It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Very Concerned About The 1500-year-old Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Nothing new, its really a very old conspiracy.

en.wikipedia.org...

The copies of the said gospel are available in fact I myself looked into it long ago. One of its claims is:

Then said the priest: "How shall the Messiah be called?" [Jesus answered] "Muhammed is his blessed name".

—Chapter 97[53]
and

Jesus confessed, and said the truth: "I am not the Messiah."

—42:2[54]

Funny thing is even Quran consider Jesus as the Messiah so go figure!
edit on 9-8-2015 by Unlettered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Roman execution records - I can believe. However, a record of the execution of one Jesus of Nazarath - I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Every few years or so, someone 'finds' one of these 'Bibles' and tries their hardest to discredit the Son of God. Just another trick by the Enemy of Man, and one that works too, judging from the responses in this thread. What some people need to realize, is that the Bible has been rewritten a few times in the past, by people who had less-than-noble motives. Islam has rewritten the Bible a few times, the Vatican a few times, etc. Stick with the KJV, and you won't have any problems.
For all those who claim they never believed the Bible, well that sounds like a personal problem. Jesus is always there, you just have to want to know Him. If you don't, that's your choice as well, but then I have to wonder why your participating in a thread about Him? People's mouths say one thing, but their spirit says another.

I love all y'all, God bless.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Kapusta

This is incorrect. The idea of Jesus being the "son" of god is an Idea that started as differing sects started to emerge in Christianity .

If Jesus was the "son of god" then who is Adam ? who is eve? Who are we ? in relation to god ?

The correct understanding of Jesus roll is that he was an extension of god himself . This is the rightful understanding of the trinity .

Example , you have the "god head" then you Have a left and right extension of that , The holy spirit and Jesus. Both of whom are a part of god and representatives of god.

Well actually we ALL are sons and daughters of God. Same principle applies to Jesus except he was not conceived by sex though. ALso in that BArnabus claim it also calls Adam Muhammed correct? Adam and eve were who they were. God wanted them to multiply and eventually populate this world. Im sure God could also see their futures as well laid out before him as a book. H eknew their decendants would be mary and joseph one day.
As for Jesus was blessed with the holy spirit correct? Why coudnt he also be as you say as well? HE was both man and extension of God right?

I have never heard such a claim as adam being referred to as Muhammad.

According to christian doctrine jesus was man and an exstention of god him self .

My belief is simple really, is that jesus uptaind prophethood. After all he was a representitive of God.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Kapusta

Well of course it would be to a Muslim. Islam claims that Christ was not divine in any way, merely another prophet.

Umm , uptaining prophethood would be devine. Therefore jesus was devine.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

God's AVATAR as it were.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This is nothing new.

The "Gnostic" writings have been known for centuries.

www.faithdefenders.com...

l. The Early Christian Church rejected various fake gospels produced by a Greek mystery religion called Gnosticism which attempted to absorb Christianity. The Apostle Paul attacked Gnosticism directly in Colossians while John attacked it in I and II John and Revelation. Every subsequent Church Father and council attacked the Gnostics. At no point did the Christian Church accept Gnosticism.

2. The Gnostics denied the existence of the Biblical personal/infinite God, monotheism, the Trinity and that Jesus was human and divine. They even denied that He was Christ! Jesus, to them, was simply a link in the chain of Being. They also denied Jesus died for our sins and His bodily resurrection. The Gnostics rejected the Old Testament and New Testament and drew upon Eastern ideas such as Reincarnation and pantheism.

3. While the New Testament began within ten to fifteen years of the death of Jesus (A.D. 33) and we have a fragment of Mark which can be dated AD 50 and Luke AD 57, the vast majority of the Gnostic gospels were not written until late into the third and fourth centuries.

4. The Gnostics had a stronghold in Egypt and some fourth century manuscripts have been found in Nag Hammadi. These false gospels contained historical and literary blunders which reveal that they were not written in the first century.

Modern forms of Gnosticism attempt to discount the New Testament and appeal to the Nag Hammadi texts as "Lost Bibles". This is historically and theologically absurd. The attempt to identify Gnosticism as a part of Early Christianity is doomed to failure once it is understood that Gnosticism existed before Christianity appeared and that it tried to absorb all the religions it encountered. It was clearly denounced as "Anti-christ" by the Apostles and Church Fathers. It never represented Biblical or Historic Christianity. Since the Gnostic "gospels" attack the New Testament, it is obvious that the New Testament existed before them.
edit on 9-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

God's AVATAR as it were.

according to Christianity ......Indeed that would be correct sir

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This is incorrect. The idea of Jesus being the "son" of god is an Idea that started as differing sects started to emerge in Christianity .

If Jesus was the "son of god" then who is Adam ? who is eve? Who are we ? in relation to god ?

The correct understanding of Jesus roll is that he was an extension of god himself . This is the rightful understanding of the trinity .

