It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experience at work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hello folks. I'm new here, but I'dike to share an experience with you. It happened in Nov. '98 at a large ceiling tile mill I was working at. Part of my duties were to check pumps, wells, etc. outside which fed the stock into huge mixing towers. One evening at around 3AM I was in the far back end of the property trying to fix a leaking valve. As I was looking down, a very bright light shone at my feet and was gone. I thought it was someone on one of the towers with a spotlight, but when I looked, I saw nobody. About a minute later, the same light lit at my feet again. I thought one of my buddies were screwing around, so I turned again. Nobody around but me. Call it instinct or whatever, but when I turned back around to the valve, I looked straight up. It had no lights at the time, just a perfectly round disc shaped object sillouetted against the sky. I couldn't tell how high it was, but it seemed like I could throw a stone and hit it. It was completely silent and stationary. After a few seconds, 4 lights lit on bottom. They made a slow strobe pattern...top to bottom, side to side over and over. I was very scared, but in such awe I couldn't move or react at all. Then I saw a small object about the size of a beachball "bouncing" in the sky and coming my way. As it passed under a security light, it reflected very brightly like chrome. It went up to the "craft" and disappeared. The large round craft then lit all 4 lights a dull blue color and began to slowly rise maybe 50 feet. There was a silent flash of light, and it was gone. I don't know if it accelerated away or what. Way too fast to see. I never saw it but from the bottom angle. I was very shaken, but said nothing to anybody at work, and if anybody else saw it, they have never said so. Until writing this, I've only told my wife and 2 good friends but they haven't brought it up except in a joking manner, so I doubt they really believe me. Oh well, it was great to get this off my chest.
It changed my life forever, and I never look at things the same after this happened. Thanks for letting me share.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sorry for running all the sentences together and not paragraphing. I see that it's hard to read. I was too excited to finally write about this.

Cheers,

Slant

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
interesting story...and just an fyi...you can go back anytime and edit your previous posts if you feel ike you wanted it to look differently...just click on the "edit" tab next to your post

[edit on 29-12-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
interesting story...and just an fyi...you can go back anytime and edit your previous posts if you feel ike you wanted it to look differently...just click on the "edit" tab next to your post

[edit on 29-12-2004 by mpeake]

Thanks for the head's up. I'll try to make my posts more legible

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I must say you sounded very truthful as you told your story. I don't feel as if you're trying to decieve us at all. I wonder though why whatever entity which may have been piloting the craft of which you speak would have done what it did. Sounds like they were just playing with you. Perhaps testing your level of fear when it's doing nothing hostile at all but only attempting to gain your attention. It does sound like a test whomever may be controling that vessel may wish to perform.

I wish something like that had happened to me If I would survive it without a cardiac arrest, then it'd sure be a good story to tell.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I must say you sounded very truthful as you told your story.

How does one sound truthful when you are reading on a monitor?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's quite simple really. A liar can normally been found out with a great deal of ease. It's all in how the story is told. The reactions, the descriptions, the plot itself. If you're a member of ATS, you better learn how to tell who's telling the truth who who doesn't appear to be. If not, you'l end up building an underground bunker and hiding out until you're old and senile or something.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
I must say you sounded very truthful as you told your story. I don't feel as if you're trying to decieve us at all. I wonder though why whatever entity which may have been piloting the craft of which you speak would have done what it did. Sounds like they were just playing with you. Perhaps testing your level of fear when it's doing nothing hostile at all but only attempting to gain your attention. It does sound like a test whomever may be controling that vessel may wish to perform.

I wish something like that had happened to me If I would survive it without a cardiac arrest, then it'd sure be a good story to tell.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure there are jokesters aplenty here, hence so few responses. I can only describe what I saw, but have no idea what it was. I've often pondered many questions to myself such as.....

Why was there no sonic boom?

Why did it seem to "tease" me?

I don't know, but I've always felt it was extraterrestrial

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah, the story sounds truthful, no elleborate abductions and much details of the work enveiroment...

Very interesting, I would have been extremely scared...

I don't suppose you had any missing time?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Yeah, the story sounds truthful, no elleborate abductions and much details of the work enveiroment...

Very interesting, I would have been extremely scared...

I don't suppose you had any missing time?

I was deathly afraid. Petrified. No physical effects that I was aware of. This observation affected only one thing.... my interest in the unknown. This has changed my views in so many ways. It's been over 6 years, yet it still seems like yesterday.

Cheers,

Slant

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thats really interesting.A question for you.Did you feel any sickness or side effects after having encountered this.Like say feeling wierd later in the morning,any markings that seem out of the ordinary etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
thank you for sharing your story
I never had a chance to see UFO in real but I believe that you have seen that.
that is amazing

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33L
Thats really interesting.A question for you.Did you feel any sickness or side effects after having encountered this.Like say feeling wierd later in the morning,any markings that seem out of the ordinary etc.

No marks, etc. I did feel weak and shaky. A bit "tingly" I guess is the word.

I pretty much attributed it to being in shock.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
thank you for sharing your story
I never had a chance to see UFO in real but I believe that you have seen that.
that is amazing

At the time, it was no fun at all. Very, very scary. As time has passed, I have grown to appreciate the experience and (this may sound strange) priveleged to witness it

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You truly can feel privileged having seen something like that. Even better is that it has opened your eyes and your mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

If not, you'l end up building an underground bunker and hiding out until you're old and senile or something.

Damn...too late.

Very interesting account. Question, with the "spotlight", did you see a beam, or just the circle of light?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If not, you'l end up building an underground bunker and hiding out until you're old and senile or something.

Damn...too late.

Very interesting account. Question, with the "spotlight", did you see a beam, or just the circle of light?

I only saw the circle of light, which even though the craft was slightly north and right on top of me, the light seemed to come from high above behind me.
The workers at the mill had million candlepower spotlights but from the distance they would have been, the "spread" of the light should have lit up my whole area. This was a very bright light that quickly shone at the ground at my feet and disappeared. The only thing I can compare to would be like a huge laser pointer (the "spread" was about as big as a round coffee table.) Never noticed the beam.

new topics

top topics

join