It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#AllLivesMatter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: nullafides
We did agree that all lives matter. Did you skip my first sentence?

Let me tell you a bit about me. I'm mixed, the PC term is multiracial. My father is black and my mother isn't just white, she has red hair and blue eyes. When I say that there are white people darker than me, I mean it. When I tease and say I'm albino, I'm half serious. My brown hair gets very auburn and my brown eyes seem very dark against my pale skin.

Now, you know what I look like, do you think a persons first thought when they see me is of a black woman? I have experienced first hand how behavior changes when a person finds out my heritage. The fact the my parentage should in anyway effect how I'm treated is sad.

Black lives matter, if you don't like it do something to change the racial profiling and negative stereotypes.

If racial profiling didn't yield results, if it didn't work, it wouldn't be used. Is profiling right? I think it depends. If your black or whatever color and are just driving, minding your own business, then no. If there are 5 of you, with your pants around your butt, anyone with any ounce of sense will know that you are probably up to no good.

If the police are in a neighborhood predominately black, than they are obviously going to be stopping blacks because that is all that is around majority wise. I am sorry friend but most people have a 6th sense when they see a person or group and know something isn't right or is out of place. Police have this sense even more so. Profiling while using common sense I think is fine because it obviously yields results or they wouldn't waste their time doing it.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think it's disingenuous to claim all lives matter.

Though I suppose to some the ability to manipulate and extort a person would imply that they 'matter'

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes, you matter and I matter... black lives matter only had control over themselves too. They saw an issue and they are trying to make a difference. You see an issue and you're not doing anything about it.

I don't think many people can experience discrimination the same way I can. But, trust me its not fun its very upsetting and its a problem.

All lives matter has gotten some negative press too. Where you aware of that?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JalapenoPepper
I don't think racial profiling was ever appropriate, it was just harassment under a different name. If you harass enough innocent people, eventually you'll get one that isn't innocent.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yes, you matter and I matter... black lives matter only had control over themselves too. They saw an issue and they are trying to make a difference. You see an issue and you're not doing anything about it.

I don't think many people can experience discrimination the same way I can. But, trust me its not fun its very upsetting and its a problem.

All lives matter has gotten some negative press too. Where you aware of that?

You said "they saw an issue", what issue is this? Please do not forget that the lives taken, were CRIMINALS. The shootings that started the #blacklivesmatter where JUSTIFIED. It is all based on lies.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I feel stupid for asking, but whats the purpose of a hashtag? I still don't understand how or why they are used.

#whatsahashtag? See I made one, but why, I don't even know.

Maybe its because I don't even understand the point of twitter either. I tried to understand those too but it just seemed like random pictures, jumbled text and just more hashtags.

Hi, I don't know what any of that crap is either.

#whogivesacrapabouthastags

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Your entire post is out of touch with reality...

But...

"Police have this 6th sense even more so."

Elevating the police to some sort of demigod like status is far and beyond.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If you don't know my opinion of long drawn out investigations and trials, I'll share. Its all attorney driven drivel. The truth doesn't require that much time to recall. What requires that much time is legality for trial.

If all lives matter to you, please remember those so called criminals had lives too.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Your entire post is out of touch with reality...

But...

"Police have this 6th sense even more so."

Elevating the police to some sort of demigod like status is far and beyond.

I said we all have this sense, and the police's sense is more elevated because they are in contact with the public more than we are. Body language, etc. My post is very far off from out of touch with reality. If facts hurt you I am sorry. Most agencies require a 2 year degree in criminal psychology and others like criminal justice. So that is why I said they are more able to "see".

Jalapeno!
edit on 9-8-2015 by JalapenoPepper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Your verbose tangent aside...

Yes, you are being ignorant.
Or sweeping it under the rug.

Because you relegated a civil rights movement to a "f#ing pity party" by twisting people's words.

Either out of ignorance, or you know what you're doing and sweeping it under the rug.

The only people it isn't obvious too is people like yourself who keep insisting that "only black lives matter" is the mantra.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

If you don't know my opinion of long drawn out investigations and trials, I'll share. Its all attorney driven drivel. The truth doesn't require that much time to recall. What requires that much time is legality for trial.

If all lives matter to you, please remember those so called criminals had lives too.

Yes they had and led lives that destroyed other lives and were in no way productive to a civilized society.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Facts don't hurt anyone...
And even if they did...

Your post did not involve any!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

And even if they did...

If you say so.
I don't post unless it is factual. And many facts would get me banned for posting.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Stereotyping people isn't fair, but let's be honest...it happens for a reason.

A group or a culture are labelled because of the preponderance of a behavior within that group or culture. Unfortunately, those that don't fit the stereotypical description get labelled, too, and have to prove they're different before they are treated as such.

It took generations before every Irishman wasn't looked upon in this country as a drunk. All Irishmen suffered the consequences of the label because there was a PREPONDERANCE of a certain behavior.

Clean up your culture. Get rid of politicians that thrive on your failures and put leadership in your cities and communities that honor education, lawfulness, and work ethic. #nomoreexcuses

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I heard an analogy that I thought summed up the problem with #AllLivesMatter which I'll paraphrase here:

It's like fire fighters being called to a house fire and when they show up, all of the neighbors whose houses aren't on fire are screaming "but what about my house?"

Let's just drop the false pretenses and cut the BS, #AllLivesMatter is just another way for American conservatives to vocalize their collective disbelief in the existence and impact of racism against black people in this country.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JalapenoPepper

And even if they did...

If you say so.
I don't post unless it is factual. And many facts would get me banned for posting.

Jalapeno!

Speaking from experience?

No one gets banned for posting facts.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'll remember your post next time republican confederate flag lovers say "he was a lone nut and we all see the culture differently"...

I'm sure you never said such.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I thought so too lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Stereotyping people isn't fair, but let's be honest...it happens for a reason.

A group or a culture are labelled because of the preponderance of a behavior within that group or culture. Unfortunately, those that don't fit the stereotypical description get labelled, too, and have to prove they're different before they are treated as such.

It took generations before every Irishman wasn't looked upon in this country as a drunk. All Irishmen suffered the consequences of the label because there was a PREPONDERANCE of a certain behavior.

Clean up your culture. Get rid of politicians that thrive on your failures and put leadership in your cities and communities that honor education, lawfulness, and work ethic. #nomoreexcuses

Very true and well said. That is the bottom line.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JalapenoPepper

And even if they did...

If you say so.

Jalapeno!

No one gets banned for posting facts.

That is bs... If the facts are not PC, they are perceived as "racist".

Jalapeno!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join