cheap ham radio. Sound familiar? Straight people have fallen into one of those two categories ever since humankind found out that doing it with someone else is more fun than doing it yourself!

Fine, it's gross. At least in my mind. Because I don't like men. Gay men think I'm gross, because I like women. But they don't run around talking about what a sicko I am. So who's right? "Well, the BIBLE says it's wrong!" Yeah, the Bible says a lot of things, and I wasn't standing over anyone's shoulder when it was written, so who knows. And besides, why has it not occurred to the fundamentalists that not everyone believes in what they believe? If you've got a problem with that, you don't belong in America. That's why this country was founded in the first place. (In case you're wondering, I consider myself to be Christian...and that involves loving and respecting everyone, not excluding. You can't bring a person to the faith, by beating them over the head with yours.) Hmmm, if you really think about it, you know what religion looks like to those outside of it? It's sitting around, and arguing about who has the coolest imaginary friend. Now, because it looks like that, imagine how it's perceived when you sit there and preach it to death.

At least you know the gay ones aren't who's creating all these foster kids!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Its interesting that most people believe that marriage is good for our society and a child growing up with nurturing and caring parents is good for our society. Yet our fear of homosexuality forces us to rather see children homeless rather than see them grow up with loving parents simply because of their sexual orientation. Did you know that gay couples who have children are proportionally more likely to stay together and keep a loving atmosphere in their home than heterosexual couples? Apparently, monogamy, marriage and having a family are more cherished to gay families than heterosexual ones because society makes it so difficult for them to obtain them. Check out the astonding divorce rates of heterosexual couples. Surely that can't be good for a child.

I am pleased to hear that an Arkansas judge can see beyond the immediate fear and loathing some have of homosexuals.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Please adhere to the T&C of the site. More to the point, ATSNN is subject to a strict moderation with low tolerance for off topic and one line replies.

Thanks
FredT

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join