It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shadow People (radio show)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A woman is convinced that beings born of darkness (shadow people) murdered her father. She seeks the help of a paranormal expert.

So far this is a good show. I'm enjoying it.

I've seen quite a few threads here on ATS about shadow people. The ones in the radio show seem to be similar, except they speak and kill people. That makes me wonder how far back legends of shadow people go. The show is from 1952. Do they go back that far? If anyone knows, I'm interested in what you can tell me.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Can't find the movie… late 80's, metal death heads cruising America at night killing people for fun. Turns out they are spirits in the flesh. A detective investigating the murders becomes their focus.

Really creepy for its day.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for the reply. I don't know the movie but it sounds familiar. I'm tempted to say Black Roses but that's about demons that are in a band that's out to hypnotize people and get their souls. I'm going to go digging now lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Tip of the tongue… can't come up with it. They roam from town to town across the country at night looking for victims in a blacked out Van.

They never rest, and are only in little towns for one night before making a kill and moving on. The detective gets on their trail but always loses it because they are spirits and can't be found unless you come looking for them… then they find you.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm looking for it now. I'm on my second website with lists of 80's horror movies. So far, no luck. I'll let you know if I find it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

There's a whole bunch of the shows here at the Internet Archive. There's a drop-down menu to 'right-click save as' individual files.

I tend to think of 'shadow people' as a modern meme like the slender man. They're probably misperceptions, wishful thinking and people who enjoy telling stories. On the other hand, a couple of people I respect have told me second-hand accounts of them and that leaves a little, tiny doubt that maybe there's something behind it...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Wow! Thanks for the link. There are a lot of shows on there. Lately, I've gotten addicted to radio shows.
I've known a couple of people that claimed to have seen shadow people. I'm on the fence about it. I used to clean a doctor's office and the place was active at night, if you know what I mean. I'd see things out of the corner of my eye going down the hallways. They were grayish, kind of shadowy, but I don't know if I'd call them shadow people because they've been described as black.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

edit on 8/9/2015 by Pillywiggin because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/2015 by Pillywiggin because: Duplicate post.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I don't know if this is the movie you're thinking of, but "Nomads" with Pierce Brosnan has a similar plot.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Pillywiggin

The movie he mentioned was about a rock band that kills people. It is really similar though.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pillywiggin

I don't know if this is the movie you're thinking of, but "Nomads" with Pierce Brosnan has a similar plot.

Thassit, thanks for the relief, my brain was going to melt. Sorry about getting elements of it wrong Skid Mark. I looked through lists of moves last night from the 80's and it didn't come up…

join