It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know the title of this movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A few years back I saw a very good movie.

It was about a guy who was living in a different reality. He wears a mask similar to Rorschach in Fantastic Four. The film is modern and American. He narrates the story as though he is on a special mission.I remember thinking how original the film was at the time and I have never been able to find it since. It may be in black and white, but it is modern and if so was just done for atmosphere. Most of the narration is done from his dark apartment I think. Very strange, well done film.

I think he believes he is a detective or something similar. The way his dark fantasy plays out I remember it being very clever indeed.

SPOILERS REMOVED.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No idea what film you are talking about but sounds pretty sick- is it English or American or anything else you remember that could help us narrow the search?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It was very American. Like real New York apartment stuff.

It was not at all gruesome. Just very clever and tragic. Intelligently done. Thanks anyway. I have kind of lost hope on this because I never fail in my searches on the internet, yet have failed miserably to find this again. I streamed it online from one of the movie sites (free stuff).

Thanks so much for scratchin' your head over this with me.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You feel for both characters after spending this whole time in the mind of the main character. Clever stuff. The guy with the ideas on that movie had talent.

SPOILERS REMOVED.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

It sounds like Frank Miller's films honestly but if it was in the 90s I don't know what it would be. I'm really curious now lol dangit!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Lol, me too. I am convinced it is 90s or 2000s. Not earlier than that.

Darn! This doesn't usually happen, but this one has got me beat and not even the good old ATS can solve this.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I believe the movie you are referring to is Franklyn www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Human1428

You beat me to it by minutes lol. I believe that's what the OP is talking about as well though it's a British film from 2008.

Also it didn't escape my notice that the OP's username is (in addition to a Beatle's song title), also the title of a movie about a schizophrenic person: IMDB - Revolution #9 (2001)
edit on 2015-8-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Human1428

ATS does it again. Yes that is it. I may have got a few of the details wrong. Definitely.

WATCH THIS MOST EXCELLENT MOVIE - if you are into clever psychological stuff.

For me it is 9/10.

Big thanks HUMAN1428

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes that is it. I thought may be I had got a few details wrong. It is one far out film.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That film looks interesting, too. Another I will watch. Yes, you got mine from the White Album. John Lennon is someone I spent a lot of my musical journey with for many years listening to his music and all his words.

It is strange, but I always wondered what he saw in America, Americans and New York. Now I know after spending four years here on ATS, lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
For me it is 9/10.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

top topics

join