It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wouldn't it be a better planet if.....?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I call BS. Christians can't even agree on what to believe between denominations and born again Christians still commit crimes and vote to go to war. The world wouldn't be any better off.

If one is born into the Holy Spirit (born again) then they will not commit crimes against God. As far as going to war. In self preservation only would a born again person go to war.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Since most souls have birth amnesia (I assume we have it but cannot be 100% sure) we have to do the best we can.
. One step in the right direction is a step not having to be taken later.

Any soul needing encouragement in fixing it's wrongs should get it. A soul going in the right direction if amazing in itself. Maybe some soul need the belief the have a clean slate to not having to deal with all the load at one time. But the load will one way or another come back until it is fixed. A soul can move mountains one pebble at a time with the right determination.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

We can have heaven on Earth without religion. Being forced to believe in a religion is hardly heaven.

You will never see heaven on earth in my opinion and the op did not suggest that everyone would be forced to be a Christian. I don't know of any method to force all people to believe the same of anything. That would be unification of the minds and that will never happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That is why Yeshua transcends the religion created by Paul. Yeshua teaches to reach for non duality while Paul teaches duality in his image for his power hungry friends in Rome.

Oh boy. Another Paul bashing. Yes Jesus transcends all people and not just Paul. Paul has never claimed that he transcends the Son of God. That would be foolish.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

How about a world lead by Scientists and Educators? We could start advancing all our knowledge instead of suppressing it.

That could be the problem instead of the solution. Did not a guy named Adolph try that same thing?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Harmony requires two or more in order to harmonize. Anything less than dualism necessarily leads to stagnation or totalitarianism, whichever comes first.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat
a reply to: Nochzwei

How about a world lead by Scientists and Educators? We could start advancing all our knowledge instead of suppressing it.

Only if they do it for free.

Cuz science and education hasn't been manipulated to serve an agenda... like ever.. right?
edit on 8/8/2015 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I dunno, reminds me of movie Equilibrium.

So... You expect everyone one on the planet to maintain an outdated belief system despite all the evidence to the contrary? This would require the entire human race to deny evidence we can all clearly see, and delude ourselves into thinking it isn't real. It would have to be a collective global dissonance behavior, although it could be possible, I think you would probably have to drug everyone, remove all information technology, and constantly enforce the required belief.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

Well if you are a follower of Jesus and we all would be I would agree though this world be a great place. Warm/caring people who don't curse, lie, cheat as said in the opening post.. but sure many so called followers aren't followers at all..
He was not talking about how we all should go to church just how to be a good person.
In fact the current state how people are/behave would be almost like the opposite from Jesus lessons and just look at the current state of this world which is getting worse each year.
He wasn't preaching about that god made everything or how or when, only how to learn to be a person with a good hearth basically nothing more.

edit on 8-8-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the OP has abandoned the thread?

He/she has not replied because it appeared to me
from what was written that the purpose was
to force people to say as nasty of things about Christians
as they could.
And what appears to me to be his/her deceit of
purpose is succeeding somewhat.

Any real Christian, any bible reading Christian as the OP claims to be
would KNOW that
Jesus said there will be NO THEOCRACY on this earth.

Jesus was opposed to a Theocracy on this earth,
probably because he knew how twisted people can
be when they try to institute a theocracy:
(ISIS is the perfect example)

Jesus knew that a theocracy on earth would
not be a good thing and He did not come to
bring one.

Read the scriptures I posted on page one.

As a Christian who knows their Bible, I can tell you that the OP
has never been exposed to the entire Bible or the OP
would not say that a theocracy is desirable.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So are you calling it a conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Jesus teaches against self preservation. Someone who is truly Christ-like wouldn't go to war for any reason.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Well if you are a follower of Jesus and we all would be I would agree though this world be a great place. Warm/caring people who don't curse, lie, cheat as said in the opening post.. but sure many so called followers aren't followers at all..

