It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could choose a super power

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
what would you choose. i would have the ultimate knowledge. the ability to know all and realise all in truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The power to Heal others physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally...holistically heal them...to remove their pain, their troubles...to bring peace within themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
hmmmmmm..but then if you knew all...life would be so boring, thier would be know mysterys for you to ponder..for you know all!..you would not be on this website either.....i think all that truth would drive someone mad.
i personally cant think of a superpower..but when i do.....I'll post it
Deep

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The best superpower is knowledge.

If one is the master of knowledge then one is also the master of all superpowers.

For one must have knowledge of their power in order to become powerful.

Then again that Jedi mind trick is pretty cool too.

PC, would all knowledge cover Jedi power too???

Cause if it did then I could be a Care Bear, and then my life long dream would be complete.

Abraham

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
sure why not...

the greatest mysteries would then be revealed once one knew all. because i do not know all i cannot determine whether i will be able to keep on searching for something to use that knowledge for. once you have the deitic knowledge, then you could escape and create your own utopia

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i'd like to read peoples thorts. hehe my friends will be in for it then

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Having all knowledge...to know all...seems to me to be something I wouldn't want.

Knowledge is power some say...but knowledge is also a journey...seeking it is how we grow, how we become who we are meant to be. If we sidestep the journey...if we sidestep those lessons...and we immediately reach that pinnacle of knowledge...what then? What is point of life then?

Besides...I would not WANT to know all...for in discovery can be great joy...accomplishment...achievement and satisfaction. Why cheat yourself of that.

Also...to know all would also be to know ALL pain...to know everyones pain they feel...their hurt...their sadness...all of that. And frankly I couldn't deal with feeling every persons pain, and not being able to relieve every hurting person of their burdens...that would bring a feeling of such helplessness.

Sometimes ignorance IS bliss.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Also...to know all would also be to know ALL pain...to know everyones pain they feel...their hurt...their sadness...all of that. And frankly I couldn't deal with feeling every persons pain, and not being able to relieve every hurting person of their burdens...that would bring a feeling of such helplessness.
Peace,
ALIEN

Well that would be the same as healing power wouldn't it? In order to heal wouldn't you have to know everyones pain you are taking away? I've just thought of this with what you said though, as my power too would be to heal..but I think maybe I'd change that power to something else. Maybe no power at all? Because with any power you can ultimately become powerless in another sense?? Power=evil *eventually*
So I think I'll stick to what i have right now...I'm happy with the things I can change and just try to overcome and understand the things I can't..
Mag

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
Well that would be the same as healing power wouldn't it? In order to heal wouldn't you have to know everyones pain you are taking away? I've just thought of this with what you said though, as my power too would be to heal..but I think maybe I'd change that power to something else. Maybe no power at all? Because with any power you can ultimately become powerless in another sense?? Power=evil *eventually*
So I think I'll stick to what i have right now...I'm happy with the things I can change and just try to overcome and understand the things I can't..
Mag

Not entirely...to heal you might have to connect with their pain during the healing...but you would be removing it, so you would also feel that pain decrease. Ultimately that connection would be one person at a time also.

But to know ALL peoples pain...all at the same time...every person walking the Earth...the suffering of billions and billions of peoples...imagine the overload that would bring.

Power=Evil *eventually* ...not if the power is one that comes from light...and not strictly ours...rather we operate purely as the 'hands/workers' of that Greater Power. If we give honour to that Power, and seek no glory for ourselves...then we do not allow ourselves to become corrupted.

But I agree...be happy with what you can change...the rest is to be overcome and understood. Brilliant way of looking at it.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
We'll never know what it's like to have any super power anyway, so there's really no way to know what it could/would do to a person. Any kind of super power would only bring us further away, if not completely to being human. Whether it be to heal, ultimate knowledge whatever..we would no longer be a mortal and even perhaps that power would become not enough and we would seek more? I'm just not fond of the word power in front of anything..God is power and He is the only one who can do all things we cannot..I don't want to be God. Sometimes I wonder if He is even happy being Him??

*ramble mode off now*

So no powers for me please

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
We'll never know what it's like to have any super power anyway, so there's really no way to know what it could/would do to a person. Any kind of super power would only bring us further away, if not completely to being human. Whether it be to heal, ultimate knowledge whatever..we would no longer be a mortal and even perhaps that power would become not enough and we would seek more?

Very true indeed...great points there.

I'm just not fond of the word power in front of anything..God is power and He is the only one who can do all things we cannot..I don't want to be God. Sometimes I wonder if He is even happy being Him??

I totally agree with you there...He and He alone is the Power...so to it is His Glory.

...is He happy being Him? Mindblowing question...dunno...guess we can only wait and ask Him when the time comes.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think there was a topic this discussion, but i'll answer it again.

My first choice would be to have all of the abilities (including the claws, skeleton and bad temper) of wolverine--ultimate bada$$.

My second choice would be to have the powers of the Living Tribunal (from the marvel universe).

A third choice would be to have Silver Surfer's Powers (another bada$$)

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I would choose to know myself.
Once you know yourself, you can do anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The ability to speak/write all languages past and present.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The power to turn into anyone i wanted male or female , their looks, voice, completely them physically at will.

and

turn invisible/come back from being invisible at will.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Oh
...you meant X man style...

I thought you meant "Super Power" as in country...

I'm disapointed...

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I want the power to control other peoples thoughts

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I would want to be able to fly or maybe turn invisible because you could do so much.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
ha! a Nu!!! i haven't seen one of those things in ages!!!

@ mikes avatar

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'd take the power to make myself invisible/visible at will. Not that I'd use this to sneak into the cheerleader's lockerroom or anything like that, though

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join