It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Post-Election Approval Rating Lower Than Any In Decades

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

polls are news filler for slow news days, and are SOLD by marketers trying to make themselves and their consulting more important than they really are....

Absolutly un true about the other two polls I posted. The two polls I pulled off the Gallup web site have NOT been in the news. Only the presidential approval rating. Economic confidence is a HUGE descriptor of how America actually feels about our president. And that shows only 37% think hes is doing an ok job at it. The rest think he is a schmuck who is bad for the economy. Now HOW could a sitting wartime president garner a 49% approval rating and only recieve 37% of the economic confidenc of America? It sounds to me like Bush is manipulating the pools and only showing the ones that look best for him. However, it is quite telling that Bush ONLY has a 49% approval rating at this time. The absolute LOWEST that any other president in his situation has had. His situation being a wartime president fresh into his new term.

CM. You obviously didnt read the post because it was the polls themselves in question. Basically, and correct me if Im wrong ECK, ECK was saying that either American confidence is at an all time low for Bush, or the polls are screwed up.

I also find it funny how when the polls dont show Bush in a good light, the pools become a main stream media tool, however, when they are favorable for Bush, all I hear conservatives scream is LOOK AT THE POLLS, THEY ARE GOSPEL!

I wish us leftyys could have it both ways too

[edit on 1/4/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ya gotta love this back 'n' forth logic.. Caz.. You seem to want things both ways.

Originally posted by CazMedia

EastCoastKid
just what exactly has changed from the election 'till now to make his support so tepid.

What has changed is the short attention spans of the average american with the overall education level of an 8th grader.

Hmm.. I guess that explains, then, how Bush was reSelected.
'Cuz his average supporters are so dumb, they don't rise above the 8th grade level. I can believe that.
(You might wanna reconsider that argument.

(no lie...local/network news is geared to this level because its one of the largest demographics)

Actually, that would be the print media geared to the sixth grade reading level.

Polls sway like a kite in the wind....
if Bush had believe the polls at the end of the campaign, Kery would have won...what about your vaunted polls then eh?

In the Ukraine, our government hailed the exit polls as prove the challenger won. Yet, in an astonishing display of cognative dissonance, they claim that the exit polls here on Nov. 2 were somehow way off.
And Bush supporters are able to completely suspend logic and accept this fallacious reasoning. Talk about eggplant for brains.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

In the Ukraine, our government hailed the exit polls as prove the challenger won. Yet, in an astonishing display of cognative dissonance, they claim that the exit polls here on Nov. 2 were somehow way off.
And Bush supporters are able to completely suspend logic and accept this fallacious reasoning. Talk about eggplant for brains.

You make a good point ECK. This has got to be the biggest hypocracy about voting that our government has accepted so far. I guess Bush's new motto is "Do as I say, not as I do." I know some Cathloic priest who have the same logic.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think that's been the Shrub's motto all along. That's how he was raised and that's how he's lived.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just read an article that was discussing how Bush has the lowest poll numbers in history for a two-termer at this point. Political capital, my A double S. All I can say for Bushfanz is thank God for that easily manipulatable voter software and folks corrupt and pathetic enuff to have employed it.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ha-haaa

Man, I llllove this crap! Keep it up, Puh-lease!!! Such denial! This is typical radical-left (not all people on the left are bad) reasoning. You never are wrong, nor do you ever lose! They just cheated, that's it! You weren't wrong, everyone else is just stupid! Sweet Jesus, you can't even accept something when the facts are shoved in your face??? Bush had the most votes of any president in U.S. history (Which I admit is most-likely due to the sheer voter turn-out), he won the popular vote, AND the electoral votes. He won! Do you really think he could have cheated? There were lawyers everywhere, the polls were closely observed... Guards posted everywhere to prevent voter fraud... Even John Kerry admitted defeat! Just admit it! You lost! There is NOTHING you can do about it! Bush supporters aren't responding to this thread because A.) there are so many like it, and B.) it's so incredibly rediculous to keep this up! The only reason I'm wasting my time here is because it's pouring outside, and I don't have anything to do! If Kerry had won, I would have stepped down and admitted it, much like the first debate. Get off of your high-horses and just go along with your lives! Polls don't mean anything. They didn't mean anything before the election, and they don't mean anything now. That's why different poll's results always vary so much. It will differ depending on a giant conglomeration of factors, most of which are determined by the intelligence of people who know to not pick up (or hang up) that telephone when they can see that it's a telemarketer, or cut a V-line when they see that guy at the mall with a clip-board! Come on, enough of this nonsense!

