It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe is one country!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Im getting pissed how some American posters on ATS (namely the fox "news" fanbois) seem to think Europe is one big uniform country with the same standards of living, debt, poverty, econoimics and politics.

IT NOT!

There are around 50 separate country's all of which are vastly different!

Pick up a GD geography book for once in your enclosed little worlds!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Uh yeah, I hear ya. People are stupid.
But I'm pretty sure stupid fits both demographics
edit on 9-8-2015 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I feel your pain. It's like how some people think all Indigenous American nations are the same but all are different. For example, the Navajo nation is different from the Tlingits or Cherokees and their needs are different, as well.
It's also like how some Europeans believe that all of the states in America are the same but each is different. See the differences in Hawaii or Nevada to Alaska, for example.
edit on 9-8-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hahaha!
It's from a nation where only a 3rd of the populace hold passports, what do you expect.
I get more annoyed by Europeans who say "I'm a European citizen" no such thing thank #, I'm a British citizen who is voting out of the EU next year.

It does make me chuckle the lack of knowledge about geography though, I was taught all the US states at school, as well as all the European nations.

Good short little rant

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What a burden it must be, to be so much smarter than everyone else and to have to point your superiority out to anyone who may not be aware.

edit on 8/9/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
What a burden it must be, to be so much smarter than everyone else and to have to point your superiority out to everyone who may not be aware.

Its simple geography

You dont even have to have a IQ in triple digits to work it out.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Too lazy to Google is all.
No excuse these days, but still you see uniformed ridiculous comments on forums all over the internet.
NthOther is just bleating for lazy people.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I think we need to start by explaining how England is not Great Britain and then move on from there.....

Now I think I will watch some Major League Soccer and see how the colonials have been adapting to football that is actually played with the foot

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Haha that is another good one, I can't believe people are still so uneducated to call the UK England all the time.
Even worse is the folk who say that Scots are not Brits.
Pathetic, but I'll keep on chipping away with 'UK' everytime, they'll get it one day.
edit on 9.8.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think a lot of people don't have a clue about the size difference between European countries and the United States either.
Hurricane Katrina was as big as France. And I'm not saying France is small.
Just shows us how our schools are dropping the ball.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

What a burden it must be, to be so much smarter than everyone else and to have to point your superiority out to everyone who may not be aware.

Its simple geography

You dont even have to have a IQ in triple digits to work it out.

My iQ is 33, is that triple digits?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Holland and Belgium, the low countries. Norway-Sweden-Finland~ Scandinavia. Czech/Germany/hungary/Austria etc Eastern Europe, Spain/Italy/Greece~ Mediterranean.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I feel your pain. It's like how some people think all Indigenous American nations are the same but all are different. For example, the Navajo nation is different from the Tlingits or Cherokees and their needs are different, as well.
It's also like how some Europeans believe that all of the states in America are the same but each is different. See the differences in Hawaii or Nevada to Alaska, for example.

I agree, the USA is kind of like another Europe. Each state in the US is kind of like its own country. State laws and federal laws are comparable to European laws and each European country's own laws. I think sometimes people forget just how big the US is, and also, people forget just how big Europe is.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Ya, Sarah Palin thought Africa is a country.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What a burden it must be, to be so much smarter than everyone else and to have to point your superiority out to anyone who may not be aware.

Well we are British....

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Im getting pissed how some American posters on ATS

Well we could do the same. America is not just the United States. South America? Central America? Not all one country either.
edit on 8/9/2015 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why is it i sense a great 4chan eu v's usa s--t storm a brewing with meme's and pictures of eagles/people of walmart and fat liverpool supporting women etc

Let battle commence

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

In fact its not about pointing out my "superiority" but to point out a vital fact to certain ignorant people who like to comment about Europe without having a clue on what they are talking about!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: digitalbluco

Im getting pissed how some American posters on ATS

Well we could do the same. America is not just the United States. South America? Central America? Not all one country either.

And I recognize that fact.

I would not insult Canada by lumping it with the US of A

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Well basically the USA's real gateway into Europe will always be us British both through politics and our close relationship...If country's were people I think we would be having a affair with each other
while you're married to China
edit on 9-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join