It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video..Topeka police officer fatally shoots retired judge's dog in his backyard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I have been attacked by dogs before. My name is because I have lots of experience with dogs. I've been bit plenty of times. Never had to kill a dog, and never needed a gun. I, unlike the police, am not a coward.

Unless it's a pack of dogs, I'm not worried. One dog is not going to kill me unless I'm an idiot and panic.

My point being the "I'd scream for a cop to shoot a dog if it was attacking me" is a ridiculous characterization.

Every time I've gotten bit by a dog it was my fault due to communication failure or me not paying attention. Certainly not something to kill the dog over.
edit on 8/9/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah they can be aggressive but they bite your shoe.. Would you shoot a small dog like that out fear?

My daughter had an ER trip thanks to a Daschund bite to her leg last summer. It isn't "Oh my God, my calf muscle has been ripped from my leg!" It is, however, we're going to have to collect all shot records plus a series of antibiotics and hopefully this doesn't get infected.

If I thought a dog was going to bite me and I was standing on justifiable ground, yeah... I'd shoot a dog before I'd take a bite.

what if you had a huge flashlight or a baton, or a taser, or pepper spray, or all 4, and you were in some in some innocent persons backyard would you still shoot a damm 26 pound dog?

I've been down this road on ATS before. If I learned anything from the "Cop issues speeding ticket to couple doing 95 to rush a dog to emergency veternarian care" thread incident of 6+ years ago, it's sometimes best to just smile and nod.

So

*smiling and nodding*

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Yeah they can be aggressive but they bite your shoe.. Would you shoot a small dog like that out fear?

My daughter had an ER trip thanks to a Daschund bite to her leg last summer. It isn't "Oh my God, my calf muscle has been ripped from my leg!" It is, however, we're going to have to collect all shot records plus a series of antibiotics and hopefully this doesn't get infected.

If I thought a dog was going to bite me and I was standing on justifiable ground, yeah... I'd shoot a dog before I'd take a bite.

what if you had a huge flashlight or a baton, or a taser, or pepper spray, or all 4, and you were in some in some innocent persons backyard would you still shoot a damm 26 pound dog?

I've been down this road on ATS before. If I learned anything from the "Cop issues speeding ticket to couple doing 95 to rush a dog to emergency veternarian care" thread incident of 6+ years ago, it's sometimes best to just smile and nod.

So

*smiling and nodding*

In other words no? Thats a good question because you know the cop had all 4 of those options right? He chose to dispatch the dog.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I neither said yes nor no. I smiled and nodded.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

a reply to: alienjuggalo

I neither said yes nor no. I smiled and nodded.

Well because by answering yes you are saying you would just choose to kill it first in a panic. So I assume its no, you would just hit it with your big ass stick.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
He shot a retired judges dog, not going to go too nicely this time im guessing.

That's right buddy!, watch how differently the "justice" system works for the higher castes.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

As the article stated, no charges nor discipline is coming the officer's way because he followed procedures. These are not the "caste injustice system" droids you are looking for.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So instead of trying to get changes implemented that might prevent such things from happening in the future...or at least mitigating them, all most of you are going to do is sit back and complain about it on line.

Who's the coward again?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Since most changes require fixing the corruption in my government, primarily focusing on that. This is just a symptom. I'm more focused on the government as a whole.

Is a big problem though, and I admit to having issues figuring out how best to combat it. I'm not seeing the right opportunity to do what's needed.

Though I'm starting to see others waking up.

As for being a coward or not? What would make me not a coward here? Waging war on the police and dropping to their level? Not too mention, it's not really they're fault, it's their handlers.

Is like a violent dog, is more often cause the owner made them that way by being irresponsible, or pushing them to be that way.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: abe froman

As the article stated, no charges nor discipline is coming the officer's way because he followed procedures. These are not the "caste injustice system" droids you are looking for.

I just have to ask when I come to threads like these and see how people are labeled anti cop, have you ever commented in a thread about anything to do with cops being wrong and shared that opinion about how wrong the cop was? Do you have a link, if so? They can't always be right and surely you have seen cases where they were wrong. Just wanted to read your comments on the times you felt they were wrong and made several posts letting everyone know.
edit on 9-8-2015 by keenmachine because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Who said anything about waging war on the cops?

Any problems with cops are merely symptoms of a larger problem. Lack of oversight. ...and guess who's job, nay responsibility, it is to provide that oversight?

Us. You. Me. You know, the voting public. The tax payers.

We are, ultimately, their bosses.

It's our job to make sure the bad ones, of whatever stripe, are weeded out. Or to at least make sure there are people who'll do it for us. It's called citizenship, the advanced course.