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Herman]

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Herman]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Uh.. Herman.. I'm a Republican. Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Uh.. Herman.. I'm a Republican. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yeah, I'm sure you are. And I'm a hard-core liberal! But if you are, my mistake. The rest of my posts still remains the same though. Just change the "liberal" for EastCoastKid, hahaa!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hasn't he only been in office for four years!? I thought a "decade" equaled ten years....decades would be even more than ten years....

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Hasn't he only been in office for four years!? I thought a "decade" equaled ten years....decades would be even more than ten years....

Wait...what? Was that comment directed towards me?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
How would you see that as directed at you!? It was directed at the starter of this thread........how can it be the lowest in "decades" when he has only been in office going on five years? Am I wrong? Have I missed something somewhere?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Actually everybody should remember that his ratings before the 9/11 were very poor, then he got his boost on his war on terror, keeping the people on the "terror" reminder did wonders for his campaing.

Now life is back to normal and can you blame the people change of hart?

He was not popular before 9/11 who is going to say that now after he won the election the popularity is gone.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Yeah, I'm sure you are. And I'm a hard-core liberal! But if you are, my mistake. The rest of my posts still remains the same though. Just change the "liberal" for EastCoastKid, hahaa!

It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not.
I have to say, though; it never ceases to amaze me that there are so many small-minded folks in today's Republican party. For whatever reason, so many of these people are under the impression that we must check our brains at the GOP door to be authentic. Newsflash HERMAN, we don't all think alike. And the Neo Conservative a$$holes that have hijacked the GOP and its agenda are NOT Republicans at all. If you think they are, than you have seriously been duped. Although I've always been a hawk on DEFENSE, I despise the Neo Conservative agenda - as badly as I once despised Clinton and the liberal, anti-God agenda. The Neo Conservatives have given me quite a different view on things. And I've come realize, in these later years, post-9-11, Democrats are not the enemy! We are all Americans and we all have legitimate concerns that deserve discussion. There is no good reason to hate someone or to berate them just because they see something differently.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why do hardcore conservatives think that ALL republicans hold the same ideals? Im amazed at the narrow mindedness of hardcore nazi conservatives

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm just a stupid small-minded republican who thinks we allll think the same. Don't try for one second to tell me that it's not easy to mistake kid-finger for someone who's not a republican. No, we don't all HAVE the think EXACTLY the same, but republicans all think similary, THAT'S WHY THEY ARE A POLITICAL PARTY! They don't all have to think exactly the same, but someone who is strongly against President Bush and the rest of the republicans in the white house usually isn't a Republican! I haven't even seen a recent post of yours that talks about your ideals as a Republican, or has you in it standing up for other Republicans.. Do you think you're the only REAL republican out there? If barely any of your views happen to align with the Republican party, maybe you should think about looking into other parties. There are more than just 2, you know? I myself don't even consider myself a "hardcore" Republican. I have beliefs that are liberal. That doesn't mean I can call myself a liberal. Why do you think most republicans have stood behind Bush? It's because he exemplifies the Republican ideals. There you are calling him a neo-con (which when you break it down really makes no sense as a word anyway), while some are calling him too liberal! Maybe it's you that needs to open your mind a little. I know that it's fun to sit there in your self-righteousness saying that you're a republican and STILL hate Bush, which means he must suck, but maybe it's time to re-consider.

-I'd elaborate more, but I have school.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

. Don't try for one second to tell me that it's not easy to mistake kid-finger for someone who's not a republican.

Um.... Im NOT republican, and I refuse to vote republican now. When I vote, I will just check the Democratic ticket box and be done with it. This is why YOU never heard ME stipulate my opinions on neocon Ideals. However, Neocons regularly claim to know ALL ABOUT Liberal ideology, but spread disinformation and out right lies about us

Personally, I think its time to disban the republican party, unless it can reclaim the former glory it once had befor the neocons strangled any decency it had left.

