I wrote this on another thread about the same subject and thought it would be appropriate to copy it here.
I've met a few girls from online dating sites... And usually (in my experience), there's something wrong with them that causes them to be rejected by
I tried something of a little experiment one time. I decided to see what it was like being female on a dating site. I got a bunch of pictures of some
random girl; just an average-looking, everyday girl. Then I set up a simple fake profile with those pictures. I didn't write much on the profile, just
enough to not leave it completely blank.
And I was completely inundated with messages from guys of all ages. Hundreds of messages. And they're all the same too. "Hey baby, you look good, we
should get together", "Hey, you're pretty hot, wanna meet up sometime?", "Hey, if you send me pics of your boobs, I'll show you my d**k".
So I was left wondering... Why the hell are women putting themselves out there on online dating sites, when this is the result? And then I get back to
what I said at the beginning. There's usually something wrong with them.
The last girl I met from a dating site seemed all fine and nice, but
then I found out she was a drug addict. Another I met before her was perfectly normal... Until I found out she has to wear a wig because she rips her
hair out, and also has a voracious appetite for sex (she now has sexually-transmitted diseases). Another girl I met online I'd only been talking to a
short time when one night she texts me and tells me she's sitting outside my house. A huge portion of profiles I see on one particular site are women
who have one or more children and demand that the male be ok with that and good with kids, ie "take care of my kids for me". Aside from that, half the
profiles are generic, cookie-cutter things that don't even differentiate the person from anyone else. "I like music and going to the movies and
sometimes I like to stay at home and relax".
I do have to clarify something though. I'm not necessarily judging anyone. I really could care less if someone is a drug addict, or a sex freak...
whatever. I had a best friend who was mentally ill. I had friends who did drugs. I had friends who had kids. It doesn't bother me. I have my own
problems like anyone else, so I'm not looking down on anyone. The point I'm making is there's a reason many women are on online dating sites.
But let's not generalize all these women, because that's ignorant. Let's say for example, maybe only 1% of them fit the above. The other 99% are
perfectly rounded, normal individuals. So let's look at it from the guy's side.
You're a guy and you make a profile on a dating site. Be prepared to have a soaring-high self-confidence. You could be the nicest guy in the world,
but the harsh reality is, every time you message a girl on a dating site, there's a hundred other guys trying to say whatever they can to hook up with
her. You're going to get rejected... ALOT. You might be having long, awesome conversations with someone over the course of several days or weeks, and
then *poof*, she stops talking to you. No more conversation. Now imagine this happening over and over and over again for months or even years. It's
easy for any guy to start to wonder things... "Is something wrong with me? Am I not attractive enough? Did I say the wrong thing and scare her away?
Is she ignoring me because she found someone more interesting? Was she just looking for someone to have sex with?" I've personally faced this dilemma
many times. I'd be talking to some girl for quite some time, and she seems all excited to meet me and expresses her desire to get together and do
something... And then suddenly, she's gone. Probably because she decided one of the hundreds of other guys messaging her was better.
edit on 8/9/2015 by trollz because: (no reason given)