After all, if we don't give a flyin' whatever, who's going to?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

In the day of digital media, part of that is spreading the message, waking more people up to what is happening out there, or do you deny that? This is how the world socializes these days... sadly.

Also I agree, which is why I'm for bringing as much about how far this governments corruption goes. It's not just about dogs.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

I have criticized the actions of individual police officers before on ATS. As for a link to it? Dude, 7 years worth of posts in who knows how many topics is not something I have any interest in slogging through.

What I do NOT do, is participate in generalized cop bashing based on the actions of the minority. Interesting dichotomy here... if a person was to view crime statistics and make the statement: "African Americans are criminals" and base their entire participation in topics about African Americans on that premise, they'd rightly be called a racist and shown the door. Take, however, an even lower percentage of police who can be justifiably called "bad cops" and make the statement "Police are all corrupt pigs" and then feign indignation and butt hurt when someone calls your ass out on the stupidity of the statement. If it was in a movie, it would be laughable... since this is real life, it's just a sad commentary on foolishness and tunnelvision combined with America's never ending demand to have some socially acceptable outlets for the 2 Minutes Hate.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

It's one of the bad things, horrible in fact, about social/electronic media.

The sensationalist stories are the ones that get the hits, the retweets, the likes, even stars...thus people jump to the erroneous conclusions that "all" cops are bad. Even you yourself implied such with your "I'm not corrupt enough" comment.

I happen to know a police officer who is just about the most honorable man its been my privilege to know. As a cop. As a Marine. As a husband, and as a man. ...and there are thousands just like him out there.

...and all too many here would color him with the same brush as the bad ones who are out there.

That's what these videos push. All cops are bad. All cops are corrupt. Yadda. Yadda. Yadda. It gets tiresome.

Thank you so much, I'm aware there are bad cops out there. I've encountered them, and I ultimately won by getting them fired.

How about along with the bad, we also expose the good? Hmmm? Or is that too much to ask?
edit on 8/9/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The issue isn't that there's a minority of bad cops. It's that whenever there is they just get away with it with a slap on the wrist. If bad cops were hung out to dry like the general populace is when caught, rather than given a free ride, this wouldn't be the issue it is.

It has nothing to do with their being a few bad cops, but a system that lets those bad cops however few there are, keep doing it.

The reason there's a all cops are bad thing going on is, the only way the bad cops can be getting away with it, is for all these "good" cops to be looking the other way.

If these good cops were so good and honorable, then anytime a bad cop did something to besmirch the good reputation of the police force, they'd be hung out to dry.

That's not happening though, instead the opposite is.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

The I'm not corrupt enough is true. I wouldn't be able to ignore any cop who's doing anything but up-keeping the peace with honor. How long do you think I'd last in any police unit, where they've established what they consider acceptable "stretches" of the law?

I'm not one of the boys, am I to turn my head long enough to get respect? I'd be nobody and a trouble maker, and an ethical prude. I'd be dead meat from day one.
edit on 8/9/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I'd be more likely to buy that line of reasoning if it wasn't for the FACT that even in the cases where an officer has gone to trial and been found "Not Guilty" by a jury of everyday, non public employee Americans, there's rioting and chaos in the streets. It's watching selfish little children throwing tantrums because they're not getting their way. That's neither the American way nor the mature adult way, but it is certainly the way of the cop haters.

Then, when there is a case in which a cop does something illegal, is arrested by his peers, and the system judges him guilty... crickets chirp. Not only is there no acknowledgement at the time, there zero acknowledgement down the road during arguments such as this.

As far as the Blue Wall of Silence goes, how exactly does that differ from the "Code of the Streets" or "Snitches get Stitches" that the inner city residents live and die by?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You think they could hold back from the shooting bs just a little..especially when in someones yard/private property..it's not too much to ask really, take a nip and gtfo of the yard.. or kill someones beloved pet..pretty simple choice to me.
I wonder if he had pepper spray?
edit on 9-8-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The only time the cop is nailed is when there's like 30 times more evidence than would be required to convict anyone else. It needs to be so undeniable it's ludicrous to rule otherwise, and even then, they generally get a much more lenient sentence than we would. Add to that, that the officers friends are the ones that first get the evidence and how often there's been evidence of evidence tampering by the police...

As for the other thing. Like whole hands up don't shoot movement as an example. Wish I could find it, pretty sure I mentioned it was over a bull# reason, either here or at my last job, not sure which. I was on the opposite side of that one.

I was completely against where that all went.

And yes, there are people that take this too far.

There are full on cop haters for whom all cops are the sociopathic monsters of their nightmares, for whom there is no redeeming quality.

There are also full on cop apologists for whom the system is completely free of corruption and all cops reek of love and sunshine, who only ever harms others cause they were forced into it and can never knowingly do any wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

take a nip and gtfo of the yard..

Sure you would .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join