Example , you have the "god head" then you Have a left and right extension of that , The holy spirit and Jesus. Both of whom are a part of god and representatives of god.

Well actually we ALL are sons and daughters of God. Same principle applies to Jesus except he was not conceived by sex though. ALso in that BArnabus claim it also calls Adam Muhammed correct? Adam and eve were who they were. God wanted them to multiply and eventually populate this world. Im sure God could also see their futures as well laid out before him as a book. H eknew their decendants would be mary and joseph one day.
As for Jesus was blessed with the holy spirit correct? Why coudnt he also be as you say as well? HE was both man and extension of God right?

According to christian doctrine jesus was man and an exstention of god him self .

My belief is simple really, is that jesus uptaind prophethood. After all he was a representitive of God.

I went back to get the page i saw the Claim of muhammed being adam basically. Im thinking this is off bu till let you see it so you can comment and or clarify ok?

Link to sketchy claim

Still though i think"baranabus" is a forgery. Its almost the same in his description of muhammed being crucified but not to explain his resurrection. On that.. why would Muhammed had deliberatly fooled his own followers to him being crucified?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
one of the greatest lies ever told.
Not the lie you all think but a really clever lie made to unite the people of the time. unite or control.
Lets look at all the religions that include prophets or Jesus. The lie they are keeping from is not one of these sons of man/god or alien won anything. Jesus lost the battle between good and evil, his crucifixion saved no-one, (except maybe the thief to his left of the cross). The war against good and evil failed a 1000yrs later wth the crusades. It is time for the next war with good and evil and good will lose out again. It will lose because you all think we have already won.
I dare any religious person to prove that jesus was succesfull in his fight against evil. My proof is the world around you.
Open your eyes and break down denial. We are war with evil, we have never defeated it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

or.....................this was a bunch of made up crap used to control the people, promise good fortune only after they die, and comfort the poor so that they didn't violently revolt (as they had in the past) against the wealthy few.......

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

or.....................this was a bunch of made up crap used to control the people, promise good fortune only after they die, and comfort the poor so that they didn't violently revolt (as they had in the past) against the wealthy few.......

This can't be repeated enough times!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

HERES an unpopular question,doesn't THAT make Jesus extraterrestrial then?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I see no one bothered to check the FIRST one i linked. the second one I even said is Shady in its link didnt i?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Everyone is missing the hugely obvious here - the book is 1500 years old I.e. it dates 500 years after Christ.

It's probably where Islam got it's ideas about Jesus from, but in reality it is just another 'version' of Christ's story that was not officially accepted in the time it was written either.

If it were, it would be in the new testament. I'd say at a guess the Vatican us concerned because of the ancient aliens slant this 'new' Gospel takes.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

And I was talking about your first link, hence why the post you are responding to is before you posted that second link.

You know since you posted the second link on page two and my post is on page one.
Simple stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

HERES an unpopular question,doesn't THAT make Jesus extraterrestrial then?

ex·tra·ter·res·tri·al
ˌekstrətəˈrestrēəl/
adjective
adjective: extraterrestrial; adjective: extra-terrestrial

of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere.
"searches for extraterrestrial intelligence"

noun
noun: extraterrestrial; plural noun: extraterrestrials; noun: extra-terrestrial; plural noun: extra-terrestrials

a hypothetical or fictional being from outer space, especially an intelligent one.

If heaven is outside the earth then i would suppose so ?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

if you have evidence to support this then i will be willing to entertain the idea.

Every creation has a creator .

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Barnabus even contradicts part of th equ ran. see my link.

It does and besides according to the quran Jesus was a trickster and let someone else suffer the whipping, the spitting and the scorn in his place and i cant see that as being realistic.

This is different in that it claims Jesus was was not necessarily weak and prone to letting someone suffer in his place but it is still supernatural. Thing here is it is too late in the game.
edit on 9-8-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I went back to get the page i saw the Claim of muhammed being adam basically. Im thinking this is off bu till let you see it so you can comment and or clarify ok?

Link to sketchy claim

Still though i think"baranabus" is a forgery. Its almost the same in his description of muhammed being crucified but not to explain his resurrection. On that.. why would Muhammed had deliberatly fooled his own followers to him being crucified?

I cannot confirm this to be true ,even as a Muslim my self I haven't herd of this . If this were it would contradict the Qur'an ( which is the word of god) and it would contradict Christianity .

Muhammad's body still exists today in a grave in Saudi Arabia, so do his belongings , Muslims did a very goo job of recording his life and preserving him and his companions even after death.

This means his birth was recorded and his death was recorded . Muhammad, in full Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim (born 570, Mecca, Arabia [now in Saudi Arabia]—died June 8, 632, Medina), founder of the religion of Islam, accepted by Muslims throughout the world as the last of the prophets of God.

He was not crucified he died from being poisoned by a jew.

go figure eh ? jews tried to kill jesus and Muhammad both of whom were prophets of god.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join