It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter activists interrupt Bernie Sanders rally

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That's big of them to apologize. They should really do their homework next time.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Though there is one thing positive to potentially come out of this. A lot of otherwise ignorant people might realize at least this ONE old white guy is not the problem, and is in fact part of the solution, and stop shooting themselves in the foot in this one instance...

One can hope...

One must understand, I'm anti-prejudice, I'm for fixing things, I'm just, anti-the-very bull#, regardless of who it comes from, that hinders these changes from taking effect.

Nothing pisses me off more than ignorance from the side that should know better, nothing pisses me off more than the people who like me, want equality and to fix this world acting in an ignorant hateful and divisive way.

The reason we can't fix anything, is we're too damn divided and keep seeing things as just about our little group.

Well the enemy keeping us all down is too big for us to defeat going it alone.

I'm glad they apologized. Now let's see them lend some support for him too. Don't just apologize, show some solidarity. He really is one of the best bets out of all the current options to make things better for them.
edit on 8/8/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah... I don't think it was so much not doing homework as a couple of people went off the rails.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

That's most likely the case. But that's why all these little movements are the problem, half the people fighting them are completely ignorant to what created the problem and the solution, too busy fighting the symptom they themselves are feeling personally.

They just know their cause, with no concept of why the problems exist, who their allies actually are. They don't know who's fighting the same fight against the same enemy, instead seeing a separate cause.

Our country is divided by separate causes, all with the exact same solution, which nothing can or will be done about, cause well, it's being fought separately and with lots of toe stepping.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

That's where education vs scorn comes in.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Good on them to step up and give some clarity.

Now, let's see it elevate to joining voices in progress. Some real good could actually come from this if managed correctly.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Nah, they're not doing their homework. This is at least the second time they've done this to Bernie.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

I think there's a huge opportunity for both too. I hope it happens.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
the black lives activists, look like bullies and thugs...

I will not support those idiots.. Where were the cops?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Bicent76
the black lives activists, look like bullies and thugs...

well its a pay check, undoubtedly funded by a third party entity too discredit Sanders, leaving hillary unchallenged , paving the way for the false left/right paradigm agenda...

since the group is heavy attacking Sanders for whatever reason & disregarding republican candidates , it leeds one too wonder

Paid Protesters

protesters demand paychecks for gig they were hired to perform

Paid Protesters with the Black Lives Matter movement have started a #CutTheCheck hashtag and held a sit-in at the offices for the successor group to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN)

two Soros-funded organizations, OBS and MORE, actually advertised for protesters

More Proof Of Paid Protesters

edit on 8-8-2015 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Because it gives them free publicity.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Bernie is a very intelligent man. Having said that, I have no doubts going forward he will have too engage with this movement one way or another; after all, of all the candidates running his record on civil rights alone is commendable.

He's already made several comments about BLM showing support for there cause; understandably so. However, moving forward, having a contingency plan in place that allows for such things to happen while being able to continue speaking is paramount.

In my opinion, I think Bernie should be prepared to engage the BLM activists; being unprepared, as it appears, then shutting down the event lends credence to they're apparent disconnect of who Bernie is and his record.

In my opinion, if it happens again, he should directly talk to them instead of his aides. Honor them to the crowd, give them they're moment and continue.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow.

Moments like these assure me that America is doomed. Way to much ignorance, self-entitlement, bigotry and animosity.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed, or eventually the whole world is going to be acting just like these women.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If your relying on any politician to make your life better, games over. Doesn't matter what party or views they espouse.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Normally I don't, BUT, I'm willing to give Bernie a shot cause a lot lines up to imply he's the real deal, even if he'll be an ineffective one.

All we need is for him to be real, fight tooth and nail, and either succeed and help or fail and further wake people up. If he's not the real deal, then we get more of the same anyway.

There's enough there I'd rather push for him then sit there and get more of the same anyway. At least something could come of it. Maybe he pushes back against the corrupt so hard he goes the way of Kennedy, becomes a martyr and people really wake up.

Anything is better than just going with another clear corporate stooge. At least he's iffy.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I hope they feel stupid now.

Why would they start now?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I'm utterly delighted to see this. They're showing up Bernie for what he is. An old white man who doesn't get it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Wow... That's all I can say is... Wow...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So I just saw his entire speech livestreamed at the UW and he really was spot on, even after BLM hijacked his speech downtown, and all this to a packed crowd of 12k with 3k more outside.

Link to speech

Those few paid protesters came across as idiots to most I'm guessing. 4 people with an obvious agenda stop one of the only candidates actually fighting the same cause from speaking? They didn't have a clear message to convey and were only there to disrupt, and it reminded me a lot of Alex Jones hijacking the gun rally when they wanted him to participate peacefully, but he just wanted to blow his megaphone in people's faces.

Uneducated protesters look really similar to stupid angry mobs IMO

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious?

Bernie is white, so he don't matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join