It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video..Topeka police officer fatally shoots retired judge's dog in his backyard

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Very very sad, I love dogs.. But.. I guess the judge, a man of the law, thinks he is above it, by not restraining his dog. His house is not fenced in, it was free to run around. If some girl scout came to deliver cookies, well....As unfortunate as it is, the cop made a decision.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JalapenoPepper

The dog had an electronic fence and knew not to leave the yard or she would be shocked.
edit on 9-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: celticdog
They don't have any training for this scenario. Go in someones backyard there might be a dog. Not omfg a dog and shoot. As the poor lady said to this moron, why didn't he knock on the front door. All these types of videos the first reaction is to grab gun,escalate situation to the point were they get to use their gun instead of using their brain, talking and listening and calming things down.But they bully people and don't listen because they have a badge, this means they don't care for people or their dogs. It is also funny the cop said he had a dog too so should have known how a dog would react towards him. Like I said were is the training.

Did you not watch the video? He did not knock on the front door because he was responding to an alarm....... In those situations you want to catch the person, not warn them that your there. It was a good shoot, but a very sad one.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

The dog had an electronic fence and knew not to leave the yard or she would be shocked.

Understood... But the cop did not know that. As a judge, with a fancy house and an alarm, he should have known to call the police after it went off.. It is a sad mistake but the Officer is not to blame.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JalapenoPepper

Understood... But the cop did not know that. As a judge, with a fancy house and an alarm, he should have known to call the police after it went off.. It is a sad mistake but the Officer is not to blame.

Jalapeno!

The alarm wasnt his house... and yes the cop is to blame.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Jalapeno!

He goes to check out a house, a dog charges him... What was he supposed to do? Talk to it? I have had the police come to my house once over a neighbor dispute. I locked my dog in the bathroom..

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Jalapeno!

He goes to check out a house, a dog charges him... What was he supposed to do? Talk to it? I have had the police come to my house once over a neighbor dispute. I locked my dog in the bathroom..

Jalapeno!

Uhmm Hit it with his baton, hit it with his flashlight, taze it, kick the 26 lb dog, or effin run.. What you dont do is pull out your gun and kill someones effin dog, when you in their backyard.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Jalapeno!

Jalapeno!

The difference being you knew the cops were coming so you put your dog away. Did you see the part where this cop had been convicted of killing a guy?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Is this high school? "A pussy"? You'd call me a pussy if I shot the damn dog? Hey, guess what, friend? WHO CARES! You're touching on a tangential favorite topic of mine on ATS: the tissue paper thin skin Americans have developed of late. You're opinion of someone is 100% meaningless here, that includes whatever's insults and childish names are chosen to be slung around ala kindergarten at recess. The only thing that matters is whether the cop broke the law or policy.. He didn't. In fact, the article is pretty clear that he faces 0 discipline over this. So yeah... violating policy and breaking the law will cost my job, but rude names and insults are laughable would be an apropos bastardization of the old "sticks and stones" rhyme children used to be taught.

Regards
~the Pussy

First let me start with this... At 18 my girlfriends moms chow/pit mix bit me in the face as i bent down to pet it... I had to go to a plastic surgeon and get sewed up and a 8 k medical bill...

Liquesence he shouldn't apologize as the old saying goes if the shoe fits wear it brother. And below ill describe another disease going on here in the states..

And burdman you touch on one of my favorite topics the current and ongoing feminization of American males. If you have to taze a 7 y/o you are in fact a pussy. If you as a grown man have to shoot a 26 lbs dog as a first option yes you are in a fact a pussy. You keep talking about growing layers of skin why don't you grow some balls first?

Im sick of the feminist sissified sissys that lots of American males have become today.. You know what jack?? You want to get in a freaking profession where there may be conflict? You train your freaking ass off in the gym, street, and dojo. If you do that not every single situation requires a gun for the smallest of threats!

Instead of eating doughnuts everyday and becoming fat, slow, weak, and unable to perform your job.. ( like defending yourself against a small dog or small unarmed person without using a fire arm as the first option). Most cops are not truly fit and just do enough to get by the PT then let themselves go..

You see I run a lot, I work out a lot on the street. Ive had ankles biters chase me. I once had a 50-60 lbish boxer come running up to me at night while jogging. I turned around and was about to plant a right foot on the side of its head when I saw its owner and he called it off. I kicked a Lab beside its noggin once and it turned and ran the other way..