[edit on 1/5/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No, we don't all HAVE the think EXACTLY the same, but republicans all think similary, THAT'S WHY THEY ARE A POLITICAL PARTY!

How long have you been a Republican? The GOP of today is not the GOP of the past 20-30 years. You might want to do some research on the Neo Conservative movement. It might shock you to learn they are LIBERALS who got run out of the Democratic party for being warmongering psychos. And you, proud Republican blindly support that shyte.

I supported my party as long as they embraced reason. I am not switching parties because one group has subverted the whole. It is the Neo Cons who must be purged from the GOP. They do not belong in it.
They need to start up their own party: Fascists R Us.

There have always been differences within each party. That's a no-brainer.

They don't all have to think exactly the same, but someone who is strongly against President Bush and the rest of the republicans in the white house usually isn't a Republican!

You got it backwards, grasshoppa. I voted for Bush in 2000, when he was talkin' the ol' Conservative Republican line. Since you were sleeping in class, I'll let you in on what you missed. The Neo Conservative Cabal ushered in by Cheney, who is actually your president, hijacked the agenda. NEO CONSERVATIVES are NOT CONSERVATIVE and they're NOT Republican. Do yourself a favor and read up on it.

I haven't even seen a recent post of yours that talks about your ideals as a Republican, or has you in it standing up for other Republicans..

Run a search. That's easy enuff. I've posted views on many subjects. If you're too lazy to do that here's a brief run-down of some of my beliefs:

I support the 2nd ammendment (gun control)
lower taxes (when not at war)
SMALLER government (something this administration doesn't know ANYTHING about)
STrong national DEFENSE
stronger enforcement of laws pertaining to illegal immigrants
I could go on, but that's quite enuff for now.

I will stand up for whatever Republican has the balls to stand up for what's right. Like Texas Congressman Ron Paul. If you want to know what a REAL Republican is, do some research on him. It will be well worth your time.

Why do you think most republicans have stood behind Bush? It's because he exemplifies the Republican ideals.

Why? Because they're completely brainwashed/intellectually/educationally deficient.
I not-so-lovingly refer to them as the Stepford brigades.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I mispoke..

originally posted by EastCoastKid

All apologies.. I have to be quick about my posts, as my employers don't appreciate the time I spend here.. I should have said, I support the 2nd Ammendment, the right of Americans to keep and bear arms. Although some gun control is worthy of consideration, I tend to be more Libertarian in my view, on the whole. Sorry if I confused anyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I mispoke..

originally posted by EastCoastKid

I support the 2nd Ammendment, the right of Americans to keep and bear arms. Although some gun control is worthy of consideration,............

Exactly! I have been bashed by careller4 AND Offthestreet for these views. With them, its either all or nothing. I see no problem with someone owning a HUNTING rifle, or a hand gun. Even a shotgun is OK. But I draw the line at semi automatics, and automatic weaponry. That is weaponry for war, and should be maintained as such.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The people you mentioned barely know themselves and their beliefs Listen to their words. There is no independent thought there. Just programmed rhetoric. What can you expect? They'll believe whatever they're told by the experts on Fox "news."

It's so ridiculously predictable.

Regarding your comments, KID, on the assault weapons, I have a more LIbertarian take on that. From a small business owner's standpoint. Take for example, the '92 L.A. Riots. My cousin drove me around once, showing me the hotspots during that period. He explained to me how the police stayed the hell out of the worst areas and let the biz owners fend for themselves. He said they had to protect their property from the hordes of looters and criminals by themselves and that you could see them guarding their businesses with automatic weapons. I would've done the same thing.

If a person can pass all the appropriate checks - and I'm all for that - and has a lawful and reasonable reason to possess such weapons, I support that. I consider the need to protect private property to be one such reason. Folks who own large swaths of land should have the right also. I also respect those who simply collect firearms. There are more out there than some would think. But you're right, there's no reason to have one for hunting. That's ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join