It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero mom saves dog from sadistic cop, then gets arrested

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I didn't see a chain in the still, I'll look for it.

If this dog was chained at the time of incident, then this is a really bad move for the cop.

edit, I've combed the video and still don't see the dog as restrained and there's a second black dog running around too.
edit on 2015 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

LMAO is this some kind of a troll reply?

#1 You assume he didn't read your post.

Don't assume things.

#2 You assume he got upset.

Don't assume things.

#3 You assume it's your opinion he didn't like.

Don't assume things.

Bait much?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnTheSmith

So at what time could you see the restraining object on the 2 dogs?

I'm trying to find out.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

So is this the story you are painting as if you know exactly what happened.

How do you know he didn't have permission to be on the property ?

he looked calm to me walking up to the house , they didn't appear to be acting out of duty prior .

It was a neighborhood dispute , they were conducting an investigation , once you start talking to an LEO you enter into a contract with them for their services .

Simply Put you don't know exactly what happened , yet you are painting a whole story based on hearsay.

Why do you discount the aggressive dog ? , The LEO had every right to pull his gun if he felt threatened and based off the sound that dog made and his actions I would say he felt threatened. You nor anyone here can assume he was going to pull the trigger on that dog . That's all speculation, yet everyone acts as if THEY KNOW he was going to shoot the dog if had that woman not jumped in the way .

His force upon the woman was a excessive no doubt and maybe disciplinary action should be in order for him.

Need I say more ?

ETA:

No he did not shoot the dog, he drew his weapon on the dog... that is called 'intent to use deadly force'... One of the things they teach you when you are obtaining a lawful permit to carry is do not draw your weapon unless you intend to use it. Because whether you use it or not the intent is still there.

That's crap , When I obtained my CCW, the gun should only be drawn when necessary to act as a deterrent , this is why trigger safety is important . you pull the gun to deter a possible attack and you fire when you know you are going to be harmed or someone else is being harmed . the gun should be used as a means of intimidation and not necessarily used to take a life , when dealing with these types of situations . This is why cops pull people over at gun point .

When I was a cadet/explorer , I went on many ride along , and got to witness felony stops . When they pulled someone over with guns drawn one LEO would be on the right side of the car and every time a person would step out if their were multiple people in the car , he would cock his empty shotgun to intimidate whoever was getting out of the car. It was a safety measure.

but if we go with what you said then , pulling a gun means to shoot every time ? ....right ?

The picture is already painted in 480p no less, im doing nothing more then pointing out what I see. No doubt two people can have very different opinions of what they see.

Do you have any information suggesting that this was a home dispute? Please post it! It might change my perspective.

No, what it appears to be is someone got a ticket on their way home. Camera guy even says "looks like they are giving him a ticket" meaning the occupants of the house are not sure exactly whats going on either. (Sure glad they filmed it)

Since when had a gun being pointed at a dog ever deterred it from protecting its property from an intruder? Oh wait! It hasn't. Those words only work with humans. I would have respected the guy more if he ran and jumped on his supposed squad car and told them to call the dog off. Better yet had the dog got close enough to attack, kick the sumbitch off or scream loudly to scare it off. FFS.

And with your logic I could easily say no one knew for certian the dog was going to attack the suspected officer only that the dog did not attack. Just because the dog ran up to the guy doesnt mean anything. The only thing certain is the dog had more right to do what he did than the officer.

Gun should be used as intimidation? Absolutely not. Deterrent yes if someone has intent to harm you or someone else, and has the means to do so, pull your gun. But that is an off topic subject in this thread. We are talking about a dog here.

Cops pulling people over at gun point? Oh geeze and you're ok with that? Unless they are armed robbers, or in a stolen vehicle Im absolutely not ok with that. Pointing guns at civilians to garner compliance out of fear is exactly the reason people hate cops.

The last statement is just putting words in my mouth which I dont appreciate and never said.

But when people feel they are losing an argument they like to switch peoples words around to make the other person seem unreasonable. It is a tactic called disinforming, it doesnt work on me very well. People try all the time.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

There is a reason tuff guy high school douchebags all become cops. Easily led, easy to indoctrinate

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Do you have any information suggesting that this was a home dispute? Please post it! It might change my perspective.

