It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Program on History Channel " Missing in Alaska"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Don't forget the people who choose to go "missing". There was a time in my life when I wanted to disappear for a long time for mental & spiritual reasons. Alaska would be a great place for that because nobody would ever find you if you did it correctly (they wouldn't find you if you screwed up, either lol).

As for the OP: I've lost all faith in the History Channel. When I was young, it was one of my favorite channels. They used to show these incredible war documentaries (one of Napoleon was my favorite). Now they're just about ratings, whether the content is real or not. "Ancient Aliens" was probably the final straw for me, so I'm not surprised this show is sensationalized crap as well.

Cracked.com did a pretty good explanation of the History Channel & why it's turned to crap. www.cracked.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

creepy movie.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the reminder as I haven't had a chance to heck it out yet.

Overall, ya gotta weed through the BS of these cable shows though. If you can now days. They used to be good info for people unfamiliar with topics. Now it's just ratings and sensational grabs and, of course, untruths of the topic.

This missing person phenomena of Alaska isn't limited to possible Bigfoot, UFOS, to the "triangle" or even wildlife and not knowing the territory. B.C. Canada has the "Highway of Tears ". Would bet on similar incidences,some involving abduction and murder, to those disappearances happen. There's a saying in the forests of the Pac NW, "When the snow melts the bones come out."
edit on 10-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ken Gerhard is one of the "good ones" in Cryptozoology. UFOs and Aliens aren't really his forte or strong point. I'll say with confidence that Ken wouldn't take part in this show if it was a mockumentary ala Mountain Monsters.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: Answer

Definitely a lost opportunity. Even if all the causes of the disappearances were "natural" or environmental it would still make for interesting TV without the sensationalism.

History should rebrand themselves to Aliens, Aliens, Aliens, ALIENS...and sometimes bigfoot.

Fixed that for you...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

History should rebrand themselves to Aliens, Aliens, Aliens, ALIENS

People eat it up is why. Anyone "curious" about unexplained phenomena will eat shows like this up and apparently, there are plenty of people out there that are curious.

History isn't the only channel. Destination America is choke full of Hauntings and Cryptozoology style shows. Even Animal Planet is getting in on the unexplained action and NATGEO as well. Every single week, you'll find a show like these on those channels, usually running marathons of them.

The History channel is far from being the only "guilty" station about this. Its spreading all over cable TV honestly.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Too bad that movie was totally fake. My mom recognized one of the "real" patients as a local actress.

Good catch! I thought I was missing something.

a reply to: Bloodydagger

Too true. TLC, while still being reality heavy, used to actually show some half decent stuff like Trauma: Life in the ER. A&E was my favourite station growing up because I loved watching their biography programs and now it's all Duck Dynasty.

I take greater offense to History Channel because it used to be quite educational and now it is like someone fell asleep at the helm. Now people watch Ancient Aliens and take it as definitive and/or fact. I spent over an hour with my mom yesterday explaining how the Mayan Rocket Man is not a rocket man at all but a common depiction of the Tree of Life. Not saying that every example from AA is wrong... just a majority of them.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
It's mostly stupid people that are not prepared to go in the woods and have absolutely zero talents or skills with no resources,it's not aliens just unpreparedness

I would also imagine a lot of crime. You get a lot of gold and diamonds in a place without too many police, and people are going to "disappear."

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

There was a movie made about people going missing in Alaska called "the 4th Kind." It was supposedly taken from true events and had some actual "video clips" of a UFO or abduction encounter. There was a little girl who was supposedly abducted, and was never heard of again. I don't know if this film was labeled to be non-fiction to attract movie goers, or it was the real deal.

It was pure fiction. Terrible movie, ridiculous plot, made no effort to accurately depict any abduction case. The fact that they tried to push it as real smacks of disinformation. A new low point in alien films.
Mars Attacks was more accurate.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The trend airing fake documentaries is unethical.
I notice people younger then me, are taking for granted that everything on Tv is fake now. Even when it is not. So, they dont look at it anymore. I quit the Animal planet after they start airing programs like "mermaids", monsters and what not. I do not know anymore when a documentary is fake, so assume all may be. So i quit it.
No journalistic ethical standards anymore for sure.
This is trhe bar owner who increase his sales by adding water in the beer to sell more. Very quickly mo one came anymore.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join