It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else practice self hypnosis as a kid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So I was listening to a podcast about hypnosis and they talked about fixed eye hypnosis.

This reminded me of something I used to do as a kid. I used to sit in my room(I was always grounded) and stare at my wall or ceiling until the room would change colors and I would zone out into this weird altered state. I used to do this ALL the time.

I always had an unusual preoccupation with Edgar Cayce and the Egyptian Pyramids in Gaza.

I used to get grounded a lot and I didn't have any toys so I was always reading the encyclopedias and other books I could find in my house and in my room.

Anyway did anyone else ever do this or any other form of self hypnosis when they were young?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I did...

I made one of these out of cardboard and an old record player motor....3 speeds.

www.121hypnosis.com...

edit on 8-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nice did it work?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Not as a kid, but as a teen I learned self hypnosis, and sometimes used a similar method to what you're describing.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I wonder how common of a theme this is with people who think on a certain level.

Let's take for instance, the critical thinker that is skeptical yet remains open minded vs the average thinker?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I also did..... Only once though since I tended to get impatient.

I remember the method was finding an imaginary spot on a white wall, while at the same time recreating a sense of sound and a feeling while also telling myself how long I wanted to be under.
I chose a spot and stared intensely at it while hearing the crashing of waves and the feeling of wind on my skin.... I zoned out and got back more or less at the time I told myself. ( i recall it being 30 minutes and I was within 5 seconds of that mark )

It didnt really do anything though. I recall it feeling more like a powernap than anything useful.
Atleast I find it easier to trance myself to mind developing results with semilanceata than selfhypnosis.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Oh dont know if it counts but I tried recently to meditate to the sound of a gong.
I did it eyes open and at some point my sight started to go flickering and monochromatic.... I was both uneased and amused so I lost focus. Again the impatience.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Yeah it's crazy I get to a point and then what happens is by trying to hold onto it you lose it.

You have to do this weird letting go to hold on thing whole remaining self aware.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Yep the good old hold on let go. I find it a lot harder than it sounds.
Works on all aspects of life by the way. If you love somebody set them free....

Are you able to perceive anything when you selfhypnose?

I also remember that I was "affraid" my parents would walk in on me so I couldnt let go hehe...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

I get into these weird dreamy states where I can maybe hold onto some info if I put effort into dream journaling and such for a while

It takes a lot of effort. It's almost like a job if you want to seriously traverse that world
edit on 8/8/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: olaru12

Nice did it work?

No, I don't think so. I have a short attention span, lost interest and traded it for a fly rod and broken reel to that kid with a round head.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I remember laying upside down and looking at the house all topsy-turvy and tried walking around outside of myself in the new perceived environment. Like consciousness transfer almost. Did that with mirrors as well. I still sometimes watch the ceiling fan turn and watch it change directions. I was very good a dissociating from reality at a young age. Now it's kind of permanent and I still have a hard time keeping up with subconscious manifestation sometimes. I think I may have inadvertently hypnotized myself to unusual thought explorations over the decades because I'm always trying to think in new ways and ideas, may have gone too deep on some things. Sometimes I still get lost at random if I don't keep my wits about me. It's always a mental journey somewhere.

Neat question, thanks!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

So I was listening to a podcast about hypnosis and they talked about fixed eye hypnosis.

Fixed eye; for me would be the third eye opening (do not recommend this) as you have a spinning disk about the size of a dime spinning in your vision that throws a visual distortion that warps and disrupts your focal point; always there; NO not a stigmatism that glasses can correct. To deliberately open ones third eye requires genuine effort (fast tract Buddhist Lamas do it with a heated wooden needle inserted between the eyes into the brain). Self hypnosis awareness as a child manifested as this: sitting in a classroom and going into a state of what was called THEN for better words "Daydreaming"; out of body watching the class function from another perspective.

edit on 8-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

I wonder how common of a theme this is with people who think on a certain level.

Let's take for instance, the critical thinker that is skeptical yet remains open minded vs the average thinker?

Hard to say. I've only known a handful of people in my life that even understood what hypnosis is without the stigma attached to it by most people. Which I'm sure you have encountered as well.

new topics

top topics

join