It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero mom saves dog from sadistic cop, then gets arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah it's my title.

West Virginia state troopers were called to a house after a neighborhood argument got heated. When one of the cops approach the house a dog (who is chained up and WAGGING HIS TAIL) gives a bark prompting the cop to of course pull out his gun.

As the cop stands there pointing his weapon at a chained up happy dog a woman gets between him and the dog, so he throws her to the ground and arrest her for obstruction.

I honestly believe she saved the dog from getting shot so her misdemeanor obstruction charge was worth it. Because god forbid the cop just take two steps back and be out of reach of the chained up dog wagging his tail.

The family says after realizing they were being filmed the cops entered their home and confiscated all digital recording devices and they just recently got them back.

They say her court appointed attorney is married to a state trooper and they wont let them switch attorneys.

Someone should start a go fund me account for her for saving her dog.

Cliff’s dog, which was on a chain, merely barked as the officer walked up to the home. His tail was still wagging, and he seemed to calm down immediately. However, the fact that this dog was on a chain, not growling, nor posing any threat whatsoever, was of no consequence to the state trooper who quickly pulled out his service pistol, took aim, and almost killed the dog.

Before the state trooper could shoot the dog, however, Hupp’s daughter, Tiffanie courageously stepped in between the dog and the officer to prevent the puppycide.

The state trooper, seemingly offended by the woman’s attempt to thwart his dog killing, then proceeded to attack Tiffanie. Hupp explained to the Free Thought Project what happened next,

link

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Geez, cant wait for the excuses to come on in. I would have done the same thing even if i dont own a dog myself.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

They have to switch her attorney based on a conflict of interest. She can refuse to participate in the following court proceedings until adequately represented however may get held in contempt of court.

Tell her to tell the judge that her attorney is in conflict of interest with her case and that she cannot continue until she feels like as has adequate representation. It happens more than you think it probably won't bother the judge at all.

She can get a state attorney if she does it right.
edit on 8/8/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If there is a conflict that results in Law Enforcement appearing on scene, please keep your furry pals inside and out of the interaction. Glad puppy is ok, but things can escalate in a fraction of a second seconds with animals. Best keep things as quiet and focused on the matter at hand without additional things to worry over for all involved.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Come on my property and threaten someone or something that has more right to be there than you. I don't care how many badges you have on. The proverbial # with hit the reciprocating fan.

What do you guys think? Hypothetically ofcourse.
2 armed men come to my house stepped on my property and shot my dog. They then assaulted my daughter who ran to the aid of the dog with an armed weapon still in hand. I thought they were going to shoot her aswell so I shot them both in order to disarm them and defend my family on my property.

These men did not present themselves as officers. As far as I could tell they were thugs mascarading as law enforcement officers who came to do harm.

Drawing a weapon is the last thing you should do. You dont step on somebodys lawn and draw your gun unless you want to exponentially elevate the situations stress and make for hasty judgement calls by both parties.

I pray to the one true that she counter sues their department for aggravated assault, mental stress and burden. Aswell as trespassing. And got dangit somebody take his badge, the damn bully doesn't deserve it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The dog was just standing there as the cop drew a bead on its head. Despite that the dog started barking and approached only after the officer stepped up on their lawn (the dog was defending), the officer didn't have to fire and the lady was initially trying to get between them. Then the officer reached out to her, that escalated things on her part.

The officer could have just said, get control of your dog, take (buddy) inside, please, instead of grabbing her arm.

Pretty lame actually on his part. Other dogs might have really gone off when you grab at their master.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
Come on my property and threaten someone or something that has more right to be there than you. I don't care how many badges you have on. The proverbial # with hit the reciprocating fan.

2 armed men come to my house stepped on my property and shot my dog. They then assaulted my daughter who ran to the aid of the dog with an armed weapon still in hand. I thought they were going to shoot her aswell so I shot them both in order to disarm them and defend my family on my property.

These men did not present themselves as officers. As far as I could tell they were thugs mascarading as law enforcement officers who came to do harm.

Drawing a weapon is the last thing you should do. You dont step on somebodys lawn and draw your gun unless you want to exponentially elevate the situations stress and make for hasty judgement calls by both parties.

