It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harscott High Cliff, Cornwall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Was down in Cornwall not so long ago and spotted a "Radio Station", as it is labelled on OS Maps, not far from Bude.

Looking at the map Harscott High Cliff seems to be the only reference point

Anyone know what this place is really called and what its function is?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here are some pix - I believe the 'Radio Station' is just what the OS map says. What its used for, I have no idea. Its obviously something to do with satellite comms.

Harscott High Cliff

Radio Station

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I first thought that it was linked to Goonhilly Satelite station - however the presence of the "Golf Balls" always arouses suspicions......

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think the place you're talking about is the Composite Signals Organisation ground station at Morwenstow.

The Composite Signals Organisation (CSO) has two other important outposts. One is on the rugged coastline of Cornwall, just south of Morwenstow at Lower Sharpnose Point near Bude. This "Wireless Station" provides extra intercept capability for GCHQ. Go to Multimap's site to view the aerial photo of GCHQ/CSO Morwenstow.

The other CSO site is deep inside English cider country, south of Taunton, Somerset, at the tiny hamlet of Culmhead near Churchstanton and has been apparently closed down. Again, this "Wireless Station" has provided additional intercept capacity for GCHQ. Go to Multimap's site to view the aerial photo with map overlay of GCHQ/CSO Culmhead. Most of the aerial mast assemblies at Culmhead have now been removed but a few remotely controlled listening antennae remain! The address search facility on the Old Maps web site discreetly lists the secret base as simply "Cipher House, Culmhead, Taunton"!

All the CSO sites at Irton Moor, Morwenstow and Culmhead are inextricably entwined with the US Government's NSA.

Read more about the CSO and it's links with the US NSA at

Alan Turnbull's Secret Sites Pages

zero lift

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gruffnut
I first thought that it was linked to Goonhilly Satelite station - however the presence of the "Golf Balls" always arouses suspicions......

Why would golfballs arise suspicion? All they are are to cover the more weather sensitive satalite dishes. Or does anything that looks like Menwith Hill suddenly become part of a global conspiracy?

Sometimes these things really are what it says on the map, or what they look like.

top topics

join