It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism and Cancer and Viruses and Endocannabinoids... oh my!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
While researching Dr. Bradstreet and nagalase and GcMAF for another thread, "Nagalase and vaccines and cancer and autism... oh crap!," I was intrigued by references to endocannibinoids I found. I didn't want to go off on too many tangents for that thread, but I did do further research and -- voila! -- this thread.

In conspiratorial terms, the same suspicions and accusations regarding a Big Pharma coverup of the nagalase and GcMAF would apply here; perhaps even increase those suspicions proportionately. But those folks so inclined to do so (like me!) can and will make their own connections. I don't want to focus on the conspiracy aspect here, but the healing science because it's just so awesome! It's all about giving the body what it needs to heal itself.

Please forgive me in advance for my simple attempts to share pretty complex stuff. It has taken me a bit of effort to understand much of the medical terminology and concepts involved, and much of it is still way over my head! If it seems that I am talking down to anyone, I apologize in advance... I'm just trying to explain it the way I had to figure it out. In other words, it says far more about me than you!!! If someone wiser than I can correct me or expand or clarify, I will be very grateful for your insight!

Our bodies' endocannabinoid system is a major part of our overall immune system. The endocannabinoid system comprises at least two receptor types, located throughout our body; a third receptor is suspected, even more are possible. These receptors are known as CBR1 and CBR2, with the latter being most closely linked with our ability to fight disease. Macrophage is literally Greek for "big eater." (PacMan comes to mind!).

Substances known as cannabinoids stimulate this CBR2, prompting it to produce monocytes (aka white blood cells), which can then produce another type of white blood cell called macrophages, which then fight off disease in our bodies.

Nagalase is a protein produced by cancer and viruses which effectively inhibits our bodies' ability to produce these white blood cells, allowing the virus or other disease to overwhelm our immune system. Many/most autism patients have an elevated level of nagalese also, which Dr. Bradstreet believes was introduced to the body through vaccines. He treated his patients with another protein called GcMAF, which is produced naturally by our bodies, but is deficient in certain diseases and conditions, including autism. The GcMAF supplements stimulate the endocannabinoid receptor, which then produces the macrophages (white blood cells) to fight the disease.

So, if I understand this correctly, the GcMAF would be considered a cannabinoid, i.e., a substance which stimulates the #2 endocannabinoid receptor. Other cannabinoids are found in probiotics, fats, and -- of course -- cannabis (marijuana). But it's not the THC in cannabis that stimulates the #2 receptor, it's the cannabidiol or CBDs, which are non-psychoactive. (THC stimulates the #1 receptor, regulating pain relief and appetite, among other things). Accordingly, High CBD cannabis oil is in fact being praised for its ability to treat autism, cancer, and infections of all kinds.

Likewise, as we would expect, probiotics are also showing some promise in treating these same conditions. And of course, some fats/oils, usually the essential fatty acids. (I have not yet heard of people being treated with lard though!!!)

And all this is possible by the work of a couple docs in the '90s studying and researching marijuana as medicine. How much have we retarded our medical knowledge and understanding by vilifying and criminalizing this blessed plant? How many people have suffered? How many have gone broke paying for expensive Big Pharma? How many have died?

Here are several articles/published papers with more information for anyone interested in reading further. And, again, I welcome any and all insight others can provide. I really liked the first link -- very simply explained and easily comprehended!

The Endocannabinoid System: What Nurses Need to Know, An Introduction

Wikipedia: Endocannabinoid system

Wikipedia: Cannabinoid receptor type 2

Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System

Marijuana cannabinoids found to help combat autism

GcMAF Treatment - The Science

The in vitro GcMAF effects on endocannabinoid system transcriptionomics, receptor formation, and cell activity of autism-derived macrophages

GC protein-derived macrophage-activating factor decreases α-N-acetylgalactosaminidase levels in advanced cancer patients

The endocannabinoid system links gut microbiota to adipogenesis

Cannabinoid CB2 receptors in the gastrointestinal tract: a regulatory system in states of inflammation

edit on 8-8-2015 by Boadicea because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thank you keep up the good work. I have skim read a few of those links. Thanks again for your posts.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thx for posting
...it will take me some time to get through all the info but until i do i will offer these 2 stories,i met a guy the other day who was treating his labrador with cannabis oil and he had completely removed the cancer and the dogs nose (still partially missing)was healing,i was blown away as it was the first time i had seen the evidence with my own eyes as opposed to an internet blog...

Secondly.. years ago sitting in a cafe in Amsterdam i met an American guy running a radio show from there and during one of our many conversations he proceeded to explain to me why he believed sickness and cancer were rampant in our society and the main reason being that we had cannabis in our systems since forever and now it has been removed from our systems we get sicker.....he may have just been onto something...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Thank you keep up the good work. I have skim read a few of those links. Thanks again for your posts.

Thank you -- I'm happy to share with others who find this interesting/valuable also. There's still so much research to be done, but it sure looks promising!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thx for posting
...it will take me some time to get through all the info but until i do i will offer these 2 stories,i met a guy the other day who was treating his labrador with cannabis oil and he had completely removed the cancer and the dogs nose (still partially missing)was healing,i was blown away as it was the first time i had seen the evidence with my own eyes as opposed to an internet blog...

Thank you for sharing that. I have seen a similar "miracle" with my own old black lab and arthritis. After just a few days of using a high CBD oil, he was moving and getting around much easier. After a week, he was running and playing again like a puppy. When I started, I was hoping for a little relief for him. I never expected a complete transformation! Like you, we were completely blown away.

Secondly.. years ago sitting in a cafe in Amsterdam i met an American guy running a radio show from there and during one of our many conversations he proceeded to explain to me why he believed sickness and cancer were rampant in our society and the main reason being that we had cannabis in our systems since forever and now it has been removed from our systems we get sicker.....he may have just been onto something...

I think that may be true! My husband sure thinks so. And the fact that our bodies have specific receptors for the cannabinoids sure seems to indicate that our bodies NEED these substances. I'm excited to see what future research reveals!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

As you quoted the Wikipedia, may I counter with The papers supporting the claims have since been retracted by the journals in which they were published?

That's true; a few original papers by Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto were published and then retracted after being challenged by an anticancer group. I noted that in my previous thread about the nagalase, wherein I was focusing on the conspiracy aspect, and I actually posted a link to one of the papers challenging his work. But I did not note it here because I was trying to focus on the science.

That's a whole 'nother can of worms though! Dr. Yamamoto is... um... something of an enigma. However, others have since done their own research, and come to similar conclusions. I believe the science is sound. It's the politics surrounding the research/findings that are questionable...

top topics

join