Are you suggesting "followers" are all Warm/caring people who don't curse, lie, cheat?...LOL! Some of the most dishonest people I've ever debated call themselves "followers" and lie for Jesus daily.

He was not talking about how we all should go to church just how to be a good person.

How else are you going to brainwash the masses?

In fact the current state how people are/behave would be almost like the opposite from Jesus lessons and just look at the current state of this world which is getting worse each year.

Not a fact!
In fact, despite what the tv sells you we are living in the most peaceful period in the history of our species, and it's getting better by the year.

And it runs counter to what the mass media is reporting and essentially what we feel in our guts. Pinker and other experts say the reality is not painted in bloody anecdotes, but demonstrated in the black and white of spreadsheets and historical documents. They tell a story of a world moving away from violence.
In his new book, "The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined," Pinker makes the case that a smarter, more educated world is becoming more peaceful in several statistically significant ways.
His findings are based on peer-reviewed studies published by other academics using examinations of graveyards, surveys and historical records:

Read more

He wasn't preaching about that god made everything or how or when, only how to learn to be a person with a good hearth basically nothing more.

Are you suggesting you need religion to be a good person? I think not!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeah no true christian would be so bat-s##t crazy.....right?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i'll agree to disagree on this one. the historical record of religions' peaceful intent gone awry doesn't inspire confidence.

also i have no religious inclinations whatsoever. it's not my bag.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish
Are you suggesting "followers" are all Warm/caring people who don't curse, lie, cheat?...LOL! Some of the most dishonest people I've ever debated call themselves "followers" and lie for Jesus daily.

Nope already said that, probably most so called ''followers'' didn't learn Jesus teachings at all.. and often worse then ppl who don't yes. But again that ain't true followers. If you ain't a loving/caring person basically you by definition ain't a follower of Christ teachings.

Not a fact!
In fact, despite what the tv sells you we are living in the most peaceful period in the history of our species, and it's getting better by the year.

Ok maybe it isn't that bad still though just watch for example when the economy goes under. Many people basically care about them self only for a big part.
All this economic growth and with trying to have more and more, is in fact the driving force of climate change for example which will become the biggest threat humankind faces in the near future causing extinction from most species and maybe our own species.
Every country is in debt like crazy, imagine people can't live their lives anymore like they are used too, they all would loot and go nuts..
But sure I agree violence is down and such but for how long.. but if I'm right there are still a record people in prison in the US for example:

In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.

with climate change and again when the economy's start tanking (also because of climate change later on) again just look how civilized people really are!

Are you suggesting you need religion to be a good person? I think not!

No, but it sure can help reading his ways.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

edit on 2Sat, 08 Aug 2015 14:28:17 -0500pm80808pmk086 by grandmakdw because: because

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Hi All.

Now would it not be a better planet earth if, everyone on the planet were or becomes a truly Born Again Christian?
IMO yes. Praise The Lord.
Think about it. No wars, crime, lying or cheating. Majority of the problems this world is facing will come to an end
and we shall have Heaven of sorts on the Earth.
What say ya'll?

Hahaha! Perhaps you should look into the attrocities that religion in general brings to the world. This topic is just blind ignorance. Willfully? Not sure, but blind ignorance nonetheless.

No wars, crime, lying or cheating, eh? You do realize that only .07% of US Prison Inmates are Atheists, right?
Source

the VAST majority of inmates are Christian. Nearly 80%. The next biggest is Muslim, and in 7th is Jewish. Taking up a combined 9% more. Which means that the Abrahamic religions make up about 90% of all prison inmates.

Sorry bud, but you need to step out of your sheltered world-view and really take another look at reality.
edit on 8/8/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/8/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

This is one of those occasions where an old person says something racist and everyone just rolls their eyes because they're from a different time and can't help themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
He/she has not replied because it appeared to me
from what was written that the purpose was
to force people to say as nasty of things about Christians
as they could.
And what appears to me to be his/her deceit of
purpose is succeeding somewhat.

Other posts by the OP seem to indicate that they are indeed a christian.

Christian vs christian as pointed out early on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join