It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wouldn't it be a better planet if.....?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hi All.

Now would it not be a better planet earth if, everyone on the planet were or becomes a truly Born Again Christian?
IMO yes. Praise The Lord.
Think about it. No wars, crime, lying or cheating. Majority of the problems this world is facing will come to an end
and we shall have Heaven of sorts on the Earth.
What say ya'll?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I call BS. Christians can't even agree on what to believe between denominations and born again Christians still commit crimes and vote to go to war. The world wouldn't be any better off.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Now would it not be a better planet earth if, everyone on the planet were or becomes a truly Born Again Christian?
IMO yes. Praise The Lord....
What say ya'll?

I say you are being insincere.

This looks to me like someone trying to create another anti-Christian thread.

If you were really a Christian
you would know that Jesus spoke against a Theocracy
and was not for it.
You would also know that Jesus said Heaven on Earth
will never happen.

It will take an entirely new Earth for that to happen.

So I really don't think you are a christian
rather I get the impression you are
a Christophobe.

It appears that the purpose of your thread is not to support Christianity,
because you don't know enough about it from your statements to support it.

John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.” (Jesus clearly says that there is to be no Theocracy on earth :not of this world)

2Peter 3:13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Revelation 21:1 saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

John 18:37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. (this verse shows that Jesus did not come for a political kingdom or theocracy)

1Corn. 15:15 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. (there is no flesh and blood kingdom, no theocracy on earth)

A true Christian and one who is as zealous
as you claim to be
would know all of these versus
that are taught regularly in the majority
of churches and bible studies,
you would know that Jesus quite clearly
does not want a theocracy based on Christianity.

It is not for this world
Jesus said (ie not for the Earth)

edit on 11Sat, 08 Aug 2015 11:34:14 -0500am80808amk086 by grandmakdw because: additions deletions formatting to flow better and make easier reading

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

There should always be diversity in all things on this planet. The many, not the ONE.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hi All.

Think about it. No wars, crime, lying or cheating. Majority of the problems this world is facing will come to an end
What say ya'll?

I dislike the internet today.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I would say wouldn't the planet be better off without the major religions especially the warlike Abrahamic ones with 1000's of years of bloodshed behind them.

But that's just me I guess

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Weed was legal everywhere..

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I guess you overlooked that most wars are started by so called Christians.

We can have heaven on Earth without religion. Being forced to believe in a religion is hardly heaven.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes a planet full of Duggar family's would be great! [sarc]

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
considering most wars throughout known history have had a religious component
and collectively Religion has killed more people than everything but disease
then the world would be MUCH better off if there were no religions at
all!

as "good" as religions try to be human nature means there are always people that bend or
tweak the rules to suit themselves shia and sunni muslims or the various sects of Christianity
for example.
and some that use it purely as a means to power in itself see Roman Catholicism in the middle ages.

no im afraid IMO like "true" communism; religion is a nice idea screwed up by people and faith in a god or gods
should be left as a personal thing.
edit on 8/8/15 by ShayneJUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Hi All.

What say ya'll?

Sounds like somebody just found religion.

Please do not take this as a personal attack, its not meant to.

But I am sorry, some of the worst people I have met were born again Christians.

It is quite liberating to be forgiven for all the horrible things you have done your whole life without even a slap on the wrist. I honestly think that is why people can trade a life of drug addiction and crime for a life of religion and become so enamored and addicted to it.

It's just a way to shed feelings of guilt and remorse, and truly believe that you are forgiven. In all reality, you are not ever forgiven by the people you have wronged in your past until they tell you themselves.

edit on 8-8-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What if instead all became anointed instead, picking up their crosses like Yeshua told everyone? The Christian faith is not the answer. It has had 2000 Years to create heaven on earth for all. It failed miserably. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
edit on 8-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How about a world lead by Scientists and Educators? We could start advancing all our knowledge instead of suppressing it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Don't need religion to tell us all that stuff is harmful. We can't help what others do either. All we can do is try to keep from doing that stuff on a personal level.

The world might not be a better place, but it won't be that little bit worse, either.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Perhaps it best not to follow any one religion, but to embrace the goodness and light wherever you may find it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No one wants to answer your question, that is obvious.

Yes, humans would be happier if they followed the same religion, but the world itself would not get any better.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

It's just a way to shed feelings of guilt and remorse, and truly believe that you are forgiven. In all reality, you are not ever forgiven by the people you have wronged in your past until they tell you themselves.

A soul should fix the wrongs it has done even if it takes lifetimes (picking up the cross and taking responsibility on all levels). How can a soul be really free until it has fixed all wrongs it has caused? It is not about making the soul feel bad for what it has done. It is about setting all records straight.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Hi All.

What say ya'll?

I hope you will never come to power in any country! This kind of thinking started most of the worst wars in history.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

No one wants to answer your question, that is obvious.

Yes, humans would be happier if they followed the same religion, but the world itself would not get any better.

A religion based on duality can never give harmony (Yeshua vs Paul). Within Christian faith there is duality (infighting). Since all Abrahamic religions are based on duality they will never bring real peace. There will always be internal struggles/wars.

That is why Yeshua transcends the religion created by Paul. Yeshua teaches to reach for non duality while Paul teaches duality in his image for his power hungry friends in Rome.
edit on 8-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yeah yeah, I got it, reincarnation and all of that.

I feel like I have been a pretty decent person all my life but what if I was like a serial killer in a past life or something? How would I know how to fix the wrongs I have done in this life if I have no guilt or remorse for the things I have done in past lives.

I am talking about here and now, I am talking about this life. That is all that matters at this moment.

The fact remains, Born again Christians have a hard time with being ethical, they have done bad before and they will probably repeat those actions again at a later point and no system of belief is going to change that, IMO.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join