I pray to the one true that she counter sues their department for aggravated assault, mental stress and burden. Aswell as trespassing. And got dangit somebody take his badge, the damn bully doesn't deserve it.

I honestly feel if i witnessed a cop come on my property and shoot my dog, i would likely get shot to because i would have attacked the cop. Its onky human nature to act hostile in such events like seeing a family member gunned down. One day the people with unite against this bull #. Can you see it in such a scene as this. People come from all side and surround the cops. A shot gets fired and they attack the cops.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Words fail me.

WTH was going through that poor excuse for a human beings head when he pulled a gun on a chained up dog?

Kudos to the woman for stepping in.

I hope the courts see this for what it really is.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

As to your scenario "You can do anything once" !

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

at least sob has some courage

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I am going to go off the record here and offer up a differing perspective. Its obvious the LEO's are conducting an investigation ,they had prior permission to be on the property it seems . Judging by his actions it looked like the dog tried to jump on him or lunge at him. you can clearly hear the dog growling in and manor that would suggest and attack . The LEO pulled his gun , Rightly so , he might not have had any idea that the dog was chained up when it first lunged at him.. As he was trying to asses the situation the woman shouted "you cant do that " then the dog looks and wags his tail . The LEO still trying to asses the situation still had his gun drawn and instead oftrying to deescalate the situation the woman decided to confront the officer in a negative manor.

I am not going to justify his actions after that , I feel he was a little excessive after that . but in his defense he was prob a bit shaken up .

I am sure I am going to get flamed for this , but you can really clearly hear the dog what sounds like to me trying to attack the LEO.

Kap

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yes, obviously she obstructed his need to shoot the dog by preventing it from being a danger to him. Or something.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This crap is getting out of hand. LEO's scare the heck out of me these days.

#doglivesmatter

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It's incidents like this John Titor was hinting at that would cause a civil "conflict" within the "United" States....

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

All of that is well and good in theory - of course none of this should have happened, the cop drawing the gun etc, but it DOES
and very frequently and what is right and noble just doesn't matter any more.
Cops act with impunity and kill and shoot and bully and assault - we don't live in the days of the polite local officer who knows people's names and acts cordially and keeps their cool and is polite and respectful and only uses any hint of force when absolutely necessary.

Of course you'd be within your rights to defend your family and property but I pretty much guarantee you'd end up dead or get life in prison for it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
That officer should be "sentenced" by his governing city council to a week's work in a dog shelter, so he can learn the difference between an attacking rabid protecting massive animal and a wagging puppy. Not very smart to pull a gun (I remember when every time a police officer pulled his or her gun in the U.S. they had to write up a report, is this still valid?) or to arrest a young girl for risking her life to protect the dog. Woof.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It won't be long until people start defending themselves and their pets.

IMO anyone would have been justified shooting that officer. Sorry.......back to cop hater today.

Edit: I'm not saying that this would be a good idea of course. I can just see it happening.

edit on 9-8-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

That girl's lucky *she* didn't get shot. I mean, the cop was just a few feet away from the dog, with his freakin gun drawn and she steps in front of him? And THEN argues? Not the brightest girl on the planet. At least call the dog away, or go over and grab hm by the collar, but to stand in front of a cop with his gun drawn? Smh.

That said, I can now see the obstruction charge. She started arguing with him and she was not exactly calm. Not sure what words were exchanged, so I don't know if he told her to go back inside or what.

I really don't like the bias in the article, either. Too sensational.

was of no consequence to the state trooper who quickly pulled out his service pistol, took aim, and almost killed the dog.

Granted, he was caught off guard by the dog, which explains his behavior. He didn't know it was initially chained. To me, it looked like he just had the gun out in case the dog decided to attack (by the way he was holding it) and that he wasn't "about to shoot it." That's just my impression, but we all know how cops like to shoot family pets.

The deal about the attorney, though, is severe conflict of interest. If those people had any sense they would make that known to the judge and refuse participate in proceedings.

:/

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

the cops entered their home and confiscated all digital recording devices

How is this even remotely legal?

On what pretext can LEOs enter a house and confiscate anything without a warrant?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: thorfourwinds

the cops entered their home and confiscated all digital recording devices

How is this even remotely legal?

On what pretext can LEOs enter a house and confiscate anything without a warrant?

The pretext is its all covered under department policy..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join