It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lobishomen, a Bizarre Portuguese Werewolf Whose Blood Can Kill You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The lobishomen is a kind of werewolf in Portuguese folklore (as well as a kind of vampire creature in Brazilian folklore). According to legend, a person becomes a lobishomen if they're the seventh son or daughter in a family. Up until puberty, the victim lives a pretty normal life. Once they're a teenager though, they become a wolf, rabbit, or donkey every Saturday night. They spend all night running in the forest as an animal until the sun comes up. Some say they run because they're being pursued by demon dogs.

After seven years, the victim stops transforming into an animal and instead transforms into a lobishomen. The lobishomen attacks and eats humans, and it's doomed to this fate for the rest of its life. The only way to break the curse is for somebody to shed some of the lobishomen's blood. This is extremely dangerous though, because lobishomen blood is poisonous to humans and can kill them if even a drop falls on them.

The lobishomen in Brazil seems to be quite different. It doesn't kill people, but sucks their blood. It actually prefers women. Its appearance is really different too. According to Wikipedia, "In humanoid form, the lobisomem is a little over two inches in height and resembles a furry monkey with a bald head. It is said to have an evil face and large, full feet similar to plush slippers to give the creature a stealthy advantage."

So could anybody from Brazil or Portugal tell us more about these things? I'd love to hear more.

Sources:

*snip*

en.wikipedia.org...

vampireunderworld.com...
edit on 8/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Menocchio

sounds like a old story designed to scare couples to not have more then six children.
Perhaps in a time where food and shelter was little.

Same as religion brainwash stories.. " if you sin you go to hell"

And children.. " if you lie, you get a black line in your forehead"

Santa .. have you been a good boy ? else you will be put into my sack

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
If it is only 2 inches tall then couldn't people just squash it underfoot?

Also how does a teenager turn into a 2 inch humanoid?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

sounds like a old story designed to scare couples to not have more then six children.
Perhaps in a time where food and shelter was little.

Same as religion brainwash stories.. " if you sin you go to hell"

And children.. " if you lie, you get a black line in your forehead"

Santa .. have you been a good boy ? else you will be put into my sack

That was my first thought as well. It all just seems a little like something from the Grimm tales books or TV series. 7 Children is alot of to have to be honest, so making up something like this would definitely scare parents into having too many.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Cats and dogs leave scarier deposits lying around......

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hello there!

Yes, we call it "Lobisomem." which translates directly into "Werewolf."

Altought the creature is belived to be a myth like mermaids and cyclops....lol The legend is ver ysimilar to European ones. With some differences whomever. Like on how turning back to human; You need to travel to twelve graveyards (i think this is the number) to become a human again.

Even so, reports of man-wolf like creatures happen (altought rare). I have interviwed a person who saw one of these creatures and saw other reports which showed the physical feats of this creatures, which is above any animal i'ver heard.

There's not to much to describe of it, since descriptions are exactly like the Beast of Bray Road or the Michigan Dogman (which fascinates me most of these reports.)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i'm from Portugal and we had years ago a really strange case of a possible wolf man, his name was Albano Beirão (he served as an inspiration for Tarzan).

Albano Beirão Jesus was born in the village of Aveloso, Mêda municipality, district of Guarda, Portugal , on August 1, 1884 the son of Antonio Lopes Beirão (natural Veiga Ribadeu, in Asturias.) and Felicia Jesus (natural Aveloso). From 7 years old he began to fall victim to strange attacks that transfigured him completely, which were never properly diagnosed or explained and that gave him supernatural powers.

Albano Beirão was afflicted by attacks that made ​​him behave like a wolf, that gave him supernatural strenght and extreme skill and the most amazing, he levitated. He was studied by many hospitals and even his funeral was surrounded by mysteries. A book suggests that he was the inspiration for the character Tarzan.

Some of the features of the attacks:

- Didn't recognize people
-Tremendous force and extreme speed
- Misterious weight loss in every transformation
-huge jumps
- climbed walls with amazing agility
- rolled on the floor like an animal
- ran and howled like a wolf or a dog, walking the narrow streets of village, day or night, terrifying the residents.
- in Angola he would kill lions with his bare hands
- we would climb Torre dos Clérigos (Oporto) easily and would jump to the ground on all fours like a cat would.

The attacks have become frequent and the people, albeit with fear, eventually got used to "Albaninho" or "Evil Albano," as they called him. He stopped going to school because classmates and teacher were afraid of him.

They said he was possessed by an "evil spirit" that left him in that state. On the doorsteps, they would put water-filled basins Albano drank in huge quantities.

very interesting character, maybe someone would like to explore more of his story

edit on 10-8-2015 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha
Hello there!

Altought the creature is belived to be a myth like mermaids and cyclops....lol The legend is ver ysimilar to European ones. With some differences whomever. Like on how turning back to human; You need to travel to twelve graveyards (i think this is the number) to become a human again.

Even so, reports of man-wolf like creatures happen (altought rare). I have interviwed a person who saw one of these creatures and saw other reports which showed the physical feats of this creatures, which is above any animal i'ver heard.

There's not to much to describe of it, since descriptions are exactly like the Beast of Bray Road or the Michigan Dogman (which fascinates me most of these reports.)

Is it really 2 inches tall? Maybe they meant 2 yards tall?

If that is the case.. maybe it is the werewolf you posted about in your other thread

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

What exactly did that woman say? And I'm actually from Michigan myself, the Dogman is one of my favorite urban legends from around here (along with the Melonheads).

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Picollo30

Very strange and interesting, indeed. I tried searching for him on Google, but only got Portuguese results. I'll try searching Google Books later though, perhaps an old book in English might have information about him.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist

originally posted by: Frocharocha
Hello there!

Is it really 2 inches tall? Maybe they meant 2 yards tall?

If that is the case.. maybe it is the werewolf you posted about in your other thread

Hhehehehe. The creatures are said ot be around 7 feet tall. In one of the reports, the creature singled jumped over a wall with 10 feet in height.

What exactly did that woman say? And I'm actually from Michigan myself, the Dogman is one of my favorite urban legends from around here (along with the Melonheads).

You mean about the creatures descriptions? Basically the same as the Michigan Dogman/Bray Road Beast; Very tall creature covered in gray/black hair veyr muscular with big arms and hands, body of a man with the had of a dog.

i'm from Portugal and we had years ago a really strange case of a possible wolf man, his name was Albano Beirão (he served as an inspiration for Tarzan).

Albano Beirão Jesus was born in the village of Aveloso, Mêda municipality, district of Guarda, Portugal , on August 1, 1884 the son of Antonio Lopes Beirão (natural Veiga Ribadeu, in Asturias.) and Felicia Jesus (natural Aveloso). From 7 years old he began to fall victim to strange attacks that transfigured him completely, which were never properly diagnosed or explained and that gave him supernatural powers.

Albano Beirão was afflicted by attacks that made ​​him behave like a wolf, that gave him supernatural strenght and extreme skill and the most amazing, he levitated. He was studied by many hospitals and even his funeral was surrounded by mysteries. A book suggests that he was the inspiration for the character Tarzan.

Yeah i also heard about that guy. It seems that eh actually inspired Tarzan legends, but his physical feats outclasses him in everyway. I once read that he swimed from Africa back to Europe n a couple days...lol.

That guy actually existed, but we can't say the same about his feats.

edit on 13-8-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You guys can check this link on facebook , dedicated interely to him
www.facebook.com...

edit on 24-9-2017 by Jfranco because: (no reason given)

top topics

join