It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 women accused of being witches beaten to death in India

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Sorry for biting just showing her that her religion is not innocent at all in these matters.
It was like she was saying ha look at other religions but mine doesn't do this.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Mugly

I know, tiresome isn't it.
This thread isn't even about belief in religion, it is about belief in witchcraft and barbaric attacks on women by savages.

very tiresome.
it gets old fast.
there are a lot of threads i dont even participate in because of it.

i know threads evolve over the course of their run.

15 pages in the 'topic' might have veered off a bit but its annoying when it is only a few posts in

see. now we are not even talking about the beatings...

oh well

that area needs more phoolan devis'

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
On-topic, the Daily Fail are reporting this about it:

'The whole village is ganging up against the police now saying they all killed the women,' he said, adding that an investigation was underway.
Police have so far arrested around 50 people involved in the attack, mostly aged between 45 and 50. A large number of police officers have been deployed in the village to prevent any outbreak of violence.

It appears that the superstition is deeply ingrained in these people, so short of mass prosecutions and education I can't see how that situation is gonna change anytime soon.
Very sad.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What they need is education and understanding. As long as there is a caste system, and people living in poor conditions left to their own devices and superstitions, some are going to be singled out, and beaten to death for being the cause of all kinds of evils. It's sad, but true. Unfortunately, many adult humans still believe in cooties, just like kids did when I was young.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Isn't it lovely to be living on a primitive planet. And instead of upgrading it, as was expected, the world's elites decided to reset it to the lowest denominator, to keep power. Its just insane.

I want my beamship now.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Isn't it lovely to be living on a primitive planet. And instead of upgrading it, as was expected, the world's elites decided to reset it to the lowest denominator, to keep power. Its just insane.

I want my beamship now.
This has nothing to do with the worlds elite, these people have been carrying out such barbaric practices for hundreds of years.
What a ridiculous slant on this story.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It is so curious this barbarism among Christians ever existed when Christ actually used the stoning of a woman as a moral teaching of what not to do.

Then these people that they say they follow him do the opposite and stone people.

What went wrong?

"Let you who are without sin cast the first stone."

In India there is a huge gulf between the modern educated Indians and those uneducated, well because they never had the chance or opportunity. So on one hand Singh is right saying,

Chief Minister Raghubar Das, condemned the incident. "In the age of knowledge, this incident is sorrowful. Society should ponder over it," he said in a statement.

But he is blaming people who his government are forsaking by not giving them the opportunity of education. Like calling a man or woman dim because you would never allow them to go to school.

Rulers on palms for all involved! Snap!!

edit on 9-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Over 2000 women killed in 12 years...

That's called genocide. Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

I want my beamship now.
This has nothing to do with the worlds elite, these people have been carrying out such barbaric practices for hundreds of years.
What a ridiculous slant on this story.

Maybe not so ridiculous, when you consider what those who administrate this world could do, if they would. But in most countries they are corrupt, and care more about retaining their power, than raising the standard of education and living for the masses. Which leaves people like this "carrying out such barbaric practices for hundreds of years."

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Abuse of women is systemic in India.

From female foeticide, child marriage and dowry killings to rape and domestic violence, Indian girls and women face a barrage of threats, say experts, largely because of age-old patriarchal attitudes that view them as inferior to men.

Reuters

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Except the Indian police are desperately trying to stop these barbaric practices.
You know, the police that the 'elites' control.
If it was a plan by those at the top then the police would ignore it.

Yep, I stand by my statement, I think it is a ridiculous slant to this story about some backwards village in the backwoods of India who still believe in witchcraft.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

What century are we living in again?

I have to ask myself that question quite a bit with some of the stuff that gets posted on ATS...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think all religions had certain taboos like witchcraft so I think discussing which religion was involved here is kind of irrelevant. In most of the areas where we hear about witch killings, honor killings, ect, there seems to be laws against doing such things, but I kind of think that they are in areas where the local, sometimes tribal laws seem to be more powerful than the federal civil laws. The people of the rural areas seem to be more superstitious even in the US today and add the lack of good quality education and well, what do you expect. There might be some disadvantages of having a strong federal rule but there's also some pretty good advantages to it also.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Except the Indian police are desperately trying to stop these barbaric practices.

Yep, I stand by my statement, I think it is a ridiculous slant to this story about some backwards village in the backwoods of India who still believe in witchcraft.

I said nothing about a plan. I was talking neglect and greed. If you want to stop this kind of thing, you don't do it by force alone. You do it by educating people over time.
edit on 8/9/2015 by Klassified because: oops

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Abuse of women is systemic in India.

From female foeticide, child marriage and dowry killings to rape and domestic violence, Indian girls and women face a barrage of threats, say experts, largely because of age-old patriarchal attitudes that view them as inferior to men.

Reuters

The part about them using voodoo to find the witches just shows that this isn't about witchcraft at all but a deep seeded genocide of women.

Reminds me of Saudi Arabia's genocide on women with all sorts of outlandish claims and accusations.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I said nothing about a plan. I was talking neglect and greed. If you want to stop this kind of thing, you don't do it by force alone. You do it by educating people over time.
That's pretty much what I said earlier.
But if you are claiming that education is purposefully being denied by the 'elites' to allow the continuing practice of killing women over belief in witchcraft, I have to say I doubt that.
I would say it is more about mismanagement of India's budget, you know spending on arms and space exploration instead of education.

...unless you have some solid evidence to support your claim then our two opinions remain just that, opinion.

link   

This does not surprise me but it does sadden me. There are many parts of the world, many villages and small communities where education and general knowledge of the planet are very very limited to the point of being non-existent - beyond what is taught by the state, or in more remote areas, taught by community leaders.

I wish to draw a commonality from last week from Africa - Ministers were talking the other day to their congregation about the evils of homosexuality and proceeded to show all that were present vids of folks eating s### and fisting - explaining that this is what homosexuality is all about. Plenty would go home after hearing that with a new found belief of what constitutes homosexuality.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, when community and/or religious leaders are disseminating false and misleading information to the population either deliberately or through their own ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject, the result is a society that believes things like witches are the daughters of the devil and other such nonsense - the consequential effect being the murder of 5 females because they were deemed witches.

Very sad.

link   
Some people just simply don't deserve to be given life by the women who birthed them...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Strange how none of the 2100 used their magic to escape being beaten to death, I'll bet a lot of them were just scapegoats for local misfortune or unwanted women somebody couldn't marry off.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The part about them using voodoo to find the witches just shows that this isn't about witchcraft at all but a deep seeded genocide of women.

Reminds me of Saudi Arabia's genocide on women with all sorts of outlandish claims and accusations.

Malignants the world over use all kind of excuses to cover their hatred.

Wasn't there a thread here recently about some 'ritual' killings in the US? I think Wicca was being blamed?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join