Never said it was a home dispute . Here is what i stated .

It was a neighborhood dispute , they were conducting an investigation , once you start talking to an LEO you enter into a contract with them for their services .

did you read the Op ? Obviously not , if you did you would have read the following .

West Virginia state troopers were called to a house after a neighborhood argument got heated. When one of the cops approach the house a dog (who is chained up and WAGGING HIS TAIL) gives a bark prompting the cop to of course pull out his gun.

It's clear the in the Op . However the video tells a differing story , Like I stated many times EVERYONE HERE including YOU ignore the THE VIDEO where you can HEAR the dog ATTACKING or ATTEMPTING TO ATTACK the officer .

Why do you keep IGNORING THIS FACT ? Put on some Head Phones and LISTEN !.

Since when had a gun being pointed at a dog ever deterred it from protecting its property from an intruder? Oh wait! It hasn't.

derp derp ! you think ? I was referring to what you posted here

One of the things they teach you when you are obtaining a lawful permit to carry is do not draw your weapon unless you intend to use it

quite simply this is incorrect.

So its obvious the LEO pulled his gun because the dog lunged at him or tried to attack him. It does not take a special eye or ear to see and hear the video .

WATCH THE VIDEO AND LISTEN !

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I myself am confused as to how just pulling a gun might be enough to calm the situation in regards to a DOG..lol, my money is on a dog seeing it as an aggressive move as opposed to thinking.."I better simmer down or this gentleman may shoot me"

If they "knew" the police where otw they should of put the dog away regardless, still this guy got butthurt and arrested the woman why?
Also the probable illegal search and seizure is inexcusable
edit on 9-8-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Are they specifically trained to shoot dogs because they are somehow a threat? It's like he drew his weapon on instinct.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes the small puppy may have caught him off guard, but you can tell what's important to that cop. Our lives DO NOT stand in the way of the omniscient commands these petty officers receive. A bite from a small dog is this most these police officers will be confronted. THIS IS WHY COPS CARRY TASERS
Every situation doesn't need to be lethal.
Protection not Oppression.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My dog is a 45 pound lab mix who loves to chase tennis balls and sing back when we tell him the party's over.

Anyone who tries to shoot him, badge or not, on MY property, is in for a hell of a night.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't see that the officer was ever going to shoot the dog. The officer also did nothing illegal. Did you miss the part of the video where the girl swings at the officer?

Edit: I did however see/hear a dog almost attack a police officer, and that officer showed good restraint not not immediately shooting the dog...

I guess it's a lose lose for cops these days.

edit on 9-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Good luck with that.

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Watch the video, she swung at him.

a reply to: vonclod

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The real movement that needs to happen here is #dogslivesmatter.

F the #alllivesmatter
F the #blacklivesmatter

Dogs are about as perfect a creature as possible, so far beyond anything any human could attempt to be.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Dogs kill each other to claim dominance and kill members of rival packs, they also eat their own sh*t...

a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

(post by alienjuggalo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I dont blame her..he was going to "likely" plug a member of her family, again I will say you don't pull a gun to intimidate a dog..you pull it because your ready to shoot it. Anyway lucky dog, brave woman..does billy badass not understand the situation that it's not cool to shoot pets, he didn't need to arrest the woman..ya I get he may be within his rights that are given to him..just because your little golden book says you can doesn't mean you have to.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I did however see/hear a dog almost attack a police officer, and that officer showed good restraint not not immediately shooting the dog...

Or is it you just have an irrational fear of dogs and you are seeing what you want to see...?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm biting my lip,because I'm so pissed off..WTF,does it take for a so called "man" to shoot a chained Dog?

edit on 10-8-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Did he shoot the dog? No. Did he have time to shoot the dog before she stood in front of the dog? Yes. Did she swing at him when he attempted to move her out of the way? Yes.

Rule #1, never swing at an officer. You'll get arrested every time no matter how justified you think you were.

Again, all this video shows is an officer actually show restraint in not immediately shooting the animal. Then the woman swings at him...

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join