It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the World, I Love You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Listening to the news, how people talk and treat each other; just the general "Squishiness" off the world these days. Makes me kind of sad, angry and somewhat ashamed to be human, or even belong on the same planet. We judge before we even know, we rush to conclusions and false facts, nudged in the wrong direction. So what that two men, or two women want to marry. So what if the guy down the block thinks he's always been a girl. So what the a piece of cloth was used during a war, so what the world had slaves, so what some one said something you don't like. We all need to get over ourselves and get over other peoples business and lives. Who cares if a government building has the ten commandments on their grounds, when a homeless vet goes hungry, a single mother or father is deciding between rent or feeding their hungry child. Who really cares if fast food or other workers want 15 dollars an hour. If we just spent 1 hour in some one else's shoes to see for just one hour what they deal with every single day, the bullying, the fear, the hate, the judging the horror maybe we'd learn to let go and move on to actually help more, and worry less.

If all the normal people, the people that keep their mouths shut and eyes down, the ones that don't care or pretend to not see the issue. The armchair survivalists, the hidden away conspiracy "nut". The ones who tote "God's Love", the ones that claim they speak for a god, the ones with power, the ones with out. If everyone spoke out and said, " Hey this is stupid, this is not right.. not how it goes or works" and does an action we'd be a force to reckon with.

I'm just sick of all the hate the violence, everyone shouting for change but not really doing nothing... or worse doing all the wrong things. This is why I'm an atheist... if someone had power that everyone claims a god, or a devil has, be it for good or for will, they would do something anything even if it was a simple as to go up to some one and just tell them that they are loved.

So to everyone that's been put down, used abused, be you a man, woman, child, or anything else you wanted to be. Be you rich, middle or poor, straight, gay, or something in between. Be you black, white, green, blue or even polka dots. I personally want to apologize for anything bad, or not quite right, for every stupid question, hateful remark, for every bully. For not finding a place where you belong, or just feeling like you don't fit in. For "Family" and "friends" who never quite understood, for having to decide if you want to eat, pay a bill or pay rent. To the single fathers, the mothers, or anyone raising a child on their own. To the people who believe in god, Allah, Odin, or any other faith, religion, or pantheon and was made fun of, threatened, looked down on, or lumped into the "Radicals" Not only am I sorry, I also love you, I've never met you, and I don't even know you personally, but I want you to know that some where in the world no matter what some one does love you and cares. Even if it's one tiny speck of light in the dark, you are not alone. And I hope one day, we can all be like that find the balance and realize life is to short enjoy it while you're here.

But please, continue being you, never give up, never surrender or lose hope.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jedite

Very nice thread. I love you too. Regardless of spiritually I believe we are all brothers and sisters.
edit on 9-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Thank you, I just want people to know that there is not all bad in the word, to know that they aren't alone. Just all these downer news stories, and people crying foul over stuff that in my opinion shouldn't really matter; and in one case even kind of denying our history: The Confederate flag. If just one person on here having a bad day and stumbles across this and they at least have tiny smile I'm contend.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
As ever, I reciprocate the sentiment. Unabashed love to all. For whatever that means or is worth.

Rest assured you're not the only one who feels this way. See the old "I Love You" thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interestingly enough, I had just resurrected it after years. Small world.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Wow and so many pages, so many people agreeing, it's nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks these things some times. You're right everyone needs to hear those three words should be said more often.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

But please, continue being you, never give up, never surrender or lose hope.

Do you know what really gives me hope , ambulances , The very people that would cut you off , not let you merge etc are the very same people that will go to extraordinary lengths to work together to let an ambulance get by . Why is this , well hopefully it is because people recognise that someone's life might be in danger , but i suspect it might be more about the fact that one day it might be them .

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Do you think humans are different today than in the past? Read ancient writings...it was full of all manner of the exact same nonsense you are talking about. Minus the technology.

Golden Age Fallacy
edit on 8/9/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Jedite, you get a BZ (bravo Zulu)! There certainly is a lot of dividing attitudes vs. uniting attitudes. I consider myself to be a light in the dark. That is how I brighten the darkness because once I have shined my light onto others they at least carry their own light when and if we see each other. And by light I mean trying not to be judgmental and instead find some common ground. Quite frankly some common effing decency. Respect builds things even if it is in a job related circumstance where you are forced to deal with someone having multiple issues. However, respect really builds relationships with people capable of everything or possibly even more than considered by someone not willing to actually act like a human being towards another human being. If one is that type of person then one is missing a lot of things from people because they are looking down on them as opposed to simply communicating with them. IMHO you get it. I bet people love you and respect you back in ways that are very gratifying. My dad always used to say, albeit jokingly, "if everybody would light one little candle".

Your words are inspiring. I spend a lot of time in an ER and I have great interactions with people from all walks of life. Sometimes I have to remind someone that I am not there to judge them, I am there to help them. Most of all people want to be loved and not necessarily appreciated but just recognized as human. It may be all they have.

Last week I had a mentally challenged female with body deformities that made her limbs weak and she had broken a leg. We had to cast her and then adjust the cast for a best fit. Not an uncommon occurrence for special needs patients. The parents said she would be vocal and possibly resistant to our actions. Well, what had to be done had to be done so I spoke to the patient, she was unable to articulate a reply. It didn't matter, we were communicating despite her inability to make it a two way conversation. When the work was completed we let the family back in to see her and the father said to me that he could hear me talking to her as a human and how much he appreciated that. He was implying that many people in the medical field, which she spends a lot of time dealing with, assume that her problems communicating means her ability to receive information is diminished. How tragic. I was humbled.

I didn't mean to ramble on but I have to tell you how nice it is to know that there are others that get it. Spirituality is gained from being a light. One sure doesn't need any ritualistic dogma to generate some kindness and light. You wanna feel better about yourself spread some light in the darkness and see what happens. It may not change your path but it will make it brighter. And lastly, Jimi Hendrix said, "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will be at peace".
_javascript:icon('
')

regards, J

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No I don't think they were different, I get that part of it might/may be a just a human nature kind of thing. But we do seem to be getting worse, crying foul, or saying that offends at the tiniest of things. Or hating and judging and getting involved with that don't really matter. Like for example, here in Oklahoma there seems to be a big hullaballoo about the religious statue on government grounds. When probably no more then 100+ paces away there are people homeless and starving.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Its probably more the fact that it could always be them. In death are we all equals.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 02bmw76

You're dad isn't far off. If everyone realized that we have more power than what we think, real change would/could happen. But my mom says sadly that the people who can make the difference, don't listen to the radicals, don't care, and continue on their way.

I'm just glad there our others who think, and act, or do the same as me, cause sometimes just watching everything around me it does seem I might be the minority in this train of thought.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Media and social media. Everyone has an opinion, and when a mic gets stuck in their face they'll talk It seems Twitter and Facebook = "a mic". Its image marketing on an individual level, by people who don't know what kind of image they want to craft.

When you talk with people individually...they act differently.

When i was in NYC back in 2002 one thing I noticed was that New Yorkers were very unfriendly so long as you were in their abstract, just one of the sea of people. But if you engaged them individually, and stepped out of the abstract, you see their demeanor change, and find that they were quite friendly.

new topics

top topics

join