Ive handled this and many situations without a gun.. Ive handled many situations when i was a bouncer in my 20's without a gun. I was in way worse situations than what this cop who faced a 26 lbs dog was in...

And guess what bubs? I didn't need a mfkin gun... All I needed was a little brain power (common sense), smooth talking , and every now and then some muscle..

Its funny I haven't needed a gun yet against any dogs/people... What makes me so special? Maybe a lil testicular fortified and common sense? Im not quite superman but i take pride in myself and dont sit around eating twinkies surfing the web all day.

A lethal gun shot was not needed to handle this situation . I woulda kicked that dog right beside the head or shot in the air and watched it scurry away with its tail between its legs.....

Some cops/people just wanna shoot something.... and anyone who thinks all cops are good are just as idiotic as the people who think all cops are bad... You guys are just opposites of the same coin...

And go ahead call me a internet tough guy warrior ill just point you to the records of My Spartan race top 1% finishes... My Sub 4 hour marathon finish the Sunday right after the Saturday I ran USMC 6 mile Obstacle run. 2 races in one weekend. My 350 lbs bench and numerous other physical achievements.

edit on 9-8-2015 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2015 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah, psi jaw bite from a boxer mix is still going to cause damage. Doesn't make for an excuse of the officers action though, not standing up for him but damn. I'm wagering because of all the Breed Specific Legislation hysteria on top of officers having issues on dealing with dogs accordingly, he may have figured that the dog was an APBT(Pit Bull) mix and even despite that probably figured his legs were about to be mauled, etc.

Case in point to have beware of dogs signs in your enclosed backyard entrances and in direct view. Not sure if the judge(don't want to watch the vid, sorry) had one. To it could changed the outcome, to have prevented it, of the whole thing. Again not saying I'm standing up for the officer, who in the end may not even be charged, but in these times with potential issues as such gotta take precautions.
edit on 9-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I wish so freakn bad sometimes I could go back in time magically put myself in that cops situation HANDLE it without a gun and then play it back to the cop defenders... It would shut them up so quickly..

I know 100% SURE as the sun comes up i could have handled this without killing the dog and me being badly injured if at all.... Now why couldn't he? I feel more and more special everyday with these type of cops and there defenders. Cause evidently im superhuman and they aren't.

Thanks for the ego boost guys!

edit on 10-8-2015 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Yeah, I think I'd have shot the dog, too.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I just got back from a camping trip where the closest neighbor had 6 dogs not on a leash came rushing into my campsite barking up a storm, right at me.

I smiled at the dogs and 2 of them came up to me licking my hands.

People like these are the real terrorists in this country and am afraid of them.

What can we do as citizens to protect ourselves from these kind of monsters?
edit on 10-8-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Gotta love cop haters eh . And it is absolutely amazing that although many claim to have been bitten by dogs none were hurt . Here is another angle , can the police really take the time to pacify dogs when there may be human lives at stake , including his own if he is pre occupied with a dog .

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Gotta love cop haters eh . And it is absolutely amazing that although many claim to have been bitten by dogs none were hurt . Here is another angle , can the police really take the time to pacify dogs when there may be human lives at stake , including his own if he is pre occupied with a dog .

Enough with the labels it doesn't help,what if i lowered myself to your level and labeled you a dog hater ?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

With 3 dogs , go ahead . BTW is had that really bad feeling you get sometimes while i was watching the video . The dog was doing what it was supposed to do and it is not possible that anyone could feel sadder for the dog than i . Lower than me , ha ha , sleepless night ahead . Not .

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

All you have added to this thread are labels,this is your second dig to burdman about cop haters,i just pointed it out so laugh all you want ..now

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
On a side note

"A 9-year-old Bakersfield boy is being called a hero after he saved a girl and her dog from a larger dog that attacked them. ..Heredia said he jumped on the larger dog and applied a choke hold that he learned while taking classes at a Brazilian jiujitsu studio in southwest Bakersfield."

www.bakersfieldnow.com...

A shame 9 year olds have bigger balls....

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Animal control officers later identified the dog as a mutt comprised of pit bull, shar-pei and rottweiler.

That's a pretty big and dangerous dog.

I stand by my original assessment.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Maybe the dog thought the cop was a cat. Cause all I seen was a pussy with a gun

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join