It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If You Suddenly Had a Check for 750k?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here you go:
www.hillaryclinton.com...

The poor dear is "dead broke" and needs lots of help.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Take all of ATS to Disneyland for some mid summer action on the
spinning tea cups and Mr. Toads wild ride and buy everyone a
flag.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I would travel the world and see how many women I could get pregnant, then I would run home to the states and not take any responsibility what so ever.

im doing the exact opposite

knockem up in the u.s. and then run to mexico or where ever

i only say this because i think american ladies are the hottest and i dont want any ugly babies

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Japanese women are the easiest. The Filipino women want mixed race babies and will practicly pay you for your services if you're Caucasian I heard.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Japanese women are the easiest. The Filipino women want mixed race babies and will practicly pay you for your services if you're Caucasian I heard.

it could go either way . and just because im in the u.s. wont mean they arnt mixed

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It happened to me too, that's why I was asking a hypothetical question in a thread I posted yesterday.

I didn't get nearly as much a Metal though.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

White women like mixed babies too, it's pretty much a guarantee you wont have a ugly baby or so I am told.
edit on 9-8-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

The Filipino women want mixed race babies and will practicly pay you for your services if you're Caucasian I heard.

So that's why Art Bell went to the Phillipines!
edit on Rpm80915v43201500000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That's exactly what I thought when I heard he left.

You know he's a ol' dirty bird for sure.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'd give it all to my parents as they paid quite a it for my school both high school and college. I can work for quite a while but I know they are getting up there and will probably need help.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So when do I get my check?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

I would travel the world and see how many women I could get pregnant, then I would run home to the states and not take any responsibility what so ever.

i only say this because i think american ladies are the hottest and i dont want any ugly babies

Little revenge for the guy who pulled that one on you?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

First, Every single person that said give it to donations, or do something stupid is an asshole. THIS IS YOUR INHERITANCE!. Do you realize what that mean. That means that your mother God rest her soul, Worked, busted her ass, scrimped and saved to get that money. Do you assume you mother was an Asshole and never Gave back? OF COURSE not! Your mother gave you that money to give herself a legacy, through you and your sister. So what is the legacy that you want your mother to be remembered for. their is no better legacy then a legacy of building your family.

So college for your kids, Assume it with cost around 200k per child, so if 2 children assume 400k. Next, someone above talked about inheritance tax. Assume, around 10%, It actually isnt anywhere near that, and you should probably contact an attorney to handle the estate. Issues that need to resolve. First, if your mother used any Medicare or Medicaid, All bills for the last 7 years need paid back, (another reason to have an attorney.) If the amount she left you was from life insurance, then that changes things, and the amount is not deductable from medicare. State aid depends on your state however, (get an attorney). Next, you need to deal with the estate. A beneficiary, no money may be disbursed till all debt is settled. (again, get an attorney).

Lastly. After all the money has been settled, the estate is closed, and you know exactly what you have. Your childrens college fund can go to a 529 plan. This will allow it to grow tax free, and be disbused tax free. Next, Depending on your again, I would start a acct with T Rowe Price, or some such firm that lets you make purchases of funds or stocks for 5 dollars per transaction. What this does is lower your maintence fee. Further with investing like that, vs a 401k, in the even of an emergency, with can withdraw without penalty. a IRA, and a 401k will hammer you with early withdrawal. Next, remember first if you invest this way 2 things. The first is that capital gains if 15% not 33% which is the typical income bracket. Next, Follow, follow, follow the morning star rating. look for funds that have a high 1, 3, 5, and 15 year morning star rating. these funds are very well managed and will give you a good return. My father, taught me how to invest this way, you can setup fake accounts for investing in several places so you can learn. Prior to investing, through the money in a 6 month cd. 150k each.

Hope that helps you get started. I wish you and your family the best, and hope you invest wisely with your new found fortune.

Camain

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
In the wise words of Bender, 'hookers and blow!'

Seriously though, I ended up with a similar amount of money over ten years ago, I had to use it to be my income for the rest of my life.
At first, things were good, nice return from term deposits etc. That is now kaput.
I spent about half on a house, and the remainder I've been living with the bank interest rates which puts me well below poverty line. The last couple of years though I've been having to raid extra out of the capital, which means even less interest the following month.
So, I'm basically stuffed now in a few more years I'd estimate it will all be gone.

So, if I could rewind time what would I have done?
1. Buy house with room for extra garages.
2. Purchase classic cars that were cool when I was a kid. 60s/70s/80s type stuff.
3. wait

Out of gold/stock market/banks, to me it seems that cars are the one thing which has a pretty safe upwards trend in value. As long as the cars are relatively rare!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

Every single person that said give it to donations, or do something stupid is an asshole. THIS IS YOUR INHERITANCE!. Do you realize what that mean. That means that your mother God rest her soul, Worked, busted her ass, scrimped and saved to get that money.

My Mom was no work'n girl Pal she was a domestic technician.
Now were both ass####s.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain
First, Every single person that said give it to donations, or do something stupid is an asshole.

Now that you have insulted everyone, let me point out the fact that the question is: what would you do with the money? Not what should I do with the money.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Wait wha, I was insulted? Wha when?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

For Real ? Ah , Buy alot of Weed and Beer , then Move to the Solomon Islands and Chill on the Beaches there.....

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
10% tithe, then pay off debts. Stock away retirement and college fund. Then take stock after that.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: Another_Nut

Little revenge for the guy who pulled that one on you?

buddy my good looks are the only thing my father left me before he died when i was 16. its its those looks that allow me to impregnate all those girls you cant have

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join