It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RedState Editor Disinvites Trump From Conservative Gathering, Invites Megyn Kelly Instead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Donald Trump’s invitation to speak Saturday at the RedState gathering was rescinded late-Friday by editor Erick Erickson as a result of the real estate tycoon’s “inappropriate” comment about Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

Instead, Kelly was invited to take his place.

Oh thats too funny

n a post published online, Erickson explained that he has “tried to give a great deal of latitude to Donald Trump in his run for the Presidency.”

The RedState editor acknowledged that Trump is a “blunt talker” and thus “connects” with a large part of the Republican base. But he said that “there are even lines blunt talkers and unprofessional politicians should not cross.”

“Decency is one of those lines,” Erickson wrote. “As much as I do personally like Donald Trump, his comment about Megyn Kelly on CNN is a bridge too far for me.”

I know to my liberal friends this wont mean much, it IS redstate gathering of course

I just find it pretty damn funny that Trumps tantrums are heading in this direction.......

Thats fine, he can run 3rd party and if he keeps up his attitude, they arent going to want him either

www.theblaze.com...
edit on 8/8/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Aug 8 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Republican establishment have absolutely no idea how to handle Trump who is the front runner btw by double digits and even leading Bush on his own turf in Florida now. This quote seems apt and I know he was paraphrasing another quote by someone else so don't bother going there but I like the way he put it best.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.

― Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Congrats america, you are entering into a NO PC ZONE.

it's needed.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I may actually like Trumps existence even if I don't like him. He's tearing the GOP and the echo chamber apart.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thats fine, he can run 3rd party and if he keeps up his attitude, they aren't going to want him either

Trump won't be allowed to be the political front man for big business, they already run things from behind the scenes through PACs.

When its time he will fade to the background, having lent his "celebrity" to support the political process, on both sides.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonySarc
The Republican establishment have absolutely no idea how to handle Trump who is the front runner btw by double digits and even leading Bush on his own turf in Florida now. This quote seems apt and I know he was paraphrasing another quote by someone else so don't bother going there but I like the way he put it best.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.

― Mahatma Gandhi

Except that Trump has been the one ridiculing more than anyone.........just look at him........

hes like a big baby that got his baba taken away.......

One little question at a debate, and this man Who says he will be tough on China and Mexico, is melting down and throwing a fit like a 5 yr old......

Thats not strength, and doesnt give anyone any faith he could actually do what he says

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats fine, he can run 3rd party and if he keeps up his attitude, they aren't going to want him either

Trump won't be allowed to be the political front man for big business, they already run things from behind the scenes through PACs.

When its time he will fade to the background, having lent his "celebrity" to support the political process, on both sides.

after hes handed everything over to Hillary lol

I cant wait for the other debates, hes going to melt down even more......

Rand Challenged him and the guy got all mealy mouthed.......

Wait till the hard issues start coming about

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

In the other thread you said you didn't like repeating yourself but it sure doesn't appear to be that way...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

it's needed.

Theres a difference between being PC and having common courtesy........

What Trump displays is being misunderstood...........

Hes just branded it as "i dont like to be PC"

What the real issue is he is inarticulate, he has no tact, not common decency,is a bully, and doesnt care about anyone but himself, and thinks hes better then everyone else

Hes labeled it "Non PC" so that the ignorant masses will swallow it

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There's a lot of hub-bub going on right now but, from what I gather, Red State is losing its fan base in record numbers.

Nothing new or unexpected. Our house is once more divided... further and deeper. A nation of one people has long since been washed out by the tides of political animosity. Before long, we will be roughly 320 million Americans divided into 320 million sects, all at war with the person next door.

Dang sure depressing. I hate elections.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

In the other thread you said you didn't like repeating yourself but it sure doesn't appear to be that way...

Its my own thread, care to address the points or?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
There's a lot of hub-bub going on right now but, from what I gather, Red State is losing its fan base in record numbers.

Nothing new or unexpected. Our house is once more divided... further and deeper. A nation of one people has long since been washed out by the tides of political animosity. Before long, we will be roughly 320 million Americans divided into 320 million sects, all at war with the person next door.

Dang sure depressing. I hate elections.

hard to disagree with that!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I know, he's a Republican yet donated 6 figures to the Clinstone foundation?

Business as usual. Bribes, payoffs and kickbacks. Let some of that come to light. The complicit media is avoiding all that.

Just the bitch slapping…

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I know, he's a Republican yet donated 6 figures to the Clinstone foundation?

Business as usual. Bribes, payoffs and kickbacks. Let some of that come to light. The complicit media is avoiding all that.

Just the bitch slapping…

Indeed, hell he even admitted it during the debate , heck they talk about him being honest.......lol HELLOOO he just told everyone....

Whats more interesting than even his donations to Clintons are the phone calls to Bill Clinton talking to him about this presidential bid and Clinton encouraging him to do so......odd considering his wife is running....

But hey what are buddies for right?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Its my own thread, care to address the points or?

I care less about the most recent manufactured outrage and more about policy and what can be done to fix things. Rather than caring about whether Trump was nice enough to Rosie, Kelly or anyone else I want to know why no other candidate had a rebuttal to Trump or a solution of their own on healthcare. One of the few actual policy questions he was asked in the debate.

www.vox.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I do need to apologize for saying that 'I hate elections'. I don't... I just despise what the varied political cultures have done to the concept of people choosing people to lead people.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

it's needed.

Theres a difference between being PC and having common courtesy........

What Trump displays is being misunderstood...........

Hes just branded it as "i dont like to be PC"

What the real issue is he is inarticulate, he has no tact, not common decency,is a bully, and doesnt care about anyone but himself, and thinks hes better then everyone else

Hes labeled it "Non PC" so that the ignorant masses will swallow it

Well, I suppose according to your logic, I'll just join the "ignorant masses" in having a laugh.

Politics is a joke, and the fact people take this crap so serious is hilarious

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A misogynist dropped for a woman what a burn.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TonySarc

I care less about the most recent manufactured outrage and more about policy and what can be done to fix things

If that were true then you wouldnt support trump, because he has no policies to fix anything.....

Trump was nice enough to Rosie, Kelly or anyone else I want to know why no other candidate had a rebuttal to Trump or a solution of their own on healthcare

Actually Rand did have rebuttals to Trump as did a few others, im starting to wonder if you actually watched the debate...

One of the few actual policy questions he was asked in the debate.

Thats not an actual pollicy or solution.....he SUPPORTS a single payer system........hes got no solution to actually get it done viably........

Theres a difference between supporting something and having a solution.....

Trump ditto heads need to learn this distinction.......

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
A misogynist dropped for a woman what a burn.

LoL that was the irony I found it in too lol glad it wasnt missed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join