It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times asks for Obama and Congressional action on marijuana and its removal from Schedule One

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Ehhhh, not exactly. The United Nations supported "International Commission Against Impugnity in Guatemala" just filed a report that stated most of Guatemala's politicial machine is bankrolled by drug trafficking money and corruption. Guatemala's presidency only serves 1 term and their elections are upcoming. I think the UN is pulling some strings very carefully to ensure the "right man" rises to power and, almost certainly, that "right man" will fall into alignment with the UN's wishes regarding drug policy.

ETA: The UN tends to work a bit more clandestinely than America in terms of gangster diplomacy. They destroy nations from the inside out while whistling a happy tune and not talking much on the topic until they are prepared to actually strike. The US at least has the decency to declare someone an enemy and bad mouth them prior to having the CIA put the boots to them and facilitate regime change.
edit on 9-8-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I think the UN is pulling some strings very carefully to ensure the "right man" rises to power and, almost certainly, that "right man" will fall into alignment with the UN's wishes regarding drug policy.

Right man? Nothing came of the guatemalan president's effort 3 years ago. The US turned the wrong man into the right man with no need of the UN.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
When the enzyme to produce opiate from yeast becomes available outside of govt labs, it will be a game changer.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
"NO!!"

-Penal-Indu$trial Complex

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Good points, especially on the UN question, as it educates more people about the role of the UN all these years in the continuing illegality of marijuana.

The New York Times editorial should be picking up more coverage today (being published in paper form today), and, as mentioned, hopefully will provide more interest in political solutions in the U.S. Someone mentioned Big Tobacco laying in wait for marijuana legalization and brand-name production, and I just hope they don't add additives like they do in cigarettes to further hook their prey, ah, I meant consumers.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Its time for a national Smoke-Out! I mean Sit In!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Do you mean at the UN? Or just where we happen to be sitting?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Just as you are should do it. And just enough to co-create the non-existence of schedule 1. I have some acreage here I would happily repurpose!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

We can have it at my house!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Maybe when Obama leaves office he can take over as Sec. General of the UN

Good Lord, I hope not! We just need to extract the UN from US policy, IMO. Problem solved. It wouldn't take long before the UN realized that without America's dowry payments and muscle donated to all those UN policies and agencies, the UN is pretty much worthless. All we need is a leader with the backbone to tell the UN "either come to peace with our decisions, or wave goodbye to our support" and the UN would join the program pretty quickly.

America is behind in it's payments to the UN also the IMC loves going to fight for the UN because it means more money for them so they would quickly set you straight about that. So you want a leader that acts like a petulant child do what I say or I'll take my ball and go home. The UN pretty much does do what the US wants them to do.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

100 years ago, the federal government knew they were required a constitutional amendment to ban ANYTHING at the federal level. You won't hear the globalist NY Times think the USA should actually follow their constitution on that one.

As for commercial activity, the federal government ONLY has permission by their founding document to regulate interstate marijuana shipments, not activity people do within their own state. That is simply not in their powers.
edit on 9-8-2015 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Heres why i t most likely will never change. Its making too much money for Judges,prosecutors,and defense attornys and the prision industrial complex. As for th eUN unless it wa sratified by th eUS in both houses the UN can go spit.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
stop calling cannabis marijuana, it only hurts the cause.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19673856]Bone75 good eye there, mate...I was really soapboxin there....yep, I was taking full literary license to embellish...I'm terrible I know....

starr for ya!!
edit on 9-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

and one for you too!! up there Jonro
edit on 9-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
WHY HELLO ALEISTER!!!! Haven't been on here in awhile. I totally agree about it not being a class one.

The legalization of marijuana would seriously devastate the pharmaceutical companies. In particular, in the anti-depressant and pain reliving sectors. If I was givin a choice, I'd pick good ol' mother nature. Because the side affects of prescription medications.

I think the antidepressant racket is out of control, because of the use of Wi-Fi. I believe that the Wi-Fi signals are messing with the synaps (the electrical impulses in our brains) but what do I know?

I wonder how much the crime rate would go down if it were legal. Never heard of anyone being shot, robbed, or killed over pot. I'm talking about the average day joe.

And the federal deficit would go bye-bye in 10 years. BUT that would fix a big problem that tptb don't want fixed.

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I say let the "Bad" people out on the bullsh!t charges on marijuana, and free up the space for the "Good" people who rape, molest, kill......the list goes on.

I knew someone who got 10 years in prison for a pot plant, but my neighbors son, at least 60 yrs old, only got 9 months for molesting 3, yes THREE of his own granddaughters. I have a daughter, and her friends like to swim in the pool. I won't say what might happen if the sick Ba$tard was ever learing at my girls.

Sorry got off subject.........

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thepolish1

Hello, long time no greetings. Good to "see" you around. Yes, medically accepted pills and tablets and gulps are the real drugs loose in the world, making money for the pharma industry hand over fists and giving lots of people who take them the willies (Mays, Stargell, and Nelson). Society is starting to grow up a bit on the marijuana question (cannabis is the overall plant, marijuana is the flower and buds), and bit by bit the truth has settled finely into place. This type of editorial by the New York Times, bless their hearts, shares more of that with their reading public. Thanks for coming back!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There is no way that he will use an executive order for this, when he has so many other bull# (favors) to get done.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I agree with legalization but the only reason this president wants it legal is because of the incarceration rate of his "sons"

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JalapenoPepper

OUCH.......OOOOOHHHH how true......Got a good laugh out